Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Armadilloville Updates
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sebring Model Railroad Topic Next Topic: Nassau Lionel Levittown New York Club
Page: of 4

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - July 23 2021 :  2:39:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Did you find that cutting a BB frame is really hard? Thinking a hacksaw would be really slow, I used a grinder and cutoff wheel. 30 minutes later... success.

If I ever need to cut another, it will be with a hacksaw.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 23 2021 :  4:45:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yes, it was slow going, and messy. Might have well
as used a rock from the back yard.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 23 2021 :  9:42:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice Armadilloville action videos, Chops.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 29 2021 :  07:50:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The Sweet Life II

Just messing around with the "new, improved" Wondershare Editor. It is a bit annoying to be forced to learn the new landscape, and tricky to navigate.

https://youtu.be/aNQtI2ZUzBA
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 29 2021 :  9:42:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Lots of sugar is transported on the Armadillo lines.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - July 30 2021 :  08:00:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
99% of Armadillovile engineers have cavities!
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 30 2021 :  09:36:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Fighting with the new, improved Wondershare X upgrade last night. It was like fighting with Hal, the comuter in
2001, that was politely murdering the crew with a soft,
computer generated voice, "Sorry, Dave, I cannot do that."
Seems this new improved upgrade, forced on me, wants to create and edit the entire video by itself, and I have to continually interrupt its automatic computer generated attempts to hijack me. Gave up and went to bed.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 30 2021 :  9:23:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Gotta switch to MovieMaker 2012, Chops. Much less hassle, is free, no watermarks, and has enough basic features to make great basic videos. I've been using it for years and it hasn't failed me yet.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 31 2021 :  10:55:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was thinking you had mentioned this before. I will try to find some time
Saturday and see if I can get it to work. I spent hours and hours trying
to create one four minute video over the past two nights, and it just
seems, or is it my imagination, that the program is constantly trying to
interrupt and make creative suggestions that I am not looking for or
asking for. Sort of like "Grammarly," which just saddens me that now
a computer can/will rewrite where we used to be authors of our creativity;
creativity that I sincerely regard as being a gift of the Creator.

I was talking to an English teacher friend about "Grammarly" and she
said that she preferred it over "Ctrl-V-P", or whatever is used to copy and
paste. Then, she has a caseload of 150 distracted students, so what can I
say? It's a new world. I guess I just like my old Tyco- the simpler the
better.

Anyways, every generation has its catch phrases, like, "groovy," or "tubular awesome." Currently, it is "reach out," "perfect," "cringe worthy," and my least favorite, "no worries."

So, here is another cringe worthy, perfect, video of which I am reaching out to say, No Worries. Sorry, Dave, I cannot do that.

https://youtu.be/7ApPA7Tq_ws

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 31 2021 :  9:44:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yup, HAL couldn't do that. So, having had all the uploads erased, free of charge, I had to reshoot the video
to get it where I more or less wanted it. All the time Filmora, aka HAL, was fighting me tooth and nail for
hours and hours. This is Take II.

The artist, Jim Morrison, was a tragic combination of great talent and drug and alcohol addiction. He died
badly, and his music largely forgotten today. In his prime, he was often known for collapsing on stage, under
the influence.

https://youtu.be/HmoK28u5CgE

BTW, the GP 38 was from G Money some years ago- it still runs great and has seen a lot of mileage. One of
the SW's, is a dummy from RP.

Edited by - Chops124 on July 31 2021 9:46:30 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 02 2021 :  01:15:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Mogul Madness

https://youtu.be/MIajG3nxTGk

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 02 2021 :  8:52:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nothing like a Mogul. Nice video, Chops!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 08 2021 :  4:59:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks RP, yep, a Mogul a day keeps the doctor away!

This is a previous vid, one of my faves:
"Getting About Armadilloville" featuring the airport, live.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 15 2021 :  05:14:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Pterodactaly Speaking

https://youtu.be/B5Om5UIOLwg

The back story is that the leakage of Fogite intermingled with attempts to clone ancient dinosaurs, mammoths,
and the local armadillo population, for which the fair city is named. In this episode, the plague of giant
armadillos has been solved, only to be replaced by an even more dangerous species, pterodactly speaking.

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - August 16 2021 :  12:04:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
That is simply too much fun!

