Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW April 2 - 8, 2017
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW - April 9th-April 15th, 2017 Topic Next Topic: LOTW March 26/17 - April 1/17  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 02 2017 :  10:37:27 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Bring out your Canadian. This old Bachmann UBoat has turned quite a
few scale miles dragging my stuff around. Here she is last week
putting in more revenue miles.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11195  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator 

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - April 02 2017 :  11:09:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Is it a Bachmann? Has the correct trucks, sure she isn't an IHC 628?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 03 2017 :  10:14:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
You're good, Dan. I had it in my head it was Bachmann, but when I
went to recheck the maker's stamp, it says "Made in Yugoslavia."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11195  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - April 03 2017 :  12:04:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
My LOTW... a nicely custom detailed and painted 4-4-0 Union Pacific # 119 Mantua General:

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - April 03 2017 :  1:37:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
My LOTW is this Franklin Mint Southern Crescent Limited 4-6-2. It's in pretty rough shape but I'm not complaining as I only paid $15 for it. It's really heavy, all metal. The only thing missing is the pilot truck.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - April 03 2017 :  2:46:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
quote:
You're good, Dan. I had it in my head it was Bachmann, but when I
went to recheck the maker's stamp, it says "Made in Yugoslavia."

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 03 2017 :  10:14:24 AM

I'm a self-professed Alco-haulic. I can smell an Alco from 5 miles away :P

Gorgeous engine regardless.

Love the steamers guys. That FM loco looks like a beast.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 04 2017 :  06:52:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Sean do you recognize the bell and Headlamp on this Bell of the eighties I am redoing now. Kemtron just like your General. The stack is Kemtron also and was cast solid brass. It was quite a job to drill out the center so i could screw it in. The cab is scratch built and not complete yet. The tender is a brass one for a Gem Reading 2-8-0 camelback. I'll sit down and get some more done soon.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - April 04 2017 :  09:20:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Very nice Frank! LOVE it!
Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - April 05 2017 :  12:20:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Aww, you're the one that won Sean lol. Nice engines this week.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 05 2017 :  07:20:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* A giant OPPS has happened here at the Frankford locomotive erection shops. I had completed the cab with its removable roof. I went and spray painted it. The plastic I used, for the curved roof, was a little thicker but I was able to keep pressure on it till the glue cured and held it together. Thinking all was ok after a couple of days getting strong and hard I spray painted it the olive green as old locos were painted by Baldwin and Rogers. The Paint attacked the glue and the plastic straightened out, tearing its self apart.
* Well here is my cab without a roof. Got to do it again with thiner plastic.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - April 05 2017 :  11:11:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by toptrain - April 05 2017 :  07:20:24 AM

Is there a prototype you are modeling this after Frank? Can you post a picture if it?

Sean

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - April 06 2017 :  11:18:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
This week I have my IMP Baldwin 1876 brass 4-4-0 that I've been working on. It is a nice
runner, but there is still some fine tuning to be done. IMP also made an Old Timer loco that
was the exact same as this with one difference, they used bentendorf trucks on the tender.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 06 2017 :  11:45:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by toptrain - April 05 2017 :  07:20:24 AM

Is there a prototype you are modeling this after Frank? Can you post a picture if it?

Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - April 05 2017 :  11:11:38 AM

SEAN;
I didn't see a 4-4-0 with a large cab like this. The cab I seen was shorter front to back with the windows the same size and almost together. Actualy the same size as the Mantua cab. Little by little as I was cutting the parts out this cab appeared. I didn't know how dumb a small window would be till I placed a engineer into it. Now my engineer has to sit in the middle window. The large cab became necessary when I made the cover to fit over the motor. I wanted some space between the backhead and the cab wall. So the cab became larger. I got to make another roof and I haven't started yet. I wont start til Tuesday. Very busy getting ready to go to Timonum for Saturday.
* Have a good weekend SEAN.
Frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 06 2017 12:03:44 PM

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - April 06 2017 :  1:42:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Diggin' all the steam. Frank, I like watching your builds. I like the way you used that Tyco firebox inside the cab. I've thought about trying something like that and continue to wonder how the heat would affect performance. That is a fine General Sean. And that brass looks nice and clean George.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - April 07 2017 :  09:32:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
[quote
SEAN;
I didn't see a 4-4-0 with a large cab like this. The cab I seen was shorter front to back with the windows the same size and almost together. Actualy the same size as the Mantua cab. Little by little as I was cutting the parts out this cab appeared. I didn't know how dumb a small window would be till I placed a engineer into it. Now my engineer has to sit in the middle window. The large cab became necessary when I made the cover to fit over the motor. I wanted some space between the backhead and the cab wall. So the cab became larger. I got to make another roof and I haven't started yet. I wont start til Tuesday. Very busy getting ready to go to Timonum for Saturday.
* Have a good weekend SEAN.
Frank

Originally posted by toptrain - April 06 2017 :  11:45:58 AM

[/quote]

Very cool Frank!

Sean

Previous Topic: LOTW - April 9th-April 15th, 2017 Topic Next Topic: LOTW March 26/17 - April 1/17  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000