Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 33 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 John English, HObbyline HO Trains.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line
Page: of 6

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 17 2013 :  7:09:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
EDIT 9-17-21 BACK IN A FEW LOCATIONS.

John English and HObbyline were the same company. John English sold die cast diesel, steam locomotives and Passenger cars. HObbyline, plastic body, steam and diesel locomotives, freight and passenger cars. HObbyline sold many train sets. Present information places the number of different sets at 28 sets, with one of these set known to exist but not seen in this present time period. Mostly freight and a few passenger sets. If someone knows about it the Lloyds freight set #2, please tell us all about it. I have some of these trains and can assemble most all but one from what I have, and will post them here.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on September 20 2021 08:54:18 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 17 2013 :  7:42:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hobbyline sold a 0-4-0 saddel tank locomotive. It was sold in a plastic kit form as a plastic model. It was also sold as a kit with a die cast frame, and powered, able to run and pull trains. This locomotive powered a few different train set offered by HObbyline.
* A possiable kitbash of 2 of these kit into a 0-4-4-0t, 2-4-4-0t, or 2-4-4-2t locomotive.
frank

first the all plastic model version.

second the powered one that was sold as a kit, ready to run, and in sets.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 04 2014 08:53:46 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 17 2013 :  7:49:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Also made by this company is a PRR A 0-4-0 A5 class locomotive. This was produced in a John English die cast loco, a all plastic model, and HObbyline plastic powered version. It was also released in trainsets.
The John English version was named the *YARD BIRD".
frank
John English, "YARD BIRD".

lower #501 has centeral valley, valve gear.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 04 2014 08:54:45 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 17 2013 :  9:32:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Well I learned something today
Neat locos too
Gimmie the UP loco!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - April 18 2013 :  09:30:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Here is one of mine Frank!

I really like those little locos!

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 18 2013 :  09:52:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my 2 john english locos not sure where these came fromken

Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - April 18 2013 :  10:45:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Nice examples Ken! I have at least one JE Mikado of my own, possibly 2. I think I may also have one Pacific as well.
Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 18 2013 :  12:41:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Kenny, Sean, Great additions. By the why Ken. Where'd did you get them. They look soooooo familiar. Sean, You got a good A5 there.
frank
Another A5.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 17 2013 09:51:03 AM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 18 2013 :  5:49:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
another ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 18 2013 :  6:44:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I think I remember that one ...
Oh well here is a HObbyline PRR A5 the powered plastic version.

toptrain

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 19 2013 :  09:44:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
frank all three of mine came from you,i just made one into the dm&ir ken

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - April 19 2013 :  11:36:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
OK, Went home last night and took a couple pictures of the A1's I had sitting on the shelf. ...as well as a few of the other pieces I have piled up on there...

Sean

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 19 2013 :  12:19:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
frank all three of mine came from you,i just made one into the dm&ir ken

Originally posted by catfordken - April 19 2013 :  09:44:18 AM

I remember. I was just playin. Whats it look like?
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 29 2013 7:24:49 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 19 2013 :  4:57:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Here is another PRR A5 by HObbyline. I replaced the missing headlight, and it doesn't have a main rod on this side.
frank

Here is another one that is complete. A John English metal A5 also.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 22 2013 5:44:41 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 22 2013 :  6:52:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Are those Fairmount Putt-Putt cars HO scale?
Always did want one in 1:1 scale
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  4:54:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Now getting away for the 0-4-0. Here is a HObbyline Diesel. I have this in 6 roadnames. The first is HObbyline it self. HObbyline #1000.

Edit 11-13-20.

An H12-44 I re-lettered for ATSF #1070. Road and number are correct for set # 416 The Prospector.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 13 2020 9:28:48 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  4:56:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The second is Pennsylvania Railroad #1000 also.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  5:00:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The next is Central of New Jersey. This one I have painted. Also if you notice, I used a Athearn SW1500 drive. I have repowered this one.

