Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Bachmann Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Question for Bachmann Experts: Vintage Train Set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bachmann E60: ATSF Juice Jack  in El Paso Topic Next Topic: Bachmann FT locomotive - NEWER DC version Q''s?  

ShockControl
Switcher

Posted - May 06 2018 :  3:18:42 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ShockControl to Buddylist
I set up an elaborate winter layout around the tree every December. (I have posted pix in the layout sub-forum.) Anyway, it has become a tradition among my friends to see the layout each holiday season and see how it has progressed from the previous year.

One of my friends is in the process of cleaning out her Mom's place, and she generously gifted me a Bachmann train set that her family used to set up at the holidays. It is in pristine condition.

The base is a sturdy yellow plastic molded to fit the cars. It is covered by clear piece of plastic that is connected by hinges at either side of the top.

Does anyone have any details on this set? The engine is a Burlington Northern F9. I believe Burlington Northern began in 1970, so I don't think the set can predate 1970. Anyone know when it may have been in production? I am guessing early 1970s. I went to HO Seeker, but they don't have much info on Bachmann train sets.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by - ShockControl on May 06 2018 3:38:49 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 71  ~  Member Since: June 21 2015  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2022 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 08 2018 :  12:46:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Unfortunately, I don't have any info on your trains. I have an N gauge Bachmann set in a hard plastic see-through case, though, didn't know they did them in HO as well like that. Must have been early 70's, when they were willing to spend some money on packaging. I too would like a bit of history on those sets, and when they stopped using the nice plastic cases.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Heihachi_73
Switcher

Posted - May 09 2018 :  03:13:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Heihachi_73 to Buddylist
Definitely 70s, in the 80s the Bachmann boxes became white and they brought out those flimsy paper-thin plastic box molds which disintegrate if you even look at them.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 89  ~  Member Since: April 29 2016  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 09 2018 :  06:50:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Was there a three dome tank ar with the set? I see the slot it would of gone in.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ShockControl
Switcher

Posted - May 11 2018 :  11:08:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ShockControl to Buddylist
quote:
Was there a three dome tank ar with the set? I see the slot it would of gone in.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - May 09 2018 :  06:50:19 AM

I suspect that they had a few variations on this set, at different price points. That must be why includes copy cut out to fit in the tank car slot.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 71  ~  Member Since: June 21 2015  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - May 11 2018 :  5:46:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
Check http://tycotrain.tripod.com/bachmannhoscaletrainsets/id55.html
Bottom picture.

Edited by - Retired Alex on May 11 2018 5:47:42 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Bachmann E60: ATSF Juice Jack  in El Paso Topic Next Topic: Bachmann FT locomotive - NEWER DC version Q''s?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000