Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Mantua Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 My New (old) Mantua Yard Goat (Plus Blog Post!)
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Surprise General 4-4-0 Topic Next Topic: Mantua Mogul . . . old style . . .  

trainguru
Switcher

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - June 22 2017 :  01:25:20 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add trainguru to Buddylist

So Last November, I purchased my first Brass Locomotives. This Mantua "Yard Goat" from the Postwar Era, is really special, because I'm following in the footsteps of the early Model Railroaders, and how they got their start.

However, I'm looking for a headlamp, a whistle, and an air reservoir tank, as well as maybe railing pieces for the front end and a front coupler for the locomotive. It has a dummy coupler on the tender. It's really a nice historic piece, and I'd like for it to look nice again, sorting out the yard on my model railroad. Mechanical wise, it's solid- with a cleaning only being necessary. Anybody who knows how to get these parts (and avoiding eVIL-bay while doing it), I'd be most grateful for the help.

Thank you.

- Nikolaus Bautista (trainguru)

P.S.: Here's my new model railroading blog, and specifically, the post about the Yard Goat! Take a Look: http://nikosmodelrailroadroundhouse.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-new-old-mantua-yard-goat-heres-to.html
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 16  ~  Member Since: July 05 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 27 2022 Alert Moderator 

trainguru
Switcher

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - June 22 2017 :  12:30:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add trainguru to Buddylist
Well, can anybody provide me a lead on the parts I seek?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 16  ~  Member Since: July 05 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 27 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - June 22 2017 :  12:58:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Hi Nik, Give me an address and I'll mail you an air tank (you can PM meJ. I don't have a headlight or whistle. I like your plans to just clean it up and get it working. Lots of history there.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - June 22 2017 :  7:07:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
PM me with your address and contact info.I have several of these to scab parts from.
Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 22 2017 :  7:30:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** There are a lot of nice people here. Even a few silly one also. Good luck with your 0-4-0 camelback. You may have never read this but Mantua metal products of the 40 and after were re-detailed to give each one a little different look of their own.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on June 22 2017 7:48:39 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 24 2017 :  11:22:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Enjoyed your blog, Nick. I don't do social medial, so I cannot comment
therein, but I look forward to seeing more of this most interesting
endeavor from this unique piece from the dawn of HO.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

trainguru
Switcher

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - June 24 2017 :  7:01:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add trainguru to Buddylist
To all who have taken an interest in this project, thank you. I'll keep you all updated here, as soon as progress is made.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 16  ~  Member Since: July 05 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 27 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Surprise General 4-4-0 Topic Next Topic: Mantua Mogul . . . old style . . .  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000