Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW May 14 to 21, 2022
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW 5-29 to 6-4-2022 Topic Next Topic: AOTW May 1 to 7, 2022  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 14 2022 :  7:00:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Just arrived from his Fogship's Manor: vintage Marx militaria.

As well as an assortment of Roman charioteers and cavalry. Even in miniature, these
splendid little figures convey the fearsome energy of these ancient warriors. Great Britain
was a Roman province AD 43 to AD 410, and had many of the features one assoicates
with classical Rome. The Romans left a trove of artifacts ranging from gold treasure to
astonishing machinery to breathtaking mosaics. These little fellows will be used for future
videos of Roman warriors caught in a time warp and transposed into modern Britain as well
as Romano-British re-enactment fairs. I think Nessie will have great fun eating a few, as well.
The humor might not be quite so vivid as but to my British counterparts.

The history of Britain is a mind boggling tableau that reaches into deepest time.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - May 14 2022 :  7:56:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I recognized that ambulance right away. I thought i might see Hawkeye or Radar from M*A*S*H next to it. Glad all those time machine pieces are useful to you.

Here's my AOTW. A 96 x 48" display shelf my brothers and I built in the 70s or 80s to house our growing collections. I made sure that this made it to my basement as we cleaned out the ancestral home a few years ago.

I just installed it and immediately filled it up with my passenger equipment...

However I am missing two MDC Pullman Palace Cars and two Overlands... Now where did I set those???

SO that's partially what may happen when you have 45 years in the hobby...

Edited by - el rojo grande on May 14 2022 8:07:36 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 17 2022 :  10:28:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Those plastic vehicles and Romans are cool, Chops.

Whoa - nice train shelf!

Recent additions to the Ephrata Valley MOW team, a few of these were re-done by Aaron to better match the rest of the fleet. I anticipate adding the trucks to the layout soon.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 19 2022 :  01:12:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Aaron does amazing work with a remarkably fine hand. I never get
tired of admiring my Anderson Paint Shop Collection. You got not
one, but TWO high railers! Do they both work? Those are two versions
I've never seen before.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 19 2022 :  10:10:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Aaron does amazing work with a remarkably fine hand. I never get
tired of admiring my Anderson Paint Shop Collection. You got not
one, but TWO high railers! Do they both work? Those are two versions
I've never seen before.

Originally posted by Chops124-May 19 2022: 01:12:04 AM

Agreed!

No, the hi-rail gear is purely display. The Chevy Suburban is a 3D printed model from (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/madaboutcars) while the dump truck is a Matchbox truck.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AOTW 5-29 to 6-4-2022 Topic Next Topic: AOTW May 1 to 7, 2022  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000