Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Frankenalco
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Building a Roundhouse Hon3 2-8-0 kit Topic Next Topic: Great idea for a load  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - June 12 2021 :  4:27:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
A while back Ephrata valley had a C430 and an F7 suffer severe damage from a rockslide out at the local quarry operation. Because of a great demand for engines right now, the EV sent the two wrecked units to Anderson shops. The Alco had severe frame damage, and the F unit's front end was wrecked, so ALSX grafted an Alco Cab onto an EMD body, thus, the "Frankenalco" CF437, built by Anderson Locomotive Works.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 12 2021 :  10:02:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Cherry red, no less. Nationales de Mexico was famous for some of the chop shop jobs they did.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 12 2021 10:05:08 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 13 2021 :  11:36:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Cherry red, no less. Nationales de Mexico was famous for some of the chop shop jobs they did.

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 12 2021 :  10:02:24 PM

I wonder if that bottom one is in HO scale
sides NdeM has a very colorful history
NdeM - 1903–1995
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 13 2021 :  12:02:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
The Ephrata Valley RR Tycoon is quite pleased with what the Anderson Shops has done on the CF-437. Can't wait to see the final result.

I personally will be doing more digging on "real life kitbashed locomotives," to see if there was actually a similar locomotive to this ever made by a railroad in fixing wrecked locomotives. I've already seen an ALCO RS3 cab on a GP9 body, which if I can find it again, I'll post it here.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Building a Roundhouse Hon3 2-8-0 kit Topic Next Topic: Great idea for a load  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000