Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 RETRO TYCO II
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: RETRO TYCO updates & My Tyco Collection Tour Topic Next Topic: My NEW N-Scale Layout
Page: of 5

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 24 2019 :  11:33:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice deal. Clutter can really become a problem. I am still missing the
RU E60, and most recently looked for hours for the Bazooka car,
only to find it sitting on the kitchen table!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 25 2019 :  05:28:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Yes...at this point my Tyco rolling stock and locomotives are in 3-4 different places....now with these drawers, I hope I'll have enough room, with additional space for storing further Tyco stuff.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 25 2019 :  1:43:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
don't forget to lay down foam or something soft to protect the cars & locos!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 26 2019 :  08:32:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I was originally considering a fabric of some kind....until I realized just how much I liked the smooth side of bare flake-board. I then decided to simply forget about putting anything in the bottom of the drawers and instead organize my Tyco train cars by sitting them up on their wheels, instead of on their sides......this also worked to maximize storage space.

Last night I spent time organizing 95% of my Tyco collection into the RETRO TYCO II drawers....and everything fit, with additional space in the 3rd drawer for possibly passenger coaches that I will begin collecting in the future. The bottom drawer is only for Tyco locomotives, and cabooses.

RETRO TYCO II - an overview.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - September 26 2019 :  1:18:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Looks good RP , I did the same thing underneath the yard at Clover Valley.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 26 2019 :  2:07:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I am thinking about adding more drawers under my layout. I have three sets of drawers that I could use but I’m not sure I have room anywhere under the table that doesn’t have wires to my lights there without being disturbed.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 26 2019 :  7:05:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks guys!! Yes, I am overly pleased at how much of a success these drawers are...so easy to pick out a Tyco locomotive and train cars to run on the layout, and then neatly put back.

I am thinking that once I run out of room (a.k.a fill up these drawers) I might build another set of 4 drawers on the opposite side of the table leg on the same side of the platform, which would give me a ton more storage.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 04 2019 :  6:14:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I am pleased to announce that thanks to the generosity of kristofer4301, I finally obtained the Tyco Great Northern F9A #4015, from the "Red Box Era!" kristofer4301 gifted me with this awesome piece, that I have since brought back to freight service on RETRO TYCO II. Granted, it is missing 2 stepladders and a few exhaust "stacks" on the roof, but just owning one of this rare Tyco locomotives in running order is awesome.

Here's a video of it hauling some of the rarest Tyco train cars in my collection. Please enjoy, and hit the "Like" if you will - it is appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcTTpJPShrY&t=16s

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 05 2019 :  7:53:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Yesterday I investigated possibilities of revitalizing my 3rd Burlington Northern GP20, which had a burned-out PT motor. Looking through my parts cart, I found another PT truck in good condition, and decided to simply swap-out the bad motor truck.

I then proceeded to fire up the soldering iron, and removed the wiring from the bad truck and simply soldered them on the "new" PT truck. Sure enough, upon tracking testing, my wiring work was a success. There was just one problem, the "new" PT truck popped its pinion gear off. So now I'm trying to superglue/liquid cement it back on....let's see how this works...

In the photo below, the "new" truck is on the left, while the "old" burned-out one is still seen connected to the GP20.

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 05 2019 7:54:38 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 05 2019 :  8:09:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Let us know if that pinion gear fix works. Those are the deuce. I imagine you have already thought of
taking the good pinion off the previous motor.

Tidy and well organized, but I have a feeling that storage drawer is likely to
fill up, over the years, with more mint Tyco specimens.

Edited by - Chops124 on October 05 2019 8:11:04 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 06 2019 :  10:09:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Welp, unfortunately, the pinion gear popped back off again. Back to the drawing board....

Tonight, however, I completed nailing down all of the track on the outer line, including the Ore Dump, Log Dump, and Unloading Box Car accessory "sites." All good.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 06 2019 :  10:50:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yep, Tyco pinion gears, Bachmann, too. Bane of my existence,
you don't have a spare one on one of the BN's u got, I take it.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 07 2019 :  6:50:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Today, I tried using the drill with a tiny metal-boring drill bit, to "rough up" the surface of the drive axle...and then re-affixed the pinion gear to the drive axle with liquid cement. We shall see tomorrow.

Ultimately, I hope to find a solution or at least a strong enough glue, to fix all loose pinion gears.....that way I can hopefully fix up the rest of my Tyco PT locomotives....

I do however have some exciting news -- I got some more Tyco steamers at decent prices!! They should be arriving in a few days, so stay tuned! I am totally stoked.

