Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 Hornby OO trains also all other British trains
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: European HO, and OO trains Topic Next Topic: John English, HObbyline HO Trains.
Page: of 5

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 30 2018 :  12:55:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A bit more the Nessie saga:

https://youtu.be/xX-nrnUun0c

Edited by - Chops124 on December 30 2018 01:00:58 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 31 2018 :  04:59:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A while back, the Busss put me onto this advertisement from British Rail:

https://youtu.be/iN7naLLeB0A

It inspired me to do thus:

https://youtu.be/p9TxD3L6agI
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 10 2019 :  11:57:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A Trix from Catford:

https://youtu.be/iZel38A182E

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 10 2019 :  12:12:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
More of Catford's Trix

"Why We Model Trains"

https://youtu.be/HwpDvwsX2vo

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 12 2019 :  07:03:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Where's Nessie?

https://youtu.be/QGtRyHFJQnU

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 13 2019 :  06:17:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nessie Rail Tours

https://youtu.be/1vNhd8Jj0Rk

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 15 2019 :  11:18:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Lovin' Hornby. The tender drive is remarkably effective and useful.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 24 2019 :  8:30:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A repost of a video I did a while back on the OO Henley Layout.
I find the Loch Ness Monster myth humorous.

https://youtu.be/xX-nrnUun0c

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 05 2019 :  12:28:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
James and I were chatting a bit on what it might take to breath life back
into two of my favorite British diesels, in this case the Playcraft D6100.
Perhaps why I gravitate to this make and model, and British rail is nothing
if not diverse and innovative, is that they remind me strongly of my
childhood living in Shiplake, near Henley-on-the-Thames back in
'66 to '67. I really did come to love that nation whole heartedly,
and wonder what my life would have been had we stayed on there.
Engine driver sipping my tea, comes to mind, one could do a lot worse.

So posted is a video of one of my older D6100's that just woke up
one day and said, "bugger off," and never turned a wheel again no
what matter what curses words and threats I hurled upon it. In this
video the track is in poor shape, for I had barely overhauled the
entire track plan and was in the early testing stages. I will say the
simplified track plan is so much more satisfactory in many ways.

Britain was a remarkable experience, and I find it one of the
most interesting places, hands down, on the globe. Britain has
history that you'll fall over if you're not paying attention: the
Neothlic peoples with the breath taking Stonehenge, The Romans who
left behind Hadrian's Wall, leather shoes, and exquisite villas, The Vikings
who made it their home, then Anglos and the Saxons and the lineage
of Kings and Queens that stretches to the horizon, followed by a
super-human life and death struggle against Fascism in two World Wars,
rebounding with continued innovations of astonish breadth.

Yeah, you might say I like the place.

Here 'tis all you Playcraft afficiando's, I can hardly wait to ship them
off to James to see if new wine can be made in these old skins:

https://youtu.be/tNJHYSz7d6g

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 05 2019 :  12:34:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great video, Chops!! Say, how is "Henley" coming along....any recent acquisitions/updates?

Your layout is awesome!

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 05 2019 :  8:10:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Actually Henley has been under a dust cover for the last six months
while having fun with Armadilloville. I did move the table to a better
position after cleaning the garage, and I do have a number of
structures and projects under the dust cover. I want to put in
some back drops for better video shoots, too.

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - June 05 2019 :  8:31:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Thanks for posting that Chops. Hope to see that loco running again soon!

Loved the Wrenn Southern R1 tank with the balcony coaches. The Tri-ang coches behand the D6100 looked good too!

James
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 11 2019 :  10:52:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Finally turning my attention to my beloved OO layout, "Henley."

1. First a proper dust cover. Previously, a square of painter's drop plastic was
laid directly upon it, which knocked over structures and things large and small.
Dust is a serious issue in El Paso, though we enjoyed a nice, strong
rain, no doubt from the Nebraska storm, and that has settled the dust
for the day.

2. Next, I started moving around the structures so that so many backs of the buildings
were no longer facing the front. I had these neat card stock station walls, and by flipping
them, it makes the station look more cohesive. As many British layouts often feature
passenger trains, well over freight, this sets the tone I am seeking.

3. Backdrops were installed around three edges of the layout, which incorporate
to support the dust cover. A Peco British river scene extends across the rear, and
this gives a nice depth and greatly improves photographic quality. British modellers,
often working in extremely confined spaces, frequently incorporate back scenes to
make for a very nice effect.

