Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 A Tyco Santa Fe F7 With a Red Skirt
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Catalog number for Pennsylvannia C430 Topic Next Topic: Tyco Shorty GG1  

Srenchin
Big Boy

CNRedAvatar

Posted - January 19 2019 :  12:40:23 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Srenchin to Buddylist
I found this locomotive while browsing Ebay, it looked interesting so I snatched it up. Has anyone else seen a Tyco Warbonnet painted like this?....

My guess is that someone forgot to apply a masking jig to the bottom of this shell resulting in this Warbonnet with red pilot, stirrups, and fuel tank skirting. This model has a 2nd generation shell with Farr style grills and is equipped with a plastic MU-2 power truck. It is stamped "Made in Austria" on the bottom. My guess is that this model was made around 1975, just before the Power Torque was introduced.

Proudly keeping Tyco Pluggers out of landfills since 2016
Edited by - Srenchin on January 19 2019 11:19:41 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 818  ~  Member Since: December 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 20 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 19 2019 :  02:22:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Looks like you got yourself a unicorn, Srenchin! Nice get. I knew Tyco went to Hong Kong, but not Austria...Is it an AHM piece per chance?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Srenchin
Big Boy

CNRedAvatar

Posted - January 19 2019 :  11:11:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Srenchin to Buddylist
It's definitely a Tyco product, here are some photos of the undercarriage....

Note the plastic MU-2 with screws!

Also note the loose headlight clamp floating above the rear of the front truck. It should be screwed in place in the nose, but there is no evidence that I can see that this was ever done. Maybe this model was assembled on a Monday morning or a Friday evening?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 818  ~  Member Since: December 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - January 19 2019 :  11:53:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Honestly I think this looks really good.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Srenchin
Big Boy

CNRedAvatar

Posted - January 19 2019 :  12:41:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Srenchin to Buddylist
Another thing I noticed about this model is that all insulated plastic wheels are cracked...

I think the delrin plastic wheels must have shrunk around the axle to the point that the stress caused them to fracture.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 818  ~  Member Since: December 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 19 2019 :  9:06:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Interesting find, Srenchin! You know what...I think I remember seeing this loco on Ebay....and ignored it. Glad to see it went to great home. Honestly, I think this "Tyco variant" is probably one of a kind!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 19 2019 :  9:13:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
As a follow-up....

Discovered this on Ebay tonight. This appears to be an auction containing a Tyco variant of the "Blue Bonnet" scheme including a yellow trim and numbers near the nose. Interesting, and I've seen several of these before on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyco-Santa-Fe-F7-A/283344128785?hash=item41f8a04b11:g:LhEAAOSwvERcQjG9:rk:85:pf:0

Photo credit to Ebay Seller

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 20 2019 :  12:31:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
As a follow-up....

Discovered this on Ebay tonight. This appears to be an auction containing a Tyco variant of the "Blue Bonnet" scheme including a yellow trim and numbers near the nose. Interesting, and I've seen several of these before on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyco-Santa-Fe-F7-A/283344128785?hash=item41f8a04b11:g:LhEAAOSwvERcQjG9:rk:85:pf:0

Originally posted by RP model railroads - January 19 2019 :  9:13:25 PM

I have 2 of these & a B unit that is POWERED!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 21 2019 :  05:29:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
TYCO Made In Austria. The wonders never cease. Just when you think
you've seen it all, another one pops out of the wood work!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 25 2022 :  6:01:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
quote:
As a follow-up....

Originally posted by RP model railroads - January 19 2019 :  9:13:25 PM

Overdue reply: That ATSF livery is known as "Cigar Band"

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Catalog number for Pennsylvannia C430 Topic Next Topic: Tyco Shorty GG1  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000