Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Hello Everyone.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New and already asking questions.. Topic Next Topic: watzup  

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - July 29 2019 :  12:16:34 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Hello eveyone I've been a member for a while but i haven't introduced myself. As a child of the 70's and 80" I modeled with TYCO, AHM, Life Like and others till girls and cars got in the way. Then after i got married I began to armchair model dreaming of a huge prototypical layout based on the Mesabi Division of the Great Northern Railway in 1954. Fast forward to last year when we bought a house with a basement and the trains started to come out of storage and I found myself being drawn back to same TYCO trains i started with. so now i have a 9 x 16 layout going together with the Trains of my youth.

Bill

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 29 2019 :  12:50:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hey Bamos, love that track plan. I have never, ever laid eyes
on a loop with two distinct point-to-point yards, that is just
amazing, surely. Operationally, that really raises the game
to a new level.

Like you, I am '70's child, and was drawn back to Tyco
after a joke gift by a model railroader pal. It since
grew to a passion bordering on obsession. Love the
vintage '70's Bill Boards and all the rest of it.

It didn't take me overly long, about 7 or 8 years, of
collecting to learn to stay away from the Tyco
locomotives, except for the older open frame (MU 2)
motor, which runs OK on the open at speed.

So now, I generally have stuck with the older Athearn BB
for my head end work; so much more reliable and better
speed characteristics.

Thank you again for posting this incredible track plan/layout.
You also kept the yards fairly straightforward and didn't try
to over do them. Really, really want to see more photos!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 29 2019 :  12:10:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I see a G.I. Joe Sky Striker under the layout

Layout looks good
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - July 29 2019 :  1:24:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Most of my locamotives are late model bachmanns with some IHC and TYCO rebuilt with stronger magnets mixed in. Most were found On clearance and in thrift stores.

Buss there's a G.I. Joe dragonfly down there also.

Bill

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 29 2019 :  5:03:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Most of my locamotives are late model bachmanns with some IHC and TYCO rebuilt with stronger magnets mixed in. Most were found On clearance and in thrift stores.

Buss there's a G.I. Joe dragonfly down there also.

Bill

Originally posted by Bamos - July 29 2019 :  1:24:30 PM

heh some of my trains were bought at train shows, garage/yard sales & places like you mentioned

there is? I don't see it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 29 2019 :  10:13:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
'Sup Bamos! Excellent layout! Keep up the great work, and please do continue updating us on your progress.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - July 31 2019 :  09:38:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Bamos, Welcome to the club. Nice layout, looking forward to see how it progresses
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: New and already asking questions.. Topic Next Topic: watzup  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000