4. The right side back board required the Sutton Hoo scene (modeled after a
real British Viking Ship excavation from the late 1920's) forced me to trim back
the scenery on it slightly, and edges will need to be blended, but
this is great as it prevents slopping things over the edges. I used a
combination of sky blue and gray spray paint and the effect is very pleasing,
and was insanely easy to do. None the less, I have some more back scenes on
order to create a bit more continuity in the overall scene.

5. In reconfiguring the village, it was necessary to move the cricket pitch from
the center of the layout to be trackside. This makes the whole thing a little cramped,
but compromises have to be made. "Selective Compression;" we can't do it all. Many
British modellers don't have half this space and create astonishing layouts.

British modellers also use a great deal of cardstock buildings, especially in low relief, to
ease the space problem. I took my low relief card stock buildings, which had the back
ends facing the front, and moved them to the left backboard and built a shallow wall
around them to separate them from the track, a little. The backscene I have on order
will fill out the village scene behind them, later on.

Incidentally, there is a growing number of commercially available cardstock structures
for American prototypes, and they are surprisingly realistic, and less than half the cost
of traditional plastic or wood kits. Far beyond the old 1970's Suydam products, which
really looked toy like. My first attempt with cardstock, they are not perfect. There are an
astonishing number of parts in these cardstock kits.

6. Another compromise, that I am not to thrilled about, is that the pedestrian bridge
lands on the far side of the retaining wall at the passenger platforms. This means that the
passengers will now have to throw their baggage and trunks over the wall and scale it to
get to the platform.

I may have to spit the bridge, which will be tricky, or perhaps create a
vestibule to enter the platform.

7. In the far left corner I want to build a canal. Canals are a big feature in
British landscape, as before steam railroads, everything of bulk was transported
by a huge network of canals that criss crossed the island, connecting cities, villages,
and sea ports. The toll house is a Hornby product, and the canal lock scene is
being constructed from a download that will be printed on paper, in color, and
then mounted onto a
cardstock base.

8. Time to clean the track and run some trains!

Edited by - Chops124 on June 11 2019 10:53:57 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 11 2019 :  4:31:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The Retrun of Henley, please block your ears and hide the children and small dogs...

https://youtu.be/VOcQpAev9As

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 11 2019 :  8:35:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Excellent updates, Chops!! That background scenery looks superb -- Henley is truly turning out awesome!!!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 30 2019 :  11:33:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
My British Locomotive of the Week:

Won it off a UK eBay auction for about $50, shipping was about half that. After
picking out the cat hairs and giving her a lube, this tender driven sweet heart
simply flowed effortlessy through Henley. Always wanted one, ever since I saw
the original in the London Transport Museum back in '66. Record holder for
fastest steam locomotive of all time.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 30 2019 :  11:45:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
My British COTW, I believe it is Tri Ang, honestly can't recall, of a dining car.

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - June 30 2019 :  11:57:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Nice Images!

Yes the Carmine and Cream or 'Blood and Custard' Restaurant car is Tri-ang. One of the 9" series, that was replaced by the scale length 10" series with seperate sides etc.

In my view a train of the shorter coaches looks so much better than a train of the longer ones!

James
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - July 10 2019 :  08:36:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Nice Engines Frank!
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 10 2019 :  6:41:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks Brian, yeah it continues to grow by centimeters, a bit here, a bit there. Lot of fun, OO.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 11 2019 :  09:04:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Nice Engines Frank!

Originally posted by Erich - July 10 2019 :  08:36:13 AM

Thank you Erich, I hope I'm the frank you nicely congratulated. Those 0-6-0t's were interesting but needed work and I scratched them up doing it so they got repainted and joined my PGW roster of locos. I tried to copy the bright color and shining metal days of the late 1800 with all their brass and bright shining colors and decorations. In making one a 4-4-0 I was able to change the details that a different loco class would have, but still keep the looc in the PGW family appearance. That kept right on to the 4-6-2 and 2-8-2 types that I did. As in having a hobby the work was actually fun to do. Now a days with alot of what I do not working out right, a lot of the fun seen to be not their. I keep trying.
I do really hope that you are healthy and happy and all is OK with your family.
CU latter.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 24 2019 :  2:50:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
It seems I have missed a newer procured item. It is a Hornby 0-6-0t named Harry. So now within our photo collection, we have a Harry should because it has the color red may be called " Red Harry". How's that sound? How about "Harry Hornby"?
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 11 2020 8:23:22 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 24 2019 :  5:32:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*puts a Thomas & friends face on it* now its 100X better!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 27 2019 :  09:54:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Beautiful and unique piece, Frank.