Here is my Santa Fe H12-44. I lettered a all blacl Hobbyline H12-44 in the style seen in the 1955 catalog.
Frank

Here is AT&SF H12-44. #1070 I didn't have one so I made and lettered this one, for use in photos till I get a original one. intensionaly left out the and symbol &. Also the Santa Fe logo is all white and not the blue one as HObbyline used. A ccllector familiar with HObbyline should know right away that this is a incorrect copy and not original.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 14 2023 04:37:09 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  5:04:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* This one is the B&O version by HObbyline. LV and NYC to come.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 11 2022 11:13:33 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  5:15:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is the Lehigh valley FM H-12-44.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 17 2021 5:21:02 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  5:17:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is my New York Central. Like the CNJ I painted this also.

I have a picture of a C&O FM H-12-44 by HObbyline but the photo isn't mine. I will not post it. And in the remembering file, I have seen A Yellow UP, FM, H-10-44 also. I have since acquired 2 C&O FM H12-44 locos.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 17 2021 5:24:39 PM

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - April 29 2013 :  5:42:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
Top- I have a question. In this photo, fireman's side, between the frame and the vertical air tank under the cab......is that screw for a specific purpose?

Dave
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 350  ~  Member Since: April 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  6:45:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Dave; It looks like a screw that the motor magnet my have picked up.
Well I left the 0-4-0s behind, and started on diesels, you proably didn't notice, but I will give you some info. You see DC motors, the kind used in DC locomotives, have pernament magnets that can attract ferrous metals like steel screws. It must have picked up a screw. Is that what you are looking for?
* Is there something else like to ask lke, why no valve gear. Or what happened to the handrails, maybe is there coal in the tender bunker, for at this angle you cant tell. Does the light work. Or what the big can under the cab is. There is always, why is it so shinny. I like the one where it is asked . " Why did you take the picture of that side. This realy has so much to do with people searching the net for good info and photos on HObbyline and John English trains. Looking for photos on a certain car or loco. the ones I am trying to place or get put here by others. They see what we are talking about and go away never to return, listing this forum as a waste of time.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 17 2021 5:27:28 PM

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - April 29 2013 :  7:15:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
Handrails are easy, valve gear was an option (mine doesn't have it either). Looked like a brass screw, I thought maybe it was used to hold the boiler up if the attachment at the rear was broken, is all.
Looks intact..no broken steps on pilot or tender.
My uncle bought his new, I inherited it from third owner, sat in my sock drawer for 40 years, one of those round-tuit jobs.
Side and main rods had crumbled before I got it...finally found some...I could have made brass ones, but wanted original style ones.
Wasn't picking on you, and it's a little hard to read your body language in your post.
I always make mine something other than flat Floquil engine black if I have a choice.
Threw out my Dullcote decades ago...yellows, cracks, and not impervious to water.
I use Krylon satin clear now.
I've always had a soft spot in my head for those engines.
As stated, just didn't know if it was there to hold the back of the boiler up or not.

As you can see, valve gear not covered in the instructions. Someday I'll find some.
I do like the tender trucks. Different than mine...they make it look more..."substantial".
Oh, and I do apologize. I saw this in the post right after the 0-4-0's "Now getting away for the 0-4-0", and thought that was just for the purpose of moving to photos of the diseasemals. I had no idea you'd gotten fully away from steam.
Dave

Edited by - New_York_Central on November 24 2015 7:20:36 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 350  ~  Member Since: April 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 29 2013 :  7:41:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Let's see this thread started with a first post on the description of the purpose of this topic. I followed it up with a 2 photos in a post for 0-4-0t saddle tank type locomotives . A start. The third post I did on 0-4-0 switcher kit built locos by John English. it included 3 photos in one post. I waited to see how it would go. The Buss followed almost 2 hours later with a positive post of something learned and a last gime gime something. the next morning Sean posted a photo of his Signal number 4, a John English A5 with full valve gear and some additional railings, showing what a little extra work can do. Kenny , catfordken , followed minutes later with a 6 picture co loge on the John English mikado. Nice work. A hour latter Sean entered a post responding to Ken. Two hours latter I put in the picture with the screw loco. This topic was doing OK! Same day Kenny came back with a 2 photo look at a splendid John English PRR A5. I followed a hour latter with a HObbyline factory ready to PRR A5. Maybe a set loco. Kenny responded in three hours. Three hours latter Sean is back with a 3 photo spread showing many different trains centered around 3 other John English PRR A5's. then I responded to Ken following with a second post showing a top bottom 2 photo look at both a HObbyline and John English PRR A5 so the differences could be noted. The thread went to sleep for 3 days, and then back is the Buss with something about Fairmount put puts. I think they are they mine locos seen in one of Sean's photos. i followed that up today with 6 posts all with a photo each on the diesel H-10-44's of Hobbyline. Then Dave asked me about a screw in the side of a loco. I responded possibly a little harshly. We still have the John English 4-6-2 Pacific to cover and the HObbyline plastic FA1 locomotives, and die cast John English FA1 locomotives. Then a lot of different cars and maybe some sets. Still a lot to go. Dave responded minutes ago with some info and maybe a promiss of a look at his PRR A5.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 29 2013 7:43:58 PM

