Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 HO-Scale E-R Sharks returning to Bachmann?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Atlas Trainman RS-32/36 HO-Scale Coming Topic Next Topic: Athearn Big Boy 4-8-8-4  

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - February 05 2007 :  08:28:32 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
When E-R Models bought the farm a few years back, Bachmann quickly added the N-scale RF-16 Sharks to its line...but the HO-scale examples didn't follow. I inquired at the time with Bachmann about the HO Sharks and would they join the B'mann line too....no comment.

Now, the Bach-Man dropped a hint in a post about Sharks over on the Bachmann forum...a person was asking about what might easily re-power the old Model Power Sharks of the '70s...somebody said try the E-R Models Shark if you could locate one...Bach-Man steps in the discussion and states the following concerning the E-R Sharks...

Dear All,
The ER Sharks are N Scale, but be patient for couple of months...
I didn't say Anything!
the Bach-man

Hmmmmm....would be very nice to see those Sharks pop up on the Bachmann line.

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator 

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - February 13 2007 :  4:24:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
I have never seen an E-R Models RF-16. But I am finishing off a set of the old Model Power units. Now, just as I'm about to finish my locos, both Bachmann and IHC decide to come out with them. Such is life I suppose. By the way, Model Power is selling off their stock of RF-16 and FA-1/2s dummies for $2-3.00 each. That is where I got mine. Even with shipping my 2 A-B-A sets cost less then a single dummy unit on ebay.
Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - February 13 2007 :  4:46:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Wow! Thanks for that tip! I just ordered 3 A's and 2 B's... as you said, even with shipping this is a heck of a deal, better than what I found at Louisville show even. Their web site stinks though.

Power might be an issue, but I'd like to paint up a custom Shark one day.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - February 13 2007 :  5:01:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
GIC,
Good luck on powering them! I got lucky and someone gave me a powered chassie sans motor. Until my MP dummies arrived, I had no clue what the chassie went to. But the dummies come with a head light and metal wheels. Too bad there isn't a better selection of road names. But I guess that is what my paint stripper and tooth brush are for.
Mike

And yes, I agree that the Model Power site sucks!! I'd like to see what they have in non-metal train line stuff.

Edited by - Hypoponera on February 13 2007 5:03:38 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - February 13 2007 :  11:52:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Hi,

In my collection, (and I believe in my group of pic's, here) I have a custom painted CN shark in it's green/yellow/black livery colours... it's a dummy, but it still looks cool. I'd like to get my hands on a power chassi, myself.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 27 2021 :  10:14:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Internet videos.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Atlas Trainman RS-32/36 HO-Scale Coming Topic Next Topic: Athearn Big Boy 4-8-8-4  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000