Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 a repeat with a addition request for help
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: FM C-LINER Drive Identification Topic Next Topic: My search for the elusive Bubble Yum car  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 13 2017 :  09:22:44 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Maybe someone has seen info on these 2 teakettle locomotives I will post them with the Silvine Teakettle B&O #25. You have seen another one already B&O #62 posted by catfordken. Now there is a third teakettle loco. This one is NEW HAVEN #60. All are 0-4-0t types, #25 is a side tanker and #62 and #60 are saddle-tankers. All three have different bodies and use an identical drive. The 2 saddle-tankers are all suspected to be made by New One. No real catalog or Magazine add has yet to be found to say who really made or distributed them. So there is where help is needed.
frank

B&O #62 is in the middle with New Haven #60 being to the right and closest.

B&O 25 is on top. B&O 62 and NH 60 side by side below.

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on November 13 2017 10:10:04 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - November 13 2017 :  11:46:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
That B&O is also made by Aristocraft/New One as are the other two. They are the only ones
that I have run across that use that type of piston rod and guide. The decals are a dead
give-a-way as well.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - November 13 2017 :  11:51:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Wow they keep multiplying! I love this mystery. It seems obvious that they were made by New One but I think it is unusual that neither Aristocraft or Silvine ever cataloged them or had ads for them.

- Thomas
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - November 13 2017 :  2:44:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
I vaguely recall that New One locomotives were imported by AHM at one point as well...
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

time warp
Little Six

AHMLogoAvatar

Posted - November 13 2017 :  2:58:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add time warp to Buddylist
AHM did import a couple New One models somewhere around '59, but then they were known as Associated Hobby Models, later changed to Associated Hobby Manufacturers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 158  ~  Member Since: June 21 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 13 2017 :  5:21:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
It isn't often that a 0-4-0 could be considered one of the best locos or your railroad but either B&O 62 or NH60 fit.
They both are very special to me. Also has anyone, anywhere, ever see a B&O 62 or NH 60 cast metal teakettle before?
Thanks, alot Kenny.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on November 13 2017 5:51:12 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - November 14 2017 :  12:42:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Life Like did as well probably Varney
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: FM C-LINER Drive Identification Topic Next Topic: My search for the elusive Bubble Yum car  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000