Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 Building a grain elevator
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Turntable Photos . . . Topic Next Topic: Opinion:  Operating Crossing Gates  

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - November 16 2016 :  5:35:41 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist

Decided to build myself a grain elevator, beginning with the silos. The base structure for each is a paper towel tube. To make things easier on me this will be a cabin-topped affair. Photo is dated, by this point all five silos are erected.

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 17 2016 :  6:45:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
Years ago, I was scratch building an elevator and stopped at a real one to look it over and understand it so I at least wouldn't make any grossly implausible errors. I asked permission to look around and a particularly helpful employee, there, gave me a tour of the place. Obviously, I can't volunteer your local elevator operator to be so nice, but if you can get away with it, it's an interesting thing to see.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - November 17 2016 :  8:19:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Well, I don't have the means or time to jaunt out to an elevator for a tour, but I did make sure to grab plenty of reference photos in preparation, and I'll be doing some in-situ measuring and fitting of things like the discharge pipes. I also won't be giving this thing a detailed interior.
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Turntable Photos . . . Topic Next Topic: Opinion:  Operating Crossing Gates  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000