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 07 2019 6:51:49 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 08 2019 :  11:03:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Let us know how that works, sounds right in theory,
if the roughing is deep enough? Look forward to
seeing the new steamers.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 09 2019 :  7:15:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Well, after letting the glue thoroughly dry for over a day, I tested out the BN GP20 tonight, and after a little bit of coaxing, the PT motor took off and the GP20 is running great (so far.) I ran it for about 5 minutes, and the pinion gear didn't pop off. Tomorrow I will attempt to take a video of it pulling 5-10 cars for about 10-15 mins, as that will be the ultimate test. I really hope this has worked permanently, because I then can use the same strategy on my Chattanooga steamer...and make a how-to video...

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 13 2019 :  10:14:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Spent some time tonight finishing off some train projects....

First off, I removed the old traction tires, and installed some new goodies on my "repaired" Tyco BN GP20 (which by the way, is still working fine.) I then glued 2 truck covers back on the front truck, using liquid cement.

Next, I pulled my "Red Box Era" Tyco New Haven C430 out of the long-term repair pile, and got down to work. First off, I popped off the truck cover, installed brand-new goody traction tires, and cleaned up the brass contact wheels with an x-acto knife. Tested it - runs great! I then used the drill with a incredibly small bit, and drilled-out the holes on the roof to accept new yellow horns off of a later-generation "Brown Box" F9A..which for some reason, had bigger "knobs" on the bottom of its horns. Lastly, I re-glued the truck cover back on.

Then, I moved to my Chattanooga steamer, and using the same process as repairing my BN GP20, I "roughed up" the surface of the PT drive axle with a drill bit, and re-glued a new pinion gear on the drive axle. I will return tomorrow once the glue has fully dried, to test out everything - I really hope this PT fix works for my Chattanooga steamer.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 14 2019 :  9:51:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
UPDATE:

The GP20 and New Haven C430 projects turned out perfectly. I just need a few parts for the GP20 (horns, front coupler, etc.) before it's "rail ready." However, I noticed one of the wires on my Chattanooga 2-8-0 popped off....ARG now I'll have to solder it back on to test if the glue process even worked.

In the mean time....
Here's some photos of my recently acquired Tyco PRR 2-8-2 "Mikado" -- which I am currently working on revitalizing to superb operating condition. Unbelievably, the USPS damaged the roof in shipping (as seen in the last photo, but luckily I was able to piece it back together with the help of liquid cement. I now realize that I most likely can buy a brand new cab, which I will do once I can get the Mikado working great again.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 15 2019 :  02:06:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ouch, I hate when that happens. Really hope that Mike
quits fooling around and works right, that's a really
nice piece. I have a Mantua Pacific, which I rave on,
but never knew, again, that there was a Mike out
there. Another first, for me.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 15 2019 :  10:14:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Oh Ebay, how I love thee........

Seriously, 95% of my best train deals have come from Ebay. Below is another such example:

I found both of these locomotives available from the same seller (first 2 photos credit to seller), both listed as "Tested - Not Working" and each for $9.99, free shipping.

Upon closer inspection, I quickly realized that both locomotives were intact and featured MU-2 style motors, which never die. I then came to the conclusion that either A) A wire was disconnected or B) the seller didn't properly "tune" or clean either locomotive. So I took the risk.

In the end, with a little bit of patience, both the Chessie System C430 and the NYC 0-4-0 run awesome! Both needed new front couplers, and while I have yet to fully tune the Chessie C430, the 0-4-0 "Booster" was cleaned, lubed, and tested for a good 15 minutes. Success!!

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 15 2019 10:15:06 PM

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - October 15 2019 :  10:46:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
That booster is interesting. The side tanker version is pretty common around, but as for the saddle tanker, I have a childhood memory of seeing one in a hobby shop, but can't remember seeing one around since. I was beginning to wonder if I remembered wrong, until now when I see yours.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 15 2019 :  10:58:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
That booster is interesting. The side tanker version is pretty common around, but as for the saddle tanker, I have a childhood memory of seeing one in a hobby shop, but can't remember seeing one around since. I was beginning to wonder if I remembered wrong, until now when I see yours.

Originally posted by scsshaggy - October 15 2019 :  10:46:21 PM

Thanks! Yeah, it is pretty cool.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 16 2019 :  9:32:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I've begun plotting where to place my Tyco cars on RETRO TYCO II.....

I truly want to imitate Tyco's Expander Layout, by recreating the dark-brown streets. Does anyone have some recommendations of what material I should use for roads? Maybe a brown cloth (but that would a pain to cut) or perhaps very thin cork board?

Obviously, I won't install roads until I get as many buildings as I feel are necessary to begin mapping out "Tyco Town." But, it doesn't hurt to plan.

