Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 My Railroad the Clover Valley Northern.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Holiday Waltz Topic Next Topic: Gulf Summit Lines and Susquehanna Valley Railway
Page: of 3

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 20 2019 :  2:59:02 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Hello everyone this is my home layout that I started building
the day after I moved in. Right now It's a 4x8 with 2 30 inch x 8 foot extension's. I will post some more when I get home .

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - September 20 2019 :  7:15:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice photo of the station and cars. Look forward to more.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Srenchin
Big Boy

CNRedAvatar

Posted - September 20 2019 :  7:44:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Srenchin to Buddylist
quote:
the day after I moved in. Right now It's a 4x8 with 2 30 inch x 8 foot extension's. I will post some more when I get home .

Originally posted by Bamos - September 20 2019 :  2:59:02 PM

Wow, that station is beautiful, is it scratch built? I would like to see some more pictures.

Proudly keeping Tyco Pluggers out of landfills since 2016
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 818  ~  Member Since: December 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 20 2019 :  9:48:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Awesome
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 20 2019 :  9:50:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Very nice!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 20 2019 :  10:02:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Cool!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 20 2019 :  10:40:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Bamos - September 20 2019 :  2:59:02 PM

Wow, that station is beautiful, is it scratch built? I would like to see some more pictures.

Originally posted by Srenchin - September 20 2019 :  7:44:21 PM

Thanks Srenchin. The station is actually a Bachmann Plasticville Station with some Tichey windows and some added styrene to cover up the chunky platform. The lights are from the Dollar Tree.

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 21 2019 :  01:01:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Thanks Everyone for the nice comments. This is the first layout I've started since my childhood layout that I
built in my parents basement 30 some years ago. It Layout started with a modified Madison Central 4 X 8
layout from the Worlds Greatest Hobby Layout built at Trainfest.

This is the current track plan for the layout I'm not a prototype modeler but i do wish to be able to operate
the layout in the future.

the top part will be staging and industries.

The 4 X 8 will be the main line for now.

And the bottom is to be a stub yard, engine servicing and car shops.

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 22 2019 :  1:03:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
is it me or does that former siding go into the motel pool?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 22 2019 :  2:13:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - September 22 2019 :  1:03:33 PM

It was a siding that i was having derailment issues with so i removed it from service. I did not want to repaint the whole street.

Bill

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 22 2019 :  3:32:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Most intricate yard, very nice. I, too, am not a prototype modeler. In fact, I drive some
of my acquaintances a little buggy because of it. One fellow, Srenchin, has done
some astonishing work taking Plain Jane Tyco 50's and turning them into masterpieces.

I greatly enjoy seeing the CVN and look forward to seeing more. It is a most unique
track plan.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 22 2019 :  4:16:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Been working on the town of Clover Valley this Weekend.

Bill

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 22 2019 :  6:48:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Good DIY vid, thank you. Inspires me to get off the stick and do
some more stuff myself. I would love to see a video of your train(s)
in action.

BTW, I finally spotted the abandoned siding that goes into the
swimming pool that Busss mentioned. I used to live in this
little Permian Basin town that was once a flourishing canteloupe
and onion growing and distribution center, and there were
abandoned tracks all over the place, like a maze. I find that
little scene of the tracks leading up to a pool to be delightful-
please don't "fix" it!!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 22 2019 :  8:40:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - September 22 2019 :  1:03:33 PM

It was a siding that i was having derailment issues with so i removed it from service. I did not want to repaint the whole street.

Originally posted by Bamos - September 22 2019 :  2:13:56 PM

you could do what some cities do
asphalt over the rails!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 22 2019 :  11:33:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great update video - your layout is coming together nicely! Good work!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - September 23 2019 :  12:40:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
The abandoned siding left in the street has an interesting purpose in the prototype world. If a track is abandoned and the railroad crossing is removed, and then the railroad wants to rebuild and use that track again, they have to start from scratch getting the right of way to cross the road. If the track is left in the street, the right of way still belongs to the railroad and they have kept their options open.

Of course in this case, the railroad would probably need to do an environmental impact study with the Army Corps of Engineers in order to build a trestle across a waterway like the motel swimming pool.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 23 2019 :  4:08:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Some new updates I put some plaster cloth and rock castings on the base for Hilltop Manufacturing .

Made a fence for the hobby shop and added some residential buildings.

Bill

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 24 2019 :  12:15:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice, I am grooving on the clothesline. Those details really make
a scene. Like the fence shot, it frames the scene. Is that a
surf board in the back?

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 24 2019 :  11:07:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Yes the car is a custom McDonalds Hot Wheels "Surfboarder" casting, the surfboards had a post that held the car together.
Bill

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - September 24 2019 :  11:52:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Enjoy your updates.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - September 25 2019 :  09:14:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Nice layout. It looks like you're having fun.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 25 2019 :  11:10:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Nicely done and excellent workmanship! Please post more photos when you can.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 26 2019 :  2:51:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.
Last weekend I painted the rock wall a started some basic scenery on the spot where Hilltop Manufacturing will go. Then last night I painted the building.
It came out so nice I may use it as an online industry somewhere else.
I have a Bates Mansion in my stash. I'll see if it fits later

Also found a DPM kit 75 percent an could not resist starting building the
I'm going to kit bash it into a back ground building.