It pleases me greatly to see my humble creations on a layout like that. Everyone should be a little jealous of the fun you have in that train room!

Although, dinosaurs, giant armadillos, woolly mammoths, T-Rexs, Pteros, Fogite, nuclear reactors and Capitol Coal... How do you sleep at night with all that terror in the train room!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 16 2021 :  10:00:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
LOL, great video Chops! I see you used the Tyco US1 airport to make the pterodactyl fly - cool.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 21 2021 :  9:33:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Armadilloville in first phase of reconstruction. The Strap Hanger set sold for $50 on feeBay.
I enjoyed it, got lots of video of it, so it won't really be missed, I had my fun with it.

After the Forum went down, I figured it was gone for good, and it would be a good time to
dial back on my Tyco hoard. I never intended it to get as big and complex as it did, but you
know how that goes!

The new plan is to re-make it as a 4x4. I've always admired RP's Ephrata Valley. His videography
makes the layout look huge, and his meticulous level of detailing makes it pop. I'm going to do the
same with Aramodilloville.

I'm keeping all the structures; they ship poorly and rarely bring enough money to pay for the trouble,
anyways. The excess will be safely stored in bins under the layout, so I can swap structures in and
out as the spirit moves me.

RP double tracked the EVRR, I'm going to do a single track main with the Trolley Bus in the center.
To spice up the action a little, it is intended to run a short point to point that crosses the main
line on a separate circuit, so that while the train makes its rounds, a short switching freight will be
slowly crossing in front of it, requiring a little thought and care. If I can do it, It might be
an elongated spur feeding the main, so trains can be built up and broken down.

The entire collection of A-A-Ron's fabulous vehicles is a keeper. With the exception of the beautiful
vintage Matchboxes from RP, I will be getting rid of all the old plastic cars. A-A-Ron's work really
makes the mood I am aiming for. And the Armadilloville Trolley is a keeper to, it will be an interurban
from time to time.

I have thoughts of extending Henley out in a long shelf along the back wall that will circle back
to the home loop.

Edited by - Chops124 on September 21 2021 9:39:58 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 21 2021 :  9:37:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
LOL, great video Chops! I see you used the Tyco US1 airport to make the pterodactyl fly - cool.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - August 16 2021 :  10:00:28 PM

Thanks, RP. The Airport has been a lot of fun. It took a little adjusting to get the bird to clear the
surrounding structures. I also have a neat little 1/76 WWI French monoplane I got from The Siding, and
will interchange it.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 21 2021 :  9:52:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I think downsizing Armadilloville to a 4'x4' is a great idea - it is a lot easier to focus on the small details of a small layout, then of a larger layout. I am happy to hear that the Ephrata Valley Railroad was an inspiration to you.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 02 2021 :  7:54:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Armadilloville, now. Stripped of structures and track.

Armadilloville rebuild, a blank canvas:

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 02 2021 :  9:24:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Looking forward to its rebirth Jeff. Like a phoenix.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 03 2021 :  12:29:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I've made progress! Will post Sunday.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 03 2021 :  12:45:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

New Armadilloville starting up in 4x4. Used some old Code 83 Atlas Tru Track for the job. Tru Track
is nice in that it's fairly idiot proof, so I won't have to be constantly fussing with track issues. New
Armadilloville is designed to be portaged to train shows. The inner spur is designed to deliberately
foul the main, so operational interest is maintained, as it is operated on a separate electrical circuit.
I am mulling over the idea of hooking it to a Bachmann Automatic Trolley Reversing Circuit. Now
that I have some Mad Money from the Great Herd Thinning, I may very well do exactly that.

Today: hope to gather my energy and coat it with Life Life vintage sawdust grass.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 03 2021 :  10:32:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Lookin' good, Chops!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 04 2021 :  03:07:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Inspired by the EVRR.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 04 2021 :  12:20:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's a neat track layout!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 04 2021 :  11:21:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, Cheez. I gotta say, though, your modeling
efforts are among the very most interesting I've seen.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 05 2021 :  1:06:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I appreciate the compliment. You seem to get a lot more done than I do though!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 05 2021 :  4:05:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Inspired by the EVRR.

