Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 42 ]  [ Total: 42 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Blax's artwork thread!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: all i can say is WOW Topic Next Topic: Wilford Brimley  

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 05 2020 :  09:01:50 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
You may not know, but some of our fellow members like to put trains on paper as well! Aaron and I have shared a few drawings with each other, and now I'm going to share mine with all of You!

Anyone is allowed to post their train related art here. Have fun!

A lot of my drawings aren't finished. I draw once in awhile when I have the motivation.

Unfinished picture of my F-7A, Cody

Unfinished picture of the city of San Francisco UP and SP trains highballing out of San Fran.

Almost finished picture of a random roundhouse scene on the SP, around 1930.

Random pictures of Alex the Jupiter.

Here's a fun cartoony picture I did a while back. Can't be late, can't be late, can't be late with that eastbound freight! (Yeah I know he's pulling passenger cars, whatever )
He's going so fast, he jumped the rails!

That's all for me at the moment, feel free to comment and share your art!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 05 2020 :  2:34:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Very impresive!! Wow!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 05 2020 :  9:26:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great drawings! Love the last one as is!! Awesome!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 05 2020 :  10:52:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11195  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 06 2020 :  05:25:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
As I shared these with Blax I may as well share them here as well. Here's some of my drawings. I haven't been doing any lately, as I have had no real artistic motivation. I'm sure it will return though...

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on August 06 2020 05:27:50 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 06 2020 :  10:36:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nice
where is the Co-Op grain elevator at?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 06 2020 :  5:35:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice drawings A-A-ron! Wow.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 06 2020 :  9:11:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
[quote]nice
where is the Co-Op grain elevator at?

Originally posted by microbusss - August 06 2020 :  10:36:08 AM

In the city of Grainford Kansas, a figment of my imagination. Here's the real-deal that I remember. This is in the "city" of Huscher Kansas. This elevator is essentially the whole town.

(Images courtesy of Google Maps)

Truth be told this railroad crossing is one of my favorite memories of Kansas and the midwest as a whole. I probably spent all of ten minutes there my whole life, passing through with my parents in the old Chevy Pickup on the way to the dump, but it feels like I spent a lifetime there. I remember Kansas well. The rolling hills and lush fields, the rusty grain cars under towering elevators, the brick buildings lining the small-town main streets. And although I left that world long ago, it still lives on in my heart... that's the feeling I wanted to create when I made this drawing...

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on August 06 2020 9:30:12 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 06 2020 :  9:26:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I didn't think it was a particular location.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Aaron, got any pictures in color of a KYLE locomotive? I'm assuming that's your fictitious railroad.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 06 2020 :  9:33:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Both Alex and Aaron, have either of you considered colorizing your drawings? I think they would really pop, especially the "flying Jupiter" by Alex and "Co-Op" by Aaron.

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 06 2020 :  9:47:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
I didn't think it was a particular location.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Aaron, got any pictures in color of a KYLE locomotive? I'm assuming that's your fictitious railroad.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - August 06 2020 :  9:26:53 PM

Here's my drawing of one of their few ex-BN u-boats that got a paint job.

Let's just say it's not quite as fictitious as you may realize...

(Image courtesy of Railpictures.net. Not my photo, please DON'T SUE! )

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on August 06 2020 9:48:12 PM

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 06 2020 :  9:53:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
Both Alex and Aaron, have either of you considered colorizing your drawings? I think they would really pop, especially the "flying Jupiter" by Alex and "Co-Op" by Aaron.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - August 06 2020 :  9:33:15 PM

I have a great deal of colorized drawings. 'Co-OP' is one I don't plan to colorize, as I love it how it is. I'll dig some of my colorized drawings out tomorrow. I would now but with work tomorrow 3 a.m. is coming real quick.

Aaron Anderson

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 07 2020 :  09:11:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Oh! I didn't know that line was real! Wow! Nice paint scheme!

RP, eastbound freight will not be colorized because I like to think it should look like an old cartoon.

Once I finish them there will be plenty of drawings that get some color

Also I figured I'd post this here because it counts as digital art, my friend Benjamin models trains in blender and rigs them to use in trainz simulator. He is currently making my OC.

(Obviously it isn't finished yet)

Credit to Benjamin, therailfunkpunk on youtube
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 07 2020 :  9:23:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Ok, got it. Also, nice digital rendering!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 08 2020 :  3:12:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Kyle Railroad. Wow, who knew? Too bad Tyco didn't do one!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11195  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 08 2020 :  6:42:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 08 2020 :  3:12:28 PM

Kyle ran from Kansas to Colorado, so my new Durango fits pretty well. If I see a dirt cheap Tyco GP20 for sale I have plans to repaint it into a Kyle unit, as they had some geeps. I have to find the right unit first, and I'd like to learn to airbrush as well...

Aaron Anderson

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 08 2020 :  8:39:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 08 2020 :  3:12:28 PM

Kyle ran from Kansas to Colorado, so my new Durango fits pretty well. If I see a dirt cheap Tyco GP20 for sale I have plans to repaint it into a Kyle unit, as they had some geeps. I have to find the right unit first, and I'd like to learn to airbrush as well...

Originally posted by A-A-RON - August 08 2020 :  6:42:06 PM

it still does!
using the old Rock Island lines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Railroad
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 08 2020 :  11:53:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A very interesting short line lesson, thanks!
  Previous Topic: all i can say is WOW Topic Next Topic: Wilford Brimley  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000