Bill

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 26 2019 :  7:02:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice work, and quite the attention to detail!!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 27 2019 :  03:25:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I like the portico, nice touch! An abundance
Of low relief buildings, most ingenious.

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 19 2019 :  12:44:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
I want to thank everyone for the nice comments. I'm back working on the railroad again and i'm not sure
about what to do about Hilltop. I threw together the Bates Mansion to see how it fits in the location but it seems to big to me.

While I was pondering the Hilltop area I did some scenery.

Finally I worked on some of the wiring for the lighting . It's noy pretty but i will clean it up later.

Bill

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 19 2019 :  3:30:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Incredible work, Bamos!!

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - October 19 2019 :  9:17:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
Great looking railroad! Thanks for posting - hope to see more of it soon!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - October 19 2019 :  10:27:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Nice layout!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 20 2019 :  3:14:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Thanks everyone.
Bill

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 20 2019 :  6:29:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great stuff! Love the back scenes. Most folks don't
model the back side of places, and this is an interesting
view. Those cast shadows are terrific. I am curious
to see what you do with the Bates mansion. To me
it looks perfectly adequate, and the stair case is a
nice touch, but we'll see how you spin this.

Edited by - Chops124 on October 20 2019 6:31:49 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 20 2019 :  10:05:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
is that the new colors for the Roadside Inn depot?
cause I still have the old one in HoJo colors

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - January 01 2020 :  01:17:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Hello everyone I've been busy with work and didn't have much modeling time until a couple weeks ago.
First I started working on cleaning up the layout and my worbench . They were both unusable full of half done projects new purchases.

I originally had the layout wired as one large block with some parts electrically dead. So I used my 2 week layoff to divide the layout into
7 blocks so far with more to do. Now I can run more than one train at a time.
Once I fixed the layout wiring and ran some trains I found that moving the train from the main to the inner loop required walking around the layout to switch my manual switch stands so I replaced them with some vintage ATLAS remote machines.

Bill

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 01 2020 :  02:20:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice !!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - January 01 2020 :  08:23:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Wow! I didn't realize it was that big!

Can't wait to see more!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 01 2020 :  7:59:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Your layout is really coming together!

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - January 02 2020 :  7:15:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Wow! Great layout! Keep us posted
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - January 08 2020 :  12:05:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Thank you for the comments everyone. I have been working on my BOTW
taking the whole thing apart and sanding down the glue joints it still smells like Testors orange scented cement around my worbench.

Starting reassembly.

And almost done.

Bill

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - January 08 2020 :  12:13:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
And a video of some of my progress.

Bill

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 08 2020 :  5:31:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Cheers to TheBrickLab. Very evocative lighting and imagery.
Reminds me of an old fashioned planetarium. Look forward
to seeing more. Great work on that 7-11.

Edited by - Chops124 on January 08 2020 5:33:00 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 08 2020 :  9:09:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great video! Nice progress - love the lighting work!! Keep up the good work on the 7-11 as well.

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - January 09 2020 :  09:53:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Amazing layout and great scenery technique. I look forward to seeing more of your photos.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - April 24 2020 :  04:06:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
I didn't realize it had been so long since I updated this thread. Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. Things were busy at work untill one of my coworker's came down with covid19. After that I decided to use up my
vacation time. So I've been home working on the layout finishing some long overdue projects and staring some new ones. One of those was the restaurant from building of the week.

I finished the furniture factory for the most part it stil needs sign's and some other details.

And I started on a Walthers kit that I'm going to kitbash in some what represents a forging house my dad work at for
23 years.

Well that's it for now everyone stay safe.

Bill

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - April 24 2020 :  08:48:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I hope your coworker is ok, that building looks great!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - April 24 2020 :  12:30:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Love the work! Hope your coworker gets better soon.

I really love the LL supermarket and the use of matchbox/hot wheels!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - April 26 2020 :  05:43:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Right now no one knows which one of the people they sent home is the
one who tested positive. I'll find out when I go back next Friday .

Bill

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - June 07 2020 :  5:59:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Well its been a while since I updated this but i have done some work.
I did the assembly and painting on the forging house.

Bill

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 07 2020 :  11:47:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Bam-Bam I never tire of looking at this remarkable layout and its
incorporated end to end and amazing visuals.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 08 2020 :  08:58:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
The weathering looks fantastic!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 08 2020 :  4:19:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
In some shots it is hard to tell whether that is a real building or a model. Incredible work!

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - June 08 2020 :  8:34:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
I would like to say thanks to everyone for the nice compliments. When modeling I tend to jump around the layout
working on something then letting it sit for a while to think about what I want to do next. I want to do an interior
on the forging house so I've moved on to another part of the layout.

It's a junction between what will be the outer loop and the loop on the 4x8 so being a junction I thought it needed
a signal tower. Its a 1959 Revell.

This is the before.

and after

And some with the lights on

And the truck started as a well worn Matchbox

Bill
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Holiday Waltz Topic Next Topic: Gulf Summit Lines and Susquehanna Valley Railway  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000