Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 Scale Trains Kit Classics-The New Blue Box
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bachmann 2017 catalog Topic Next Topic: New versions of some oldies  

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - January 19 2017 :  11:35:27 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
This is not a new product but i thought I would start a thread to review a box car I recently purchased that reminded me of the good ole blue box days.

The manufacturer is scale trians and the line i am reffering to is th Kits classic lines. Now the line is limited as of now and is esentially box cars only but no one can argue with the price.

https://www.scaletrains.com/products/ho-evans-usre-5100-rbl-8-double-plug-door-boxcar-csx-csxt

It is part of their entry line and I have seen them as low as 10 dollars at MB Klein and other online retailers. It requres a small amount if building, similar to the old bluebox kits. The wheels appear to be metal and it comes with some sort of knuckle couplers.

I ordered a car and am excited to build it and see the end result. I will keep you informed of the progress.

In the end, it shows that there are still manufactures willing to offer resonably priced kits. i will psot photos of mine really soon!

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator 

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - January 19 2017 :  1:36:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Looking forward to it Ray. Going by the photos in the link they could run with anything out today.
http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

fourteen
Little Six

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - January 20 2017 :  02:49:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add fourteen to Buddylist
Not even a bad price at $14.00, to bad it looks as if a lot are sold out on there web site.
Modeling on the cheap
Edited by - fourteen on January 20 2017 02:51:24 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 137  ~  Member Since: December 08 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - January 20 2017 :  12:03:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
Not even a bad price at $14.00, to bad it looks as if a lot are sold out on there web site.

Originally posted by fourteen - January 20 2017 :  02:49:46 AM

Yeah it looks as if folks gobbled them all up on Mb Klein as well. They were selling them for 10 bucks which is a steel. I got mine although I haven't opened it up but here is a pic.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Bachmann 2017 catalog Topic Next Topic: New versions of some oldies  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000