Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Marx Motive Power, Rolling Stock and Accessories
 Marx sanding tower light bulb
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I snatch up Marx whenever I come across it Topic Next Topic: A Little Marx Vid  

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - February 14 2019 :  8:57:46 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
Does anyone know what size light bulb the Marx sanding tower takes?

And where I could find one?

Thanks,
Mark
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator 

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - February 17 2019 :  05:54:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Just had a look at an image of one of these.

Am I right - there are two bulbs underneath the 'tank' part?

If they screw in then they will probaly be MES -Miniature Edison Screw. Possibly LES which is Liliput Edison Screw, but they look too large to be that to me..

If they are screw bulbs it will just be a case of finding some of the right voltage 15v AC? I prefer to use bulbs of higher voltage that actually needed and then run them under the nominal voltage to prolong their life.

Let us know how you get on.

James

Edited by - Highwayman97 on February 17 2019 2:43:14 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 17 2019 :  3:09:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
IF I ever get something that uses a screw bulb I will modify it with a same size or close LED bulb
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: I snatch up Marx whenever I come across it Topic Next Topic: A Little Marx Vid  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000