Originally posted by Chops124-October 04 2021: 03:07:29 AM

Well, that's awesome!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 27 2021 :  3:11:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Wresting away a few precious hours to do something fun. Slowly leveling up the foundations
of New Armadilloville, widening the streets.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 27 2021 :  8:54:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Lookin' good, Chops!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 27 2021 :  9:20:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Looks nice. I thought it was the previous layout. Looks similar but now a smaller version.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 28 2021 :  01:27:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I enjoyed a little time removing shrubs and adding asphalt
to accommodate all these great vehicles from Anderson
Paint Shops.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 14 2021 :  5:20:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
New Day, New Armodilloville

The link has been moved down to below, due to a broken link.

Following RP's EVRR lead, I chopped Armadilloville in half. I am glad I did. So much less hassle in so many ways, and just as much fun. Premier run.

I was hoping to use the Aerotrain that WKS gave me, but the larger Hornby OO flanges won't take to the Atlas Tru Track Code 83 rail. Will modify it and have it up and about. That is my signature piece for Armadilloville!

Edited by - Chops124 on November 14 2021 11:38:54 PM

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 14 2021 :  7:39:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I'm guessing not having to constantly stop trains on the crossover must be nice. I'm loving the new layout. It's much more compact.
Edited by - A-A-RON on November 14 2021 7:53:05 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 14 2021 :  9:52:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
New Day, New Armodilloville

https://studio.youtube.com/video/Z283mAy75F4/edit

Following RP's EVRR lead, I chopped Armadilloville in half. I am glad I did. So much less hassle in so many ways, and just as much fun. Premier run.

I was hoping to use the Aerotrain that WKS gave me, but the larger Hornby OO flanges won't take to the Atlas Tru Track Code 83 rail. Will modify it and have it up and about. That is my signature piece for Armadilloville!

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 14 2021 :  5:20:59 PM

The link is to YouTube studio and not to a finished video. I get an error message:
"Oops, something went wrong."

You have to appreciate how programmers in this post-quality world slave over producing informative diagnostics.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 14 2021 :  11:37:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z283mAy75F4

Thanks for the heads up Shags, I recopied the link. The old
one worked for me, does this work???

Edited by - Chops124 on November 14 2021 11:40:24 PM

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 15 2021 :  10:52:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
This one plays for me. I like it. It may be smaller, but it still catches the spirit of Armadilloville.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 15 2021 :  1:25:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*moves the garbage dup out of town*
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 15 2021 :  1:49:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice video Jeff. You can get the roar of the armadillo from the internet.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 15 2021 :  8:45:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looking good, Chops - loving the compact Armadilloville.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 16 2021 :  01:21:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, RP. I will say again, for the record, I started planning the New Armodiloville
the first time I laid eyes on the EVRR.

Bumping my own bump, here is a video of the previous Armadilloville, at its apex,
highlighting a few of the things that required hours and hours of tinkering to fix
or replace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Uw4dwPI6I

My next projects are to film and all Plainview and Longview video showcasing
the Anderson Paint Shop's output and mounting the WWI monoplane that
TheSiding sold me to the Tyco Airport. I will find another way to install the
Tyco Jurassic Park Pteryodactyl, probably from the ceiling

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 20 2021 :  8:35:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
It's The End of the World as We Know It? (And I feel fine...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbjBVu_h7_o

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 20 2021 :  9:21:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great train action on the new Armadilloville, Chops!

So that siding you have basically allows a locomotive pulling a few cars, to go back and forth?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 21 2021 :  1:55:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yes, it's on a separate circuit. When I get some time I will see about using it to make up simple
consists for delivery to the main line. It crosses the main, so the operator has to be a little
careful.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 21 2021 :  9:22:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Yes, it's on a separate circuit. When I get some time I will see about using it to make up simple
consists for delivery to the main line. It crosses the main, so the operator has to be a little
careful.

Originally posted by Chops124-November 21 2021: 1:55:14 PM

Ah, I see. Cool!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 22 2021 :  12:07:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The Many Faces of Amtrak

Amtrak serves New Armadilloville and beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaUI2ynxFVI

Edited by - Chops124 on November 22 2021 11:50:16 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 23 2021 :  9:57:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great video!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 24 2021 :  07:33:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 26 2021 :  01:42:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZlyTKp9Vsw

Sometimes track cleaning requires severe measures.

Edited by - Chops124 on November 27 2021 07:11:55 AM
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Sebring Model Railroad Topic Next Topic: Nassau Lionel Levittown New York Club  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000