Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 29 ]  [ Total: 29 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Brave New World
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: November Operations Update Topic Next Topic: NEW Southern Oil Company Scene on the EVRR  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 08 2020 :  9:42:02 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/70MCvdrmkCk

Featuring the new Hornby Rocket, a splendid piece of machinery and Bachmann's John Bull.

The Bull is a pretty decent contraption, with a decently solid motor in the tender that is sure to
last a while. Bachmann's "The Prussian" looks to have the same motor set up, and I'd like to
get my hands on that. "The DeWitt Clinton" ran about two hours before the motor fizzed out, that
was very disappointing. I'd consider replacing it, but cannot be very sure about running it. Maybe
ten minutes a time for videos, or something.

Does anyone know about other commercially available First Gen kind of stuff?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 08 2020 :  10:28:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
GREAT video, Chops! Splendid music.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about First Gen train items, in any scale. My specialty is Tyco, and American diesels, with a growing love of German locomotives of all sorts.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 09 2020 :  09:13:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
I don't know about any other stuff. that John bull is cool, my uncle has one that belonged to his father who was a model railroader he has tons of ho and oo stuff packed away in the basement
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 09 2020 :  10:48:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
That's all the early 1800s era stuff there really is. (Unless I'm missing something)

John Bull - Bachmann
Lafayette, (Prussia, Pegasus) - Bachmann
Dewitt Clinton - Bachmann
Rocket - Triang and new Hornby
Adler - Trix? (German)
Brotli Bahn - Super expensive brass model
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 09 2020 :  11:22:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The LaFayette is regrettably junk, from personal experience. Did not know
about Pegasus or Brotli Bahn. The Triang Rocket was actually S scale,
made to look OO, because they couldn't get a smaller motor in it.
That was a piece of junk also, I got one in a trade, and it didn't take
long to burn up. I spent decades trying to figure out a way to remotor it,
to no avail. The new Rocket by Hornby is a splendid crown jewel in
every respect. Don't regret the price tag at all.

The Trix piece is interesting, but they rarely turn up on eBay and go
for a fortune. Not sure I love it that much.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: November Operations Update Topic Next Topic: NEW Southern Oil Company Scene on the EVRR  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000