Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Promotional 50' Boxcars
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: couplers Topic Next Topic: Mystery car, related to Tyco?  

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - September 24 2006 :  9:42:57 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
Alright...I've been meaning to share this with all of y'all.

There is a TON of promo cars out there. Here are some that I have owned and sold/traded over the last 10 years. Keep your eyes peeled. A few may be crossovers into Mantua around the '77/'78 timeframe.

I was able to acquire these at train shows and before the popularity of eBay took off, between 1997 and 2000. Now you will end up getting bludgeoned in the last few seconds of the auction if these come around again!

Wilson Foods Corn King
Wilson Foods Bacon King (rare of the two Corn Kings)
Bubble Yum
Desenex
Tulnoy Lumber
Lincoln Graphics
Western Auto
Western Model
Whirlpool (this one is VERY RARE)
Burlington, NJ Boy Scouts
Orange Blossom Hobbies
Hazlet Hobbies
E&H Hobbies
Shop Rite
WestingHouse Major Appliances

These are off the top of my head...there are many more.

Of cousrse, the Christmas cars, Johnson Wax cars, Quaker cars are now common knowledge. The ones above may not be. Enjoy the hunt, as I have not seen these in YEARS.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator 

MagnoliaAcademy
Hudson

Posted - September 25 2006 :  7:32:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add MagnoliaAcademy to Buddylist
promo cars:
And, as if the water weren't muddy enough, pards, fans of Electronic and Hobbycraft (E&H) know there are multiple versions of their car over the long years of that business.
The Wilson Corn King sets seem to be showing up with some regularity: both versions in their white corrugated cardboard box. The Westinghouse promo set: generic EMD-F, generic cars, and the promo Westinghouse box car, have also showed up a couple times in the last three months of eBaying.
for what it's worth...
And, as per usual, the oldreliable is spot-on-right: there are, absolutely, many more!
good hunting,
MagAc
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 446  ~  Member Since: December 09 2005  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2006 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - September 25 2006 :  8:07:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
How about Tyco Tropicana Piggyback flatcar with two trailers. Also True Value Hardware Piggyback flatcar with two trailers. Carl
Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - September 28 2006 :  2:29:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
Yessir Mr. Carl. I was only scratching the surface with the 50' boxcars I know of. There is also Zenith sets, RCA Silverama sets, Trains and MRR Magazine 40' boxcars, whew...my head is starting to hurt just thinking about it all!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: couplers Topic Next Topic: Mystery car, related to Tyco?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000