Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 23 ]  [ Total: 23 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 AHM/Rivarossi Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 AHM SW1
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Double and single lead worms? Topic Next Topic: Canadian Pacific Heavy weight passenger car set,  

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - March 04 2017 :  5:59:24 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Picked this AHM SW1 up at the train show for about $10. Runs really well, and has received a custom paint job for the Florida East Coast. All it needs now are some knuckle couplers.

Here's a short video I took of it coupling up to and pulling away an Athearn Peabody Thrall gondola. I apologize for the shaky cam, I had no tripod or anything similar to mount my phone on.

sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily

Edited by - Pokemonprime on March 04 2017 6:02:52 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator 

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - March 27 2017 :  01:20:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Nice looking little engine. I've wanted to get one for awhile.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

chevelle454
Big Six

SFChiefAvatar

Posted - March 27 2017 :  08:43:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add chevelle454 to Buddylist
I had a walthers sw1, how does the ahm sw1 compare?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: June 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: August 02 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - March 27 2017 :  3:30:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
The Walthers one is probably far better, in both drive and details. I know my Walthers H10-44 (it's that black engine peeking just into frame) can crawl like nothing else,and is quite nicely detailed. I know many people completely discount the AHM SW1, saying it's oversized and under detailed, but I like mine.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 27 2017 :  4:13:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nifty piece, Pokemon.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Double and single lead worms? Topic Next Topic: Canadian Pacific Heavy weight passenger car set,  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000