Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 44 ]  [ Total: 44 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Mantua Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 Mantua 0-10-0
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mantua Locomotive Serial Numbers Topic Next Topic: Mantua Shifter w/ Complex Valve Gear  

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - June 21 2020 :  10:03:14 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Has anyone ever seen a Mantua 0-10-0?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 20 2020 :  06:19:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Yes!
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - August 20 2020 :  7:20:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
tell me more
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bring Back British Rail
Switcher

Posted - November 19 2021 :  2:13:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bring Back British Rail to Buddylist
Yes, I have one. The prototype is the Alton & Southern RR's #14, which was a one-off loco. The Mantua model actually kind of sort of resembles the prototype - sort of. The model is basically a Mantua Decapod but without the front truck fitted and with the later style Mantua pilot that doesn't have the compressor shields. It has an extra plastic piece glued over the rear auxiliary steam dome which I think is a part unique to this model. It also has a smoke generator in the stack, but motor-wise it's equipped just with the standard Mantua Pittman motor - not a Sagami. The tender is the short 8 wheeled one and it has directional light fitted which works in reverse only. This model was only available for one year in the Mantua 1992 catalog and you don't see them for sale too often. I found this video of the model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVq4WWqTZFE
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14  ~  Member Since: November 19 2021  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - November 19 2021 :  10:34:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
yep I found one for sale about a year ago. This is actually my video lol. It's quite a neat locomotive
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 19 2021 :  11:39:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is wild. Must have had to be used to shove a LOT of freight.
Must have been very expensive to operate and maintain such
a huge locomotive.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Mantua Locomotive Serial Numbers Topic Next Topic: Mantua Shifter w/ Complex Valve Gear  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000