Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW Jan. 29 to Feb. 04, 2017
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW Feb. 04 to Feb. 11, 2017 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Jan. 22 to Jan. 28, 2017  

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - January 30 2017 :  5:19:24 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
I will start off this week's thread with one of my cadillacs. This one is a dummy athearn bluebox model that was detailed out by the previous owner.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator 

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - January 30 2017 :  6:01:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
I think your loco has a nosebleed there, Ray ;)

Kidding aside, that's a nicely-detailed model. Is the lamp powered?

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - January 30 2017 :  6:51:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Nice model Ray! One can never have too many cadillacs.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - January 30 2017 :  8:09:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
The more I look at them the more I like those cadillacs.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 31 2017 :  08:58:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a 0-8-0 steamer of the Pennsylvania railroad. C1 class. Was sold by Model Power. Made in Brazil.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - January 31 2017 :  3:12:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
I think your loco has a nosebleed there, Ray ;)

Kidding aside, that's a nicely-detailed model. Is the lamp powered?

Originally posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman - January 30 2017 :  6:01:52 PM

Thanks Z.

It's not powered but I am thinking of powering the Loco and adding some lighting to it.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

IslandTrains
Little Six

Posted - January 31 2017 :  7:06:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add IslandTrains to Buddylist
My LOTW is this interesting locomotive by Fleischmann. I just got it and don't know much about it. Can anyone tell me what year this was made and what type of locomotive it is?

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 143  ~  Member Since: March 22 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - January 31 2017 :  11:49:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - February 01 2017 :  09:53:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
My LOTW... Another Mantua / Gilbert-American Flyer FY&P (Fifty Years of Progress) 4-4-0 General Steam Locomotive...

Just need to find some cars for the fleet of locomotives.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - February 02 2017 :  09:01:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
I will start off this week's thread with one of my cadillacs. This one is a dummy athearn bluebox model that was detailed out by the previous owner.

Originally posted by raysouthernpac - January 30 2017 :  5:19:24 PM

I really love the detail job done on that locomotive Ray! Good score!

Any plans to power it?

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 02 2017 :  4:28:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
My LOTW is this interesting locomotive by Fleischmann. I just got it and don't know much about it. Can anyone tell me what year this was made and what type of locomotive it is?

Originally posted by IslandTrains - January 31 2017 :  7:06:19 PM

50's-60's. Definitely.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - February 03 2017 :  8:20:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
I finally have another Bluetooth locomotive on my HO train layout!

An Athearn ready-to-run DCC-ready Amtrak P40 "Genesis" diesel in Phase III. Let's just say the dummy plug is a real hassle to pull out without rendering the locomotive as a non-DCC-ready model that requires hardwiring...

But I put my BlueRail Trains Bluetooth decoder into it, and so far it runs really well!

The headlights don't work on this decoder, probably due to the way the locomotive is wired, but it runs really well in forward and reverse, and I'm pleased with that.

Here are my two Bluetooth trains next to each other!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 04 2017 :  10:49:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Lookin' good, Wiley!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 04 2017 :  8:51:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
cool
I needs to borrow a DCC loco to try out the OLD DCC thing I got for free cause it needs to be soldered
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - February 07 2017 :  10:58:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by raysouthernpac - January 30 2017 :  5:19:24 PM

I really love the detail job done on that locomotive Ray! Good score!

Any plans to power it?

Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - February 02 2017 :  09:01:44 AM

Yes i am planning on powering it. I have a F7 B unit that will be donating it's power train to getting this loco running on its own power. Much too nice to not power.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - February 07 2017 :  11:00:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
I finally have another Bluetooth locomotive on my HO train layout!

An Athearn ready-to-run DCC-ready Amtrak P40 "Genesis" diesel in Phase III. Let's just say the dummy plug is a real hassle to pull out without rendering the locomotive as a non-DCC-ready model that requires hardwiring...

But I put my BlueRail Trains Bluetooth decoder into it, and so far it runs really well!

The headlights don't work on this decoder, probably due to the way the locomotive is wired, but it runs really well in forward and reverse, and I'm pleased with that.

Here are my two Bluetooth trains next to each other!

Originally posted by wiley209 - February 03 2017 :  8:20:03 PM

Looks good but why not stick to DCC?

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - February 07 2017 :  7:23:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Well, the BlueTooth route would seem to allow for cordless walkaround
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - February 07 2017 :  9:43:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Right, and another advantage with Bluetooth is that dirty track isn't as much a problem as it is with regular DCC. Sure, it's still getting power from the tracks, but its' control signals come from a wireless signal instead of through the tracks! In fact, one of my favorite methods for cleaning my track is to have my Bluetooth BNSF GP40 pull a Walthers track-cleaning boxcar on the layout, as the Bluetooth signals make it easier for the locomotive to travel over dirtier parts of the layout.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW Feb. 04 to Feb. 11, 2017 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Jan. 22 to Jan. 28, 2017  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000