Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 but it was cheaper!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Railroad books. Topic Next Topic: Today''s train adventures (I''m internet famous)  

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - October 25 2020 :  2:28:58 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
I am in need of a few tyco horn hooks, and looking on ebay I found an auction that was cheaper than a pack of horn hooks

it was for cars

this came today (the huge box in the back, on layout for scale)

it dwarfs my already existing collection of rolling stock and free Child guidance toy, inc buildings that came with a box deal from the local train store

well packaged

all 14 cars. I did not look closely, most(?) are not tyco so the horns may not be compatible, but I should be able to scavenge enough, or maybe convert some cart to use the other trucks with their hooks. I am ok with this

it took up ALL my spare straight track to have a spot for it to sit (not spare, but track for siding and spurs awaiting joiners and fractional track)

oh, why? the price was the SAME as current buy it now auctions for hooks ONLY, and includes stull like trucks, axles and all sort of other spare parts that I might use (like brake handwheels, ladders?)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 25 2020 :  3:11:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice! Going to send you some broke stuff tommorow, that will
include ladders, trucks and couplers you might have use for.
Along with the specific replacement axle for your F unit. As you
have noticed, the stuff we bring back from the grave is always
more fun.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11194  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 25 2020 :  4:31:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice lot find! And, all horn hook couplers are compatible, which is another reason why I love them so much.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - October 25 2020 :  9:07:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
quote:
Nice lot find! And, all horn hook couplers are compatible, which is another reason why I love them so much.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - October 25 2020 :  4:31:31 PM

yeah, but grabbing one to fix a different car doesn't look like it. more research in the future/

I have a hunch I'll have these back up on ebay, once I've everything sorted to my liking
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Railroad books. Topic Next Topic: Today''s train adventures (I''m internet famous)  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000