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - September 11 2019 :  8:10:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
Here's most of my British collection so far! I have one left that isn't ready to show.

DJH 0-4-4T: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaDbVM7ZnaY&t=682s
DJH 2-8-0+0-8-2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWHbthhwlU
Dapol DP1 Deltic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EEM50Ln-xY

Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 236  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 14 2019 :  3:18:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow!! Is that a Garrat Locomotive? Loved all the pieces, and the
Deltic is most fine. I take it from the vid that you assembled your
own motor and transmission- that takes it to a new level.

Your layout is very different, and fun to look at: simply residential
main streets, brilliant concept! Thanks for posting.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 14 2019 :  9:30:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I'll post my Rivarossi LMS Royal Scot from 1978 here. Got it off of Ebay not too long ago. Absolutely love it. It's everything good about a Rivarossi locomotive (great detail for its time, good quality, etc.) except it's of a beautiful pre-war British locomotive.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on September 14 2019 9:36:34 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 15 2019 :  11:29:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I never knew Rivarossi did British. Beautiful piece!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 26 2019 :  11:52:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hornby 0-4-2

Straight out of the box, it could barely move itself, let alone wagons.
Finally worked up my nerve to remove a drive rod pin, and scraped
off the original traction tires, which seemed like they weren't doing
anything. Applied Goody's Hair Bands, and now she works like she
should.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 27 2019 :  01:40:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
You guys may recognize this piece from the LOTW of last week. An ATT (made by Triang-Hornby) RDC Budd unit from around 1968 (based on the packaging, what I could find about ATT, etc.). This thing runs quite nicely aside from stuttering on some of my switches. When you realize there's only 4 pickups on the whole thing, and they're all on one truck, you can easily understand why.Got this guy with an unpowered version of it together for only $10.I gotta say, too, that the motor noise makes the engine sound oddly like a real diesel locomotive.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 27 2019 :  1:13:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I see those miniature seats in there, and wish I could slide myself
into one! Is that model OO or HO?

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 27 2019 :  9:51:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
I see those miniature seats in there, and wish I could slide myself
into one! Is that model OO or HO?

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 27 2019 :  1:13:40 PM

I think they're H0. I'm not entirely sure, actually, but they do seem smaller than my Proto 1000 RDC Budd unit I have.

-Steve

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 11 2019 :  10:31:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
these 2 links may help you,ken
http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/OONew/ATTLoco.htm
http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/ind3.html

catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around

Edited by - catfordken on November 11 2019 10:33:28 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 23 2020 :  10:08:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
As the days get longer, feel like I am slowly coming out of hibernation.
My compass is strongly pointing towards OO, so will post these as
my British OTW:

A Triang 0-4-0. I really get a kick out of these vintage pieces, and it runs nice, too boot. Love the asymmetrical
purpose driven wheel arrangements.

The British COTW is a Jouef piece, French, but since most North American guys wouldn't know the difference,
what with the buffers and all, it can be anything. In this case, the observation coach will be a Nessie Touring
Coach, for those hoping to glimpse the famous monster. The passengers are 1/100 and, to my relief, the
slap dash painting of them in garish oranges and pinks makes them more visible, but not overwhelming.

My British AOTW is this line side fencing. Unlike American roads, British law made it the responsibility of
rail companies to keep the livestock off the track. Hence, British locomotives won't have cow catchers, but
the tens of thousands of miles of track were bounded by fences. So this is going to be a cool addition to
"Henley."

British BOTW is this canal toll house. Britain is criss crossed with canals, that predated the rail industry, and
these canals had toll houses. I am not real happy with how this edition is turning out, and will probably
scrape it all out and start over again. At first I tried to use a British paper model, which are quite popular,
and while it is rather nice, it is not easy to work with and has similar detail to that of a craftsman kit,
requiring a lot of scratch building details, something I've never been good at.

I am having trouble with the dimensions, and have very little acreage to work with, so this has been a challenge.

Edited by - Chops124 on February 23 2020 10:31:47 PM

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 23 2020 :  10:44:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
My British AOTW is this line side fencing. Unlike American roads, British law made it the responsibility of rail companies to keep the livestock off the track. Hence, British locomotives won't have cow catchers, but the tens of thousands of miles of track were bounded by fences.
Originally posted by Chops124 - February 23 2020 :  10:08:59 PM

Because we all know that livestock is never on the wrong side of the fence...