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - April 29 2013 :  7:58:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist

I have the loco out...that photo is too small. I'll get another.
I like English stuff. Followed by Varney.
I have only the one English anymore. Couple of PennLines.
Whole raft of Varneys.

Once we got the Yardbird sorted out, it runs very well.
Can you tell me more about the trucks on the tender?
I think I'd like to find me some of those.
Dave

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - April 29 2013 :  8:24:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist

Couple of better shots.
The lettering was done....40 or so years ago with individual dry transfers. I have decals now, going to re-do them, just for drill.

Since there are Hobbylines in this thread, here is my powered one. Have a couple of kit styles stored away.
and a slightly out-of-focus shot I took about 3-1/2 years ago when I got the Hobbyline.
Dave

(edit: I know where the Hobbyline came from, and it, like all the other locos in that batch, are painted olive drab on boilers. Not quite GN Green....haven't figured that out yet)

Edited by - ScaleCraft on April 29 2013 8:26:49 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 01 2013 :  08:07:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

::: Thanks for sharing Dave, nice photos and info.

Going back a little to Monday the 29th 2 days ago around 5 PM I posted 6 photos of HObbyline H-10-44's. 4 were factory painted and 2 were custom painted. Posts kept coming in on the PRR A5's. So now back to the Lowery styled switcher. I covered the 6 locos that I have. I have a photo of a C&O factory painted one, and have seen a all Yellow UP version. The drive is a standard HObbyline design using the same parts as HObbyline's FA1. Here is a photo of the drive.
frank
PS a little fuzzy and will be replaced when I get a clear one.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 29 2015 08:17:01 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2013 :  09:29:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The next 2 a New Haven box car

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2013 :  09:31:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Number 3 box is a TP&W .

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2013 :  09:32:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The fourth box car is the " FRISCO " !

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2013 :  09:45:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a my 5th box car. Nickel Plate Road.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2013 :  09:48:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* The next 3 are all original with HObbyline trucks and couplers.
A GAEX box car.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 17 2021 5:29:00 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2013 :  09:52:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The next all original is the ,
" Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad"

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 05 2013 09:54:02 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 05 2013 :  09:57:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My third all original box car is a second Frisco. I am posting this to show that it was spray painted with the door a little open. Quality control missed this one.
* That is the only 8 box cars by HObbyline I have.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 05 2013 09:58:40 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 28 2013 :  4:59:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Sean' Yes it is a HObbyline tank car. Also an important thing about is, it is a Ready to Run car and not made from a kit. The car was released in1956 and is seen in the retail catalog for that year. The dealer's catalog for 1956 has no photo or drawing of the car but on page 7 in the loco and car index tank car #7044 DU Pont is listed for $2.95.

list edited 11-13-20.
Continuing on with freight cars here is the 40' gondola. I have 11 different road names.
* Top to Bottom.
ACL 93271 in blue. Atlantic Coast Line.
Lehigh New England, LNE 3758 in gray.
P&LE (NYC) 12692 in red. Pittsburgh and Lake Erie.
PRR 358281 in red.
Union Switch and Signal 3758 in black.
Wabash WAB 145 in black.
ERIE 45268 in black.
HObbyline HO 1297 in yellow.
DSS&A 4090, in brown. Duluth South Shore and Atlantic.
NKP 45608 in green. Nickel Plate Line.
Western Maryland 37259 in red.
V-463

Here is another HObbyline gondola with silk screened lettering. Got this 3-2-14 JCHS Mother Seaton Clark NJ train show.

