Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Unusal ALP-46 NJ Transit sighting
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hog Heaven Topic Next Topic: Mother''s Day  

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - May 07 2022 :  10:51:10 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Driving by the local train station here in northern NJ, I stopped and turned around to pulled up to the passenger platform to check out this NJ Transit ALP-46. It was unusual in that it was painted in the old Pennsy Tuscan Brown passenger colors complete with 3 gold stripes. The nose was painted black. Sorry for no pics, as I got a new phone and haven't figured how to take pics with it yet....
I have no idea why it was painted like this, unless Top Train had a lot of extra Pennsy paint and got carried away....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator 

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - May 08 2022 :  11:40:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Here’s info on that and some other heritage units:

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/08-nj-transit-provides-more-details-on-heritage-units/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 08 2022 :  3:07:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I think of Heritage Units as a "what if they existed NOW" kind of thing
I'd like to see NYC & PC on those locos hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - May 08 2022 :  7:13:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
quote:
Here’s info on that and some other heritage units:

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/08-nj-transit-provides-more-details-on-heritage-units/

Originally posted by el rojo grande - May 08 2022 :  11:40:49 AM

Thanks for posting that..... Damn... Just when I when I thought I was done with NJ Transit Engine variations.... The good news for me, is no toy train mgfr has made a ALP-46..... yet

Edited by - AF Kid on May 08 2022 7:23:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - May 08 2022 :  8:07:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
You’re welcome A F Kid. Start saving up for when those are made! I’m with you Buss. We were robbed by NOT having a glorious dirty black PC heritage loco! May e they will see the light and Ken their ways!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - May 08 2022 :  8:46:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
quote:
You’re welcome A F Kid. Start saving up for when those are made! I’m with you Buss. We were robbed by NOT having a glorious dirty black PC heritage loco! May e they will see the light and Ken their ways!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - May 08 2022 :  8:07:04 PM

Apparently you haven't seen the NS PC heritage unit lately. Not only is it filthy, peeling paint adds to the effect. All we need now are thick clouds of black smoke to complete the illusion.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 08 2022 :  9:28:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
JW, I hope you are joking! That would be too, too heritage!!!

Those heritage schemes are bomb! Would love to see
something in B&M. This makes me think that this would
be a great fantasy project!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - May 08 2022 :  10:36:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
quote:
JW, I hope you are joking! That would be too, too heritage!!!

Those heritage schemes are bomb! Would love to see
something in B&M. This makes me think that this would
be a great fantasy project!

Originally posted by Chops124 - May 08 2022 :  9:28:03 PM

I wish I were joking. The PC has been floating around my area recently. This is what it looks like now.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Hog Heaven Topic Next Topic: Mother''s Day  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000