Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 My Tyco 4-Car Passenger Coach Sets
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco New Haven Streamliners Topic Next Topic: Seasons Greatings  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 12 2020 :  08:28:38 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
This thread is dedicated to my growing collection of Tyco's 4-car passenger coach sets, listed in order of when I obtained them. I will continue to update, so please enjoy!

B&O "The Royal Blue" Set

Amtrak Set

Burlington Route Set

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on November 12 2020 08:31:15 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 12 2020 :  09:08:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Neat! I have the new haven one it looks.great with my tyco new haven gg1
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 12 2020 :  10:33:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Passenger coaches always ring my bell. That Burlington, I've not
seen that before...rare?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 12 2020 :  9:52:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Cool Erik! I have yet to get the NH passenger coach set.

Yes, Chops, the Burlington Route cars are harder to find, in my experience. So when a new Ebay listing popped up for $60 for the set, I immediately bought it and the rest is history.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - November 13 2020 :  12:19:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Welcome to the rabbit hole!

Here's a fun tip: Silver Sharpies are pretty close in colour to the silver paint that Tyco used. If you ever want to hide small chips in the paint, a quick dab with a sharpie does wonders.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 13 2020 :  02:20:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice tip, Chops! I have a Santa Fe set that has more than 4 cars. I bought a few more over time. I had first bought an Amtrak set but relized my childhood set stuff was SF. I sold one and instantly bought the SF... I like to see the different Tyco passenger piece as they come up.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 13 2020 :  04:13:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Happy to take the credit. Alas, we have Da Cheez to
thank for this excellent 💡.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 13 2020 :  07:56:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Da Cheez, great tip!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 13 2020 :  10:47:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Got Those and the Pennsylvania as well the Atlantic Coast line Rio Grande and Canadian Pacific ones are also hard to find
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 13 2020 :  6:59:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Burlington is a want!
well so is about 3-4 UP passenger cars
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 13 2020 :  9:01:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
i gotta get the rio grande and or the union pacific ones!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 13 2020 :  9:24:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Likewise!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 13 2020 :  10:06:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
i gotta get the rio grande and or the union pacific ones!

Originally posted by Erik The Train Nerd - November 13 2020 :  9:01:05 PM

Rio Grande me has but missing 1 truck
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - November 14 2020 :  9:01:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
Da Cheez, great tip!

Originally posted by RP model railroads - November 13 2020 :  07:56:53 AM

Also, a drop of Labelle oil on each axle point will not only increase the free-rolling ability, it will help with conductivity which keeps the interior lights on better. The oil and sharpie are the two things I would do to every newly arrived Tyco car.

Edited by - DaCheez on November 14 2020 9:02:07 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 14 2020 :  9:03:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
Da Cheez, great tip!

Originally posted by RP model railroads - November 13 2020 :  07:56:53 AM

Also, a drop of Labelle oil on each axle point will not only increase the free-rolling ability, it will help with conductivity which keeps the interior lights on better. The oil and sharpie are the two things I would do to every newly arrived Tyco car.

Originally posted by DaCheez-November 14 2020: 9:01:19 PM

Huh! I knew about using oil on wheel/axle points for free-rolling, but didn't know it will increase conductivity. Will try.

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 19 2020 :  7:40:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Can't get enough Tyco streamline passenger coaches!
I currently have the Santa Fe (Regular and Chrome), Chrome B&O, and Union Pacific complete sets, as well as partial sets of Canadian Pacific, Amtrak, Southern, and Burlington.
As far as I can tell, the hardest ones to find are Canadian Pacific, Union Pacific, and Southern (both regular and chrome).
Semi-rare ones would be the D&RG, New Haven, CN, and ACL. Penn Central also seems to be slightly scarce.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 20 2020 :  01:21:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Me too, BNSFIA. I have a weak spot for those old gems.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 20 2020 :  4:37:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Yes, BNSFia, it was you who inspired me to start collecting Tyco passenger coaches, and it has been a slow process......

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - December 20 2020 :  8:25:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
My LHS currently has a chrome B&O set with locos for sale. And usually a bunch of loosenpassenger cars for those patient enough to build the sets one car at a time.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 20 2020 :  8:49:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Interesting. I think I got my chrome set around the $50-60 range, so if it's fairly priced, go for it!

RP- It's a slippery slope for sure, but each set makes a really cool collection!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 20 2020 :  11:56:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I found my Amtrak ones but don't have the observation or the locos
  Previous Topic: Tyco New Haven Streamliners Topic Next Topic: Seasons Greatings  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000