Photo credit to Original Photographer

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 17 2019 7:10:10 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 19 2019 :  5:18:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
UPDATE:

After re-soldering 1 wire back on in the tender of my Chattanooga 2-8-0 steamer, I put it back on the rails and it is running great!! Which means my process of using liquid cement to re-secure the pinion gear works!! This is the 2nd success I've had so far, and I'm the most ecstatic about my Chattanooga 2-8-0 steam locomotive for once again, running as it should.

Will be posting a video to YouTube later today - so stay tuned!

Crown Vic
Little Six

Posted - October 19 2019 :  6:01:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Crown Vic to Buddylist
quote:
UPDATE:

After re-soldering 1 wire back on in the tender of my Chattanooga 2-8-0 steamer, I put it back on the rails and it is running great!! Which means my process of using liquid cement to re-secure the pinion gear works!! This is the 2nd success I've had so far, and I'm the most ecstatic about my Chattanooga 2-8-0 steam locomotive for once again, running as it should.

Will be posting a video to YouTube later today - so stay tuned!

Originally posted by RP model railroads - October 19 2019 :  5:18:16 PM

What type of glue is the liquid cement?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 101  ~  Member Since: June 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 19 2019 :  10:16:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
What type of glue is the liquid cement?

Originally posted by Crown Vic - October 19 2019 :  6:01:16 PM

It is Model Master Liquid Cement for Plastic Models.

Amazingly, it worked for 1 of my BN GP20's, and now on my Chattanooga 2-8-0 steam locomotive! Please enjoy this video of it in action on RETRO TYCO II this afternoon.

Ultimately, my plan is to repair another Tyco PowerTorque locomotive using this fix, and create a how-to video while doing so.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 11 2019 :  6:56:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
This afternoon I glued together the Honest Sam's Used Car Lot TycoKit, and it came out pretty good! I also drilled-out a hole in the "pavement" base to eventually wire-in the included light bulb.

FYI: the blue car on the roof is only serving to hold up the Coke sign as the glue dries. It will come down.

This, among a bunch of other train items, was obtained from a nearby neighbor who I also purchased my new N-Scale layout from -- "Alpenbahn."

I was also working on tuning-up some Tyco locomotives tonight, which will soon make their appearance in upcoming LOTW's and videos of RETRO TYCO action. Stay tuned!

Edited by - RP model railroads on November 11 2019 6:57:23 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 12 2019 :  5:27:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by RP model railroads - October 16 2019 :  9:32:15 PM

do you need that?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 12 2019 :  7:21:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

do you need that?

Originally posted by microbusss-November 12 2019: 5:27:29 PM

The layout expander system? No...but I do need many Tyco buildings.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 12 2019 :  11:01:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
All kinds of creative progress going up! Love the Honest Sam's- I
didn't know that was a Tyco product, always thought of it as AHM.
Glad to know the driver of the blue car didn't crash up there!

You know, I built that Tyco Expander track plan, out of
a burning curiousity. Surprisingly, as a track plan it was

I ended up converting it to a overlapping oval and moved the
spur to the outer left, this was a happier experience.
pretty lousy! The mainline run is short, and the spurs
were awkward. Too boot, the interfacing turnouts to the
inner loop allowed only for one way direction, and the
sharp crossover of the #4 switches pretty much insured
a derailment every time.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 13 2019 :  12:20:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
quote:

do you need that?

Originally posted by microbusss-November 12 2019: 5:27:29 PM

The layout expander system? No...but I do need many Tyco buildings.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - November 12 2019 :  7:21:12 PM

I meant the book!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 13 2019 :  4:27:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Chops: Thanks! Interesting thoughts regarding the layout expander system...I'm glad I went with my own track plan then for RETRO TYCO.

Busss: Oh...sure. I'll take it for the collection.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 13 2019 :  7:23:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Chops: Thanks! Interesting thoughts regarding the layout expander system...I'm glad I went with my own track plan then for RETRO TYCO.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - November 13 2019 :  4:27:16 PM

but do you have one already?

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 13 2019 :  11:20:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by RP model railroads - November 13 2019 :  4:27:16 PM

but do you have one already?

Originally posted by microbusss-November 13 2019: 7:23:41 PM

Nope

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 14 2019 :  10:00:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Just my experience with it, perhaps you could tweak it
if the spirit moves you. I am still amazed your up
and over figure 8 works so well. If it was me, trains
would be piling up in a heap every other lap!!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 14 2019 :  9:04:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Just my experience with it, perhaps you could tweak it
if the spirit moves you. I am still amazed your up
and over figure 8 works so well. If it was me, trains
would be piling up in a heap every other lap!!

