Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 Armodilloville gets a dump.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Our Motto: Topic Next Topic: A couple of buildings Iam working on  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 22 2020 :  2:31:39 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Finally got this project done! I conceptualized it about two years ago, and little by
little I figured out how I wanted to do the texture and the covering. For those of
you who follow the Fog, note a few chunks glowing quietly.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 22 2020 :  3:15:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
thats 1 thing you never see on ANY layouts!

I want to do the scrap yard I had using the Life-Like Build-A-Scene Construction Site
got that idea from those L-L magazines they put out
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - April 22 2020 :  3:34:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
"That's the place we go to dump them powertourques"

- Creators of Pemco

That should be canon for the dump, since you like Pemco/IHC/Mehano so much It really is great stuff though!

I do like the glowing stuff.... Maybe it could be radioactive gear lubricant! Its what happens before the "Mayonnaise" turns into the "Peanut Butter"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 22 2020 :  3:38:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice scene with the realistic refuse materials Jeff.
Maybe a recycle scene next to it perhaps.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 22 2020 :  5:30:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, Busss, coming from the Tyco Master Collector, I appreciate that.

Hah, I got a few windings from expired PT's, I'll try that.

I like the recycling idea, WKS, that hadn't occurred to me.

For the trash overlay, I used dried out used tea from tea bags. An idea
I got from a British modeler who paints it green for grass.

My Armadilloville backstory is developing: the Fogite was released from the
poorly contained Fogite Plant, not inconsequentlally located next to the
Nuclear Power Plant. The loose Fogite is responsible for dinosaurs coming
to life, enormous flies, and such. Also, a cloning lab, hidden in the
basement of City Hall, has released cloned mastadons.

BTW, I am not against nuclear power, per say, it is excellent in medicinal use
and provides an extreme amount of electrical power. The problem, as with
all things, including microbes, is they will eventually escape. It is what nature
does: she is constantly stirring the global pot. The concept of containment is
but a relative one: how much and how effectively can you contain anything?

The guy laughing at the world on the bill board is thinking, "So, you got it
all life's mysteries figured out, do ya?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Our Motto: Topic Next Topic: A couple of buildings Iam working on  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000