Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 34 ]  [ Total: 34 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 Hobbytown of Boston RSD-4/5
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW August 13 - Sept 2 Topic Next Topic: LOTW August 13 - August 19  

Richard
Switcher

Posted - August 25 2017 :  3:49:01 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see Richard's MSN Messenger address  Add Richard to Buddylist

Here's my offering this week. It was basically just a pile of junk that I picked up on the bay and it has taken me a couple of months to get it this far to the point where it is running well with the help of the new Hobbytown of Boston guy, Nick. He has been a great help in restoring this loco and as you can see I'm far from being done with it as it stands. It needs painting, couplers and railings. I would also like to add all wheel pick-up at some point in the future. Richard in Vermont (how do I get the photo into my post?)

Edited by - Richard on August 26 2017 11:21:57 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 42  ~  Member Since: October 31 2010  ~  Last Visit: February 05 2019 Alert Moderator 

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - August 25 2017 :  6:25:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Nice work! It is so rewarding to get an old locomotive running again, especially a quality locomotive like Hobbytown.

I've heard that Hobbytowns can really pull a lot of cars, is that true?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - August 25 2017 :  6:30:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Oh by the way, when you create a post click the camera icon to attach a picture. It's real subtle, it took me a while to figure this out.

And make sure the picture is not too big or the uploader will time out.

Edited by - Redwoods on August 25 2017 6:32:02 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 25 2017 :  6:36:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/U0fZF0I.jpg Here's my offering this week. It was basically just a pile of junk that I picked up on the bay and it has taken me a couple of months to get it this far to the point where it is running well with the help of the new Hobbytown of Boston guy, Nick. He has been a great help in restoring this loco and as you can see I'm far from being done with it as it stands. It needs painting, couplers and railings. I would also like to add all wheel pick-up at some point in the future. Richard in Vermont (how do I get the photo into my post?)

Originally posted by Richard - August 25 2017 :  3:49:01 PM

Good work on restoring an old locomotive to operation! Hope the rest of the restoration process goes well for you.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 25 2017 :  6:55:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Here is my LOTW offering for this week- Enjoy. :)

This was one of the first couple locomotives which operated on my HO-Scale layout. It is Southern RR GP-38 #5056, made by LifeLike.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - August 25 2017 :  7:55:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
I kinda wanna paint one of those up as an ex-NS unit, one of the ones that went to LTEX. There's probably big exterior differences between the GP38s and the GP38-2s tho
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 26 2017 :  11:35:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is a killer piece, Richard. I'd not change the "weathering," myself.
Then again, Vermont Central would be nice...

Like your Geep, RP.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11197  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW August 13 - Sept 2 Topic Next Topic: LOTW August 13 - August 19  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000