Originally posted by Chops124-November 14 2019: 10:00:55 AM

Well...not all of the track is flawless. I often experience shuttering and derailments, which I've diagnosed as bad track connectors, and track nails popping up, causing flexing in the track. :( I just removed the puny nails I used originally to secure the figure-8 trestle-supports (total fail) and installed long nails - which has made trains run a lot better on the figure-8.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 28 2019 :  11:17:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Today I installed a new cloth on the bottom of my HO track cleaning caboose, spread some Labelle 105 on it, and ran it around the outer line of RETRO TYCO II. The results:

I then proceeded to run my Chattanooga GP20 around, and immediately noticed that although it no longer was experiencing numerous "loss of contact" spots, it was struggling around some curves/inclines on the layout. I then grabbed a dry microfiber cloth and gently wiped all the rails off.

Success! Here's the first video I've taken of train action on RETRO TYCO II in 2 weeks, and after track cleaning. The train still zips around, but amazingly only on 30mph on my Tyco powerpack! Before cleaning the track, I had to run my trains on 50mph or above in order for them to avoid stopping dead on the track in several places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NOXyeAoOSQ

By the way, if you are on YouTube and also enjoy following my layouts, please consider liking my videos and subscribing -- I would truly appreciate it!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 17 2019 :  9:53:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Please enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISkVSt_OO3I

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 21 2019 :  9:21:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
With the Alpine Railway project about 90% complete, I've decided to re-focus again on RETRO TYCO II.

I've got a few newly acquired Tyco buildings on the way, to be placed on RETRO TYCO II, so please stay tuned!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 26 2019 :  9:21:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Here are just some of the recent Tyco buildings acquired for RETRO TYCO II. Time to fill up Tyco Town....

Please enjoy this video, featuring TYCO Burlington Northern GP20 #5628 hauling several of TYCO's most popular single-dome tanker cars on the layout!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nga4v1NCh6M&t=7s

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 29 2019 :  8:49:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
More Tyco buildings have arrived!!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 31 2019 :  5:33:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Even more TYCO buildings arrived in the mail yesterday. I assembled 2 of the NIB ones this morning.....

From left to right: Lowe's Theatre, MA's Place, Truck Terminal, Blacksmith Shop, & Barn w. Silo

Continuing to fill-up Tyco Town - Centre Street is looking good.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 06 2020 :  10:11:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Got another Tropicana 62' box car....in this lot of 3 Tyco cars off of Ebay for 18 bucks, shipped. Unfortunately, the Virginian hopper had a broken stepladder, but I did gladly add the Armour reefer to my collection, making 3 total I have now.

And here it is! A little worn on the roof, but for the price, I couldn't pass up owning another Tropicana 62' box car.

Please enjoy this video of my Chessie System "Super" C630 hauling some 62' billboard box cars on RETRO TYCO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7whKUsymdAY

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 06 2020 :  11:41:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Primo!!

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - January 07 2020 :  10:16:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
That Tropicana looks in good shape. And I agree about the reefer, can't have too many of them.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 07 2020 :  10:16:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks guys.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 07 2020 :  11:45:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
That Tropicana looks in good shape. And I agree about the reefer, can't have too many of them.

Originally posted by Redwoods - January 07 2020 :  10:16:20 AM

I had the habit on the piggybacks! Finally was able to force myself not to buy any more of them. Still have the urge to bid when I see the hard to get ones on Ebay...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 18 2020 :  9:38:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Yep, I know that, Walt. If you ever care to spare a True Value or Tropicana piggyback car.........

I got this incomplete lot of the Tyco A-Team Train Set off of Ebay for around 30 bucks, with my eyes on the extremely hard to find Tyco A-Team black plastic helicopter, complete with original stickers!!! I still can't believe it, after almost 2 years of searching, I finally got it! Albeit the helicopter is missing the rear set of blades. :(

I'll definitely have to get a photo of my Tyco A-Team Train Set, with the helicopter included. I still need the van from the set, and a few more boxes, but at least in this lot, I also got the functioning van "shooter," also complete with stickers.

By the way, I do not need these Tyco A-Team cars - the box car, tank car, and caboose. All are complete, but without stickers (the caboose is missing the stack.) If anyone is interested, please PM me.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 19 2020 :  2:56:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I only need the flatcar for mine

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 19 2020 :  3:33:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
I only need the flatcar for mine

Originally posted by microbusss - January 19 2020 :  2:56:44 PM

WE Know!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 03 2020 :  10:21:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

As always you provide us with your nice videos and photos Robert.
We hope to see more but we know you are very busy these days.
Hope to see you soon enjoying your vast collection in action.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic: RETRO TYCO updates & My Tyco Collection Tour Topic Next Topic: My NEW N-Scale Layout  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000