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 24 2020 :  02:17:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Took a set of five of these coaches and planted 100 or so passengers inside, so now my coaches
finally have some revenue stream. These figurines are the cheap ones on eBay that are sort of
dipped in paint, are 1/100, and look terrible, but for this sort of scenic back scening they look
pretty decent- at least better than those Tyco silhouettes!

Also pulled out the Toll House and moved it to another corner and straightened out the canal-
I'm feeling it- think the new location is going to work better. Also gluing down another back scene
for the end panel. Basically, enjoying myself. Winter has not let go, it's blowing like a typhoon
outside, but fortunately the ground cover is still damp from a little rain that came with it, so we
are not inundated with dust.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 24 2020 :  1:54:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I know USA did the fencing soon after the invention of barbed wire
& yet loco builders still added cowcatchers out of tradition

if you watch the evolution of NA steam trains you will notice the cowcatcher shrinks with every loco built
it just became a DECORATION after 1900
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 25 2020 :  12:59:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
these 2 links may help you,ken
http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/OONew/ATTLoco.htm
http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/ind3.html

Originally posted by catfordken - November 11 2019 :  10:31:30 AM

Those links are really good sources. I've already used it a few times, but thank you very much for posting links to them here.I think it's great as a general resource for those interested in Triang locos.

-Steve

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 25 2020 :  06:13:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks for the repost, Kovacste. I've long been intrigued by TT as the
size makes it ideal, in mind, to build something big in a small space,
but without the miniscule nature of N. I wonder why this stuff never
caught on? Looks like Triang put a lot of R&D into an outline- it must
have cost them their collective shirt to see it fail, as it did.

Now with T scale, it appears to be like a novelty item as it is so
tiny, but it seems to have its adherents. Hats off to them.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 25 2020 :  11:30:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My Triang ATT RDC fleet has grown to 6 Powered, and 2 dummy units. 6 are C&O with 3 powered and 3 dummy units, and 2 are Reading powered units.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 25 2020 11:32:55 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 26 2020 :  03:16:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I found myself in a bidding war on a double ended
Triangle electric. Hooboy, here we go again.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 26 2020 :  3:34:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Update on my ATT RDC units. I recently lubricated the gears on the old bugger, and now it runs much better. It barely even stutters on switches anymore. Great little loco! I can definitely see why Triang is so beloved in the UK.
-Steve

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 03 2020 :  3:16:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Glad to hear those Budds are doing well. Love that Triang.

This here is an old Triang piece. I fired her up today and it gave me much pleasure
watching her smoothly do the laps on "Henley."

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 03 2020 :  3:19:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
My British SOTW. Had the lovely 4-4-0 pull this two car consist of Southern coaches,
I think they are Southern, of UK extraction. Splendid to enjoy. The bit of disarray in the
foreground is the site where I am installing a new canal and lock.

Edited by - Chops124 on March 03 2020 3:20:44 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 05 2020 :  3:02:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Not this train.

Restaurant coach.

Limited to Paddington takes on passengers.

Running for the train.

"Henley."

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 10 2020 :  12:06:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
British SOTW for March 9th 2020

Picked up this pair of Triang Coaches that went with a "Lord of the Isles" set, back in the day.
I have the Lord of the Isles, and was pleased to complete the set.

Edited by - Chops124 on March 10 2020 12:08:04 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 05 2020 :  4:26:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/dHXXKasi1ZM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 05 2020 :  10:03:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice video, Chops! Really showcases the meaning of your layout - modeling British Railroading and famous historical sites in Britain. I've got to say, my favorite site on your layout is Sutton Hoo; you did an awesome job modeling that in HO/OO.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 06 2020 :  01:53:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, RP. I have a lot of sentiment having lived in
England as a child. It afforded me many experiences.
Lately, I have taken a fascination with Romano-British
history. Four hundred years Rome was in control, but
underneath it all the native Brits appeared to have
maintained a degree of ethnic sovereignty .

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 29 2020 :  01:01:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

New edition to the fleet. This much I know, it is an electric, it is very light, Hornby, and probably dates
to around 1970's. I paid a pretty pence for this used model, I hope it works. I do not require more door
stops.
Page: of 5 Previous Topic: European HO, and OO trains Topic Next Topic: John English, HObbyline HO Trains.  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000