Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Armadilloville Updates
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sebring Model Railroad Topic Next Topic: Nassau Lionel Levittown New York Club
Page: of 4

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 26 2021 :  8:42:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks like Chops is hooked on those Hooker chemical tank cars!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 27 2021 :  3:10:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Fungus Among Us: More Adventures in Track Cleaning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gQ0ddbLwMQ
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 27 2021 :  9:32:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
LOL, aside from the pesky giant garden gnomes, the new layout appears to be working well, Chops.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 28 2021 :  01:59:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The Chow Will Go Through

Credit to Anderson Paint Shops for the ultimate gondola, El Rojo Grande for the splendid Capitol
Coal car, from the "Hunger Games."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XP3OhiRnM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 18 2021 :  9:37:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Down Under, Armadilloville Style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7XzWUfEeY

So pleased with this Australian Tyco. Something I've searched quite a while for, they don't
come up too often, so having sworn off buying more Tyco, and no more infernal PT motors,
I bought more Tyco with a PT motor. Quite worth it though, it runs a treat!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 19 2021 :  06:24:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX6AMBiqU9s

Merry XMass. Darned elves are interfering with the business of moving
cargo by rail.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 20 2021 :  10:01:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That Tyco NSW F9 and caboose look and run great, Chops! Once again, congrats.

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 24 2021 :  10:05:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Wow Jeff, I am really jealous of that NSW pair, it looks wonderful! Always good to see Armadilloville in action.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 25 2021 :  01:19:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, Dave. Yeah, it took years of searching and inquiries and then
it finally popped up out of the blue on feeBay. It's such an odd duckling
that I simply had to have it. I have no idea how Tyco got into the Australian
market, and they did so in a rather limited way. I am thrilled that it
actually works. Planting an MU2 motor in it would be very, very risky
as the mounts are entirely different.

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 25 2021 :  06:35:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks, Dave. Yeah, it took years of searching and inquiries and then
it finally popped up out of the blue on feeBay. It's such an odd duckling
that I simply had to have it. I have no idea how Tyco got into the Australian
market, and they did so in a rather limited way. I am thrilled that it
actually works. Planting an MU2 motor in it would be very, very risky
as the mounts are entirely different.

Originally posted by Chops124 - December 25 2021 :  01:19:33 AM

I believe that there's two thin extruded plastic strips that run up vertically above a powertorque, that an MU-2 doesn't have. Or it's the other way around, don't quote me.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 17 2022 :  05:34:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
New Power in Armadilloville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhDqoWdDedg

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 17 2022 :  05:38:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The Bird is the Word

Running some Marx, some pterodactyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O47R-g1fJuY

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 29 2022 :  5:17:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Tanks on the Move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9bxsbjALOQ

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - January 29 2022 :  9:05:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Quite the struggle the little switcher was having! What is the animated T-rex from?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - January 29 2022 :  10:16:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Where is the monoplane you bought from me?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 30 2022 :  06:01:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was just looking at the monoplane today! I have mostly completed it.
Originally, I thought I'd have it circling the Tyco airport, but after
watching the airport wind down and require more and more tinkering
I sold the airport on feeBay for a pittance, but was glad to have
enjoyed it and have videos of it working well.

So the monoplane is going to go on a thread and circle above
New Armadilloville, doing mortal combat with the pterodactyl.

The T Rex, one of my favorite accessories, was from a
Tyco Jurassic Park set. Originally, it would attempt to chomp
down on Jurassic Park Jeeps of a Highway One set up.
The pterodactyl is also a Tyco Jurrasic Park accessory.

Why Tyco didn't go for a Cambrian Explosion set, well,
we will never know.

BTW, that monoplane was a #@%$#%$ to put together!!!

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - January 30 2022 :  7:09:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
Looking at those videos. That bus sure puts the Rapid in Rapid Transit.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 30 2022 :  8:27:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Armadilloville has many interesting sites!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 24 2022 :  12:35:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Someone gave me a small heap of EZ track, not the gray that will be used on Henley, so it gave an
opportunity to relay all the track on Armodilloville, with a goal of best possible simplicity and best
possible derailment free reliability. Previously, Atas Tru Track had been used, with a creative, but
not terribly practical 20 degree Atlas crossing hafted into place with a couple of short joiners.
None of it met the goal of reliability, and it looked a bit slap-dash, which it was.

