Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Lionel Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Lionel Girls' Train Set, nearly NOS
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Train Room In MD Museum is CLOSED!!!!!!!! Topic Next Topic: Lionel HO Sears, AMF and Spalding boxcars  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 23 2019 :  10:11:41 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.pbs.org/video/antiques-roadshow-appraisal-lionel-girls-train-set-ca-1957/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 24 2019 :  4:27:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
$7,000 - $9,000

Also since the set failed to sell lots of the locos were repainted in black by the hobby store owners!
Which makes the set even more valuable!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 24 2019 :  8:51:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Whoa, I never heard of that! Painting the locomotives black?
The owner of this set seemed a little dissappointed
that her sister got the dancing shoes and suitcase.
Well, now she can go on a Royal Carribean Cruise.
Seriously, is this the sort of thing that any of the
TF's O guys would want to own??

It's definitely retro, definitely interesting, but
would any O guy be willing to shell out 7000
clams, if he could??
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - August 24 2019 :  10:44:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
When I was a kid my cousin collected old tinplate trains. At that time, the best collector's value was in cheap train sets that everyone had and no one took care of. The nostalgia went with the memories. By contrast, the expensive stuff was all taken care of, and still existed, but few people had owned it so few were nostalgic about it.

Here, we see a set that almost no one wanted, almost no one had, and collectors bid the price sky high, anyway. I think some things have greatly changed.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Srenchin
Big Boy

CNRedAvatar

Posted - September 01 2019 :  3:24:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Srenchin to Buddylist
quote:
Whoa, I never heard of that! Painting the locomotives black?
The owner of this set seemed a little dissappointed
that her sister got the dancing shoes and suitcase.
Well, now she can go on a Royal Carribean Cruise.
Seriously, is this the sort of thing that any of the
TF's O guys would want to own??

It's definitely retro, definitely interesting, but
would any O guy be willing to shell out 7000
clams, if he could??

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 24 2019 :  8:51:28 PM

Actually Chops there is a huge market for "girl train" pastel painted O scale
equipment. I know Williams not only reproduced Lionel's original "Girl's Train"
set but they also produced other items that were never painted in pastel colors including
a pink GG1 and "Robin Egg Blue" Pennsy cabin car. I know of at least one TF member
who was working on an HO version of the "Girl's Train". See below....

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16826&SearchTerms=girls,train

Proudly keeping Tyco Pluggers out of landfills since 2016
Edited by - Srenchin on September 01 2019 3:52:45 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 818  ~  Member Since: December 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: The Train Room In MD Museum is CLOSED!!!!!!!! Topic Next Topic: Lionel HO Sears, AMF and Spalding boxcars  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000