Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 22 ]  [ Total: 22 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Can I just say...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Midnight Thunder Caboose, is this real? Topic Next Topic: Need help IDing this vintage Tyco set  

Locodub
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - December 17 2016 :  7:15:51 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Locodub to Buddylist
... how great this forum is. I don't post a lot, but I do lurk quite a bit. I enjoy the "Of the Week" posts, and all the other topics there are to view. So much good information, ideas and so many friendly people. Makes it a great place to hang out. Thanks everyone.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 87  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 17 2016 :  8:13:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah its a good place to hang out
UNLESS the forum goes down which really isn't often

edit: misspelled good as goon

Edited by - microbusss on December 19 2016 8:11:16 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - December 17 2016 :  9:15:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
I heartily agree. Lots of great folks, lots of great sharing. I always look forward to seeing what's new every day. Thank you all.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RobM
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - December 17 2016 :  10:04:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RobM to Buddylist
quote:
... how great this forum is. I don't post a lot, but I do lurk quite a bit. I enjoy the "Of the Week" posts, and all the other topics there are to view. So much good information, ideas and so many friendly people. Makes it a great place to hang out. Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by Locodub - December 17 2016 :  7:15:51 PM

Well said Locodub. I've only posted a couple of questions on the forum but come here at least once a week and have spent hours reading old posts. Hopefully when I finally finish my layout room I'll have a few things to post other than questions. It's refreshing to come to place where people are having fun with their hobby instead of obsessing over detail.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11  ~  Member Since: August 30 2016  ~  Last Visit: November 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - December 18 2016 :  08:03:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
I think as good as t is now, It used to be much better. A lot of the people with the TYCO knowledge left for one reason or another. If you go back and read some of the old posts, you will see the plethora of knowledge that was here.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 19 2016 :  6:01:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Way back in the day, before the internet existed, I often wondered
how nice it would be to have a magazine, heck even a newsletter,
dedicated to the "average Joe," such as myself.

To get your work seen, or anything else, was either turning up at
the local train show (always a gas) or get published in one of the
Glossies (phat chance).

The Tyco Forum, from what I've read on the archives, was started
as a joke, or at minimum, tongue-in-cheek. What it has become is
an extraordinary virtual train show where rivet counters and
"Average Joes" can swap information and photographs all the day long.
This is ultimately democratic. Modelers never had it so good.

I don't know if the TF was the first, but I've certainly enjoyed the
Dickens out of it ever since I stumbled over it several years ago.
Now the site does go down, perhaps a little unexpectedly, once
in a great while, but like a Weeble, it wobbles, but ultimately
pops back up- a small inconvenience to pay for such a wonderful
venue.

Edited by - Chops124 on December 19 2016 6:04:51 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11197  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

weekendrailroader
Little Six

Posted - December 19 2016 :  7:59:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add weekendrailroader to Buddylist
I stumbled across this site a couple years ago, and have enjoyed it thoroughly ever since. When the site occasionally goes down, I figure I can make good use of the time by working on some layout project that I can share pictures of when the site is back up. It's not perfect, but it suits me just fine.
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/weekendrailroader?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
Edited by - weekendrailroader on December 19 2016 8:00:58 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 189  ~  Member Since: March 07 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - December 19 2016 :  9:21:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
This is a great site when It works properly

(sorry but just had to be said) Hopefully before years end will have some things posted that people here will LOVE
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Midnight Thunder Caboose, is this real? Topic Next Topic: Need help IDing this vintage Tyco set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000