Laying in the EZ track was, well, easy, and it was not great loss to lose the crossing.
As it is, I have several crossings planned for the rebuilding of Henley. The overall look is much tidier,
and though I have not run it yet, I suspect it will be excellent, as has the extensive tests we've done
on Jimmy's 8x12 EZ track layout.

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - February 24 2022 :  12:37:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Did you have any track alignment issues fitting that turnout (with its short straight section ahead of the points) into the curve?

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 24 2022 :  1:56:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's a tidy little layout! Is there enough clearance to run the bus?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 24 2022 :  6:50:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Plenty o' room. Going to fire it up tonight. I am in a New
Haven kind of mood.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 25 2022 :  04:33:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Love it! Does the EZ track switch have a built in block for engine parking?

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 25 2022 :  6:40:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Love it! Does the EZ track switch have a built in block for engine parking?

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 25 2022 :  04:33:55 AM

Short question/Long answer :
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php?topic=19629.0

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 26 2022 :  05:17:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Are were sure there was there even an answer in there? It sounds like they're supposed to be (used to be?) power-routing, but the new ones aren't?

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 26 2022 :  08:13:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Are were sure there was there even an answer in there? It sounds like they're supposed to be (used to be?) power-routing, but the new ones aren't?

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 26 2022 :  05:17:33 AM

I got the impression that there's a relay in there to power the frog, and someone took that to mean that the switch is power routing, but that it really is not. To me, it would be odd to make them power routing, because that requires a pretty savvy user when two switches are back to back. If they're thrown opposite ways, that's a short circuit. The point of this stuff is ease of use, so I would think they'd go for fool proof design.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 02 2022 :  10:58:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Shroom Doom in Armadilloville

Finally got a chance to power up the newly tracked Armadilloville. The lovely old NH coaches are a
gift from RP Model Railroads, and the F came from a shell from WKS. The zinc cast trucks on the
coaches are prone to mishap, but the sturdy EZ track held them fast and true, much to my delight.
EZ track seems to be the perfect fit for me.

A curious side note is that the NH coaches have a metal chassis, imprinted with "Penn Line!"

Straight up: the 4x4 design is completely inspired by the EVRR, #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9onTg4GxdU

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 03 2022 :  02:37:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Blowing off some steam, and enjoying the reliability of EZ Track.
This stuff brings out the best in my cranky old trains.

A big thank you to El Rojo Grande for the Capitol Coal and the
Fogite Ore Car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTsNCQQvIcw

Edited by - Chops124 on March 03 2022 02:38:35 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 03 2022 :  1:30:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Bugging Out in Armadilloville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hflcg39oi3g

With thanks to A-A-Ron & El Rojo Grande & WKS

The ultimate test of the new EZ track system was to see if the Varney Aerotrain could
take it. Originally a gift from WKS, it came as a dummy set, and with a little advice
from TopTrain, it was converted to powered. The problem remained that coaches
required different wheels and weighting to track at all, as well as a new coupling
system. It worked, after many hours of tuning, but was very sensitive to any
slight defect or variation in track. First time out on the EZ track, she lit up and
took off .

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - March 06 2022 :  12:37:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Love the Aerotrain! That set is on my list of things to find one day. The bus really has a tight street to drive down!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 06 2022 :  2:40:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks Cheez! The Aerotrain was gifted to me by WKS, an extremely
thoughtful gesture as I've wanted one for so long. It really is the
signature piece of Armadilloville.

I've a bit of a hankering to decal it for Ann Rynd's "Transcontinental
Lines" ("Atlas Shrugged," was it? Godawful dismal book. I gave up reading
it about 2/3 of the way through. Makes one want to put one's head
in the oven). I don't want to spend a lot of cash for two decals, though.
I might yet.

It came as a dummy, and TopTrain suggested implanting half of a
SW1500 Blue Box chassis in it, which worked out very well. The
wheels had to be replaced with OO wheels, as anything else, whatever
I tried, refused to track. The plastic bar coupler had to be changed
over to a small length of chain for greater flexibility on curves.

