Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 Playing with rocks . . .
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic: Snow Scene for Tracks & Streets?  

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - March 03 2018 :  7:39:07 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Had this notion for a while to build a tunnel of rock. Given you find the right rocks, I believe they could "key" together in such a way as to not only be structurally safe, but also maybe realistic. This trial at it seems be structurally sound (hope I don't inadvertently slam into the table), but the pictures show me it is a good ways from not looking pretentious.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 03 2018 :  9:41:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
real cool
I wanna do this with some Pyrite hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - March 03 2018 :  11:25:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
I really enjoy your style Barry. Looks COOL!

Mark
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - March 04 2018 :  09:49:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
Plant life blends things together. I think a few bushes in the cracks would make it look more like the shoulder of a ridge and less like a pile.

Its corner location kind of implies that there's more mountain behind the scenes so it doesn't resemble those styrofoam tunnels where a tiny hill with a tunnel through it straddles the tracks for no reason.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2352  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - March 04 2018 :  09:50:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
real cool
I wanna do this with some Pyrite hehe

Originally posted by microbusss - March 03 2018 :  9:41:44 PM

Wait until April Fools-gold Day.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2352  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 04 2018 :  10:11:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Superb craftsmanship, Barry! Reminds me of my rock wall...except I used hot glue, while you found rocks which "locked" together naturally - well done!!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 17 2024 :  12:34:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

A good idea for a beginner's layout. The rocks look realistic with various trees.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5778  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
   Topic Next Topic: Snow Scene for Tracks & Streets?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000