Lettered for the DSS&A railway. Duluth South Shore and Atlantic, a Lake Superior, pioneer, iron oar hauler.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 13 2020 9:18:00 PM

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - May 28 2013 :  5:18:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
I think this tank car is a HObbyline Frank:

Sean

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 28 2013 :  5:20:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

Sean; yes it is a HObbyline tank car.

** A second post on the Gondola car is a photo of a HObbyline box label for a Gondola car.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 06 2015 08:31:17 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 28 2013 :  9:11:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - May 28 2013 :  5:18:24 PM

Hi Sean ; Yep it is HObbyline. It is different, that they put weight in the trucks like you show. Only HObbyline did that. I have a few tank cars to post latter on.
frank

Some other tank car kits.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 28 2013 9:18:30 PM

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - May 30 2013 :  2:14:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist

Got this for my G+D #42 project. John Allan used parts from this kit.

FRANK: I love that H-10-44 styled by "Raymond Loewy" ! - Erich

Edited by - Erich on May 30 2013 2:44:52 PM
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - May 30 2013 :  2:36:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
quote:

Hi Sean ; Yep it is HObbyline. It is different, that they put weight in the trucks like you show. Only HObbyline did that. I have a few tank cars to post latter on.
frank

I have several Hobbyline cars, some since new. Were the tank cars the only ones with weights in the trucks? I am thinking specifically of a boxcar, do not recall weighted trucks.
Dave

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 30 2013 :  9:02:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
About the trucks. HObbyline trucks had that weight in the center. All the kits I got recently had no trucks in with them. Must have been removed from kit.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 30 2013 9:02:41 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 08 2013 :  3:36:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Here is a Hobbyline tank car.
Cities Service

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 08 2013 3:39:02 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 18 2013 :  07:12:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - May 28 2013 :  5:18:24 PM

Sean, Hi sorry I'm late. That most definitely is a HObbyline tank car. And in great shape. Looks new. Not bad for 1956 for when it was released.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 13 2020 9:15:04 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 18 2013 :  07:18:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is the Baby Ruth candy tank car missing the decals that says Baby Ruth. Someone scratch out the word America. I guess this car is in line for a re-detailing.
frank

toptrain

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - November 16 2013 :  10:14:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
One of those 0-4-0 Yardbird PRR switcher locomotives (with tender) was actually featured on one of my favorite Gumby episodes, "Toy Crazy" (a.k.a. "Toy Joy!")
no video anymore
The train is first seen at 3:55, then appears again at 7:23. Since Gumby is known to be surreal, this train has a mind of its own and can go anywhere, carrying its tracks wherever it goes!
Other good stuff appearing in the episode include a Marx train Gumby skates past, a Marx railroad crossing flasher when Gumby and Pokey stop for the HO train, and a Tonka Rescue Squad van (complete with the official Civil Defense logo) Gumby uses to try and take the train home as his birthday present of choice! All from 1956!

Edited by - toptrain on January 24 2021 09:55:04 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 16 2013 :  11:06:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I watch those Gumby shows & I'm amazed that the toys they used then are collectable now!
Will look for HObbyland at the show the 30th

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 17 2013 :  08:57:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi wiley209 great video,never seen gumby before ken
my only hobbyline loco,(thanks frank)

Edited by - catfordken on November 17 2013 10:06:06 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 17 2013 :  11:28:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* I guess it is time to post photos of the John English Pacific. It is a straight USRA light type of engine. Its linage goes back to about the start of world war one. The only ones I have I've done for the Reading Railroad.
* Lionel purchased the die from this company back in 1957. Almost everything the John English companies made was copied in one way or another by Lionel. A noted exception was the FM Lowery H-10-44. No Lionel model was made of this engine. It used the same drive as the HObbyline FA1 A and B.
* here are my John English Pacifics.

toptrain

waw47
Hudson

Posted - November 17 2013 :  11:47:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Lionel obtain the bulk of the John English (Hobbyline) tooling. Penn Line purchased the streamline and standard passengner car dies, as well as the consolidation steam locomotive tooling.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 24 2015 :  09:28:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
my 2 john english locos not sure where these came fromken

Originally posted by catfordken - April 18 2013 :  09:52:24 AM

I actually saw some of those at a show a while back (or was it a Pacific, but it was for sure John English, it had that same box) as a mostly complete kit for about $60.Should I have grabbed it?

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on February 24 2015 09:30:00 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 1.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000