I'm pretty crude when it comes to kit bashing and modeling in
general, so I had to throw everything I had at this project, but
it was sure worth the effort. I simply love this piece.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 06 2022 :  5:43:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNjA5KnI6qc

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 15 2022 :  02:39:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Doin' the Dino Hustle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1IAC9a_qU8

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 25 2022 :  02:13:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Easter Tyme in New Armodilloville!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMSypIsVK4o

Old Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - March 29 2022 :  1:12:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Old Bandit to Buddylist
I'm a big fan of Armadilloville. Love this layout with actions everywhere.
I don't take myself seriously, so I apologize if you do.
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 10  ~  Member Since: March 29 2022  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 29 2022 :  9:28:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks OB. It has had a lot of contributions from
different folks, mostly from this site. The custom
painted vehicles are mostly done by A-A-Ron, and
the name and the Jade Fog items are from El Rojo
Grande. RP traded or sold me a lot of the
structures, and I got various bits and cool pieces
zooming about from WKS, G Money (CR GP 38), Walt
and Micro Busss, who's immense collection causes
jealousy attacks from East to West.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 01 2022 :  12:42:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKePs-od30U

If you are familiar with the Dr. Seuss classic, "Go Cat Go!" well, this is like the exact opposite. And I felt like
hearing some PP&M, one of my favorite folk singers. It was fun to run the trains, too!

Oh, the gal in the closing credits (assuming you get that far) she is an artist's rendition of what a
Neanderthal girl could have looked like, in a means of explaining how Neanderthal gals and guys
met up. No particular relation to anything, except maybe how amazing it is we went from hand axes
to Tyco, and that I love stones and bones.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 03 2022 :  02:15:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Behind the Steams at New Armadilloville

We hope you have a satisfactory viewing experience. Happy AF Day!
(The little camera was a gift from my Sister, May, and it got me good!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmC2cdn0hv4

Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 03 2022 :  08:12:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Nice and funny video as always. Who's that guy behind the layout ? Dr. Emmett Lathrop Brown ?
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 54  ~  Member Since: April 01 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 03 2022 :  10:38:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great video, Chops. Uh, oh - it looks like Armadilloville will now be overrun with dino skeletons.

Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 11 2022 :  11:48:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Οld Bandit to Buddylist
What kind of Bachmann EZ track do you use: Steel Alloy w/ black roadbed or Nickel Silver w/ gray roadbed ?
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 54  ~  Member Since: April 01 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 11 2022 :  7:12:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That there is the steel on black, and it works great. My friend, Jimmy,
uses a couple hundred feet of it as well, and it works great. I saw
the remarks about it corroding, etc, and that is tripe. The stuff works
fine. As for the color, well, one can live it or paint it or ballast it.

The one common complaint of B'Mann EZ track are loose guide rails,
particularly on the #4' turnouts. That is a valid concern, the issue
seems to relate to the rivet that affixes the guide rail to the cross
beam not being tight enough, allowing the rail to float when it is
open, and this picks the flanges of passing rolling stock.

In such a case, I'd not attempt a repair as it is very easy to break. I'd
just send it back for a replacement.

The Old Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 12 2022 :  12:13:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Old Bandit to Buddylist
Thanks for your answer Chops. Very interesting.

For some mysterious reasons my account Οld Bandit no longer works (maybe my PC hates me - who knows?). I'm happy to be back with this new username.
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: April 11 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 18 2022 :  11:24:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hi Railing in New Armadilloville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTOyo982NE4

Like laying track, often I have no idea of where I am headed or
what it will look like. This video is a prime example.

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 18 2022 :  11:43:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Nice video ! I saw the Famous Hand of God.
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: April 16 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 18 2022 :  10:15:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That hi-rail truck looks cool running on Armadilloville.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 21 2022 :  01:58:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nCRhWmbd7g

Events of the news are making me lose my mind. In a last ditch effort to save what is left of it,
blew off some diesel with this.

The Οld Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - April 21 2022 :  03:01:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add The Οld Bandit to Buddylist
Funny video as always ! There is no diamond on the new Armadillo Ville. What's going on ?
How many Barbies were injured in this movie ? Now we know that Barbie is a nuclear doll !
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: April 16 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - April 21 2022 :  9:37:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Attack of the 50 foot woman!

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 21 2022 :  11:54:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Sebring Model Railroad Topic Next Topic: Nassau Lionel Levittown New York Club  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000