Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 Athearn Big Boy 4-8-8-4
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: HO-Scale E-R Sharks returning to Bachmann? Topic Next Topic: See Bachmann''s new DCC GS-4  

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - September 08 2006 :  10:54:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Hey,

Got to see the Athearn HO-scale Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy in action this afternoon. Really great offering from Athearn. Now if I could justify spending the $400 and stripping off the UP markings and making it CHATTANOOGA! [:D]

If you get a chance to get out to your local hobby shop and they have one, it is worth viewing just to see the big impressive glossy blue and gold box they come in.

I was there picking up a couple Model Power Minis 1969 Olds 442s and a new Atlas Illinois Central Gulf extended vision caboose.

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator 

jlong
Big Six

Posted - September 23 2006 :  7:02:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jlong to Buddylist
I plan on painting mine silver and putting "Silver Streak" decals on it.
John Long
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 288  ~  Member Since: September 04 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MagnoliaAcademy
Hudson

Posted - September 23 2006 :  10:56:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add MagnoliaAcademy to Buddylist
Gentlemen:
Might I suggest yet another decorating scheme? Apply the silver paint to the 4-8-8-4 per John's recommendation, but affix several collapsible radar antennae to the boiler, cement a blue plastic robot to the pilot and make the centipede tender convert into a hovercraft while the bulk of the engine transmogrifies into a guided missile launch facility:
Big Boy--the Transformer.
MagAc
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 446  ~  Member Since: December 09 2005  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2006 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 27 2021 :  10:03:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Internet videos.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: HO-Scale E-R Sharks returning to Bachmann? Topic Next Topic: See Bachmann''s new DCC GS-4  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000