Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 KB Made Me Do It!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Snap Switch Tuning Tips Topic Next Topic: Landon''s Trains  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 28 2017 :  12:28:34 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well, not really, but seeing his cool layout construction pics made me want to do something new.
Anyways, I've never had any luck with trying to diagram out anything, and have no knowledge
regarding CAD, I rather like noodling around with track and organically growing a track plan
with spare pieces. Kind of a right brain sort of process. Anyhows, I arrived at this scheme
that is an overlapping loop with one passing siding and one spur. Just because I like diamonds,
I threw an extra diamond in there to reach the spur. Since I couldn't find a proper angle in my
spare track box, I found this Hornby OO diamond. I think it will work fine...

All the turn outs are now moved closer to one side, along with the operating a
accessories, which will make it a lot easier to operate. The diamonds are also close
at hand should some go awry, there. Also, it opens up a little more real estate to
put weird Tyco things in there- high on my list is a gold mine and the Twin Peaks
that Micro showed off a few months ago (had to have one, at any cost).
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator 

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - April 28 2017 :  07:01:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Regarding the OO crossing, it should work 100% fine. OO and HO are the same gauge, OO just has bigger locomotives because when it came about, if you scaled a British locomotive down to HO, the motors of the time couldn't fit.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - April 28 2017 :  10:24:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

Anyways, I've never had any luck with trying to diagram out anything, and have no knowledge
regarding CAD, I rather like noodling around with track and organically growing a track plan
with spare pieces. Kind of a right brain sort of process.

originally posted by Chops124 - April 28 2017 :  12:28:34 AM

I'm the same way, I'll lay it out and move it around 'til the pieces fit. :D I may draw it out, hand-written crudely, to get a simple plan on paper, but since I don't envision a complex layout in my (near) future, I'm happy just to tinker with track and joiners for now. I do have some plans for my Eldon tight radius track for some urban trackage. Or streetcar use. We'll see. I like what you did there.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 29 2017 :  11:05:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I ended up with one crossing, making for a nifty overlapping loop.
Still working on making it fit. Pleasant way to pass the time. Hopefully
it works.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Snap Switch Tuning Tips Topic Next Topic: Landon''s Trains  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000