Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 Replacement Gravel for US-1
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: US-1 sets in Europe Topic Next Topic: Building Kits  

jamesday@btinternet.com
Switcher

Posted - October 26 2017 :  11:05:57 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add jamesday@btinternet.com to Buddylist
Tyco US-1 often seems to be missing the original loads - I have cut lengths of plastic pipe and wooden dowel, I then satined the wood with tea or coffee, but the load that is nearly always missing when you buy secondhand US-1 is the plastic gravel.

Is is hardly ever there! The sets I bought yesterday had all of the crates, most of the barrells and the logs, but no gravel.....

Ages ago I was looking for something small and grey that looked roughly right and was a similar size. So I walked along the isles of my local supermarket, looking at the beans and pulses, trying to find something suitable. And then I did - they were small and greyish - Mung Beans! I bought some and testing has proved that they do the job. The will go through the hopper on the grey loader and the trailer.

Take a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mung_bean

If anyone has found anything better, please let us all know!

James

Edited by - jamesday@btinternet.com on October 26 2017 11:09:20 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 48  ~  Member Since: September 19 2014  ~  Last Visit: December 03 2017 Alert Moderator 
  Previous Topic: US-1 sets in Europe Topic Next Topic: Building Kits  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000