Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 26 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW Nov 13 - Nov 19
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW Nov 20 - Nov 26 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Nov 06-Nov 12  

chevelle454
Big Six

SFChiefAvatar

Posted - November 13 2016 :  07:33:46 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add chevelle454 to Buddylist
An American Flyer S gauge 283 from the 50's:
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: June 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: August 02 2023 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 13 2016 :  08:18:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
It is hard to follow up on that Gilbert S gauge steamer. I'll just have to come out with the heavy artillery. The enormous , giagantic, large, powerfull, and other big words.

** *** TA-TA *** Da dum ta dum. ***

** The Marx diesel switcher. The Rock Island Rocketing BEAST.

frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - November 13 2016 :  12:52:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Nice engines! I myself collect American Flyer S. This is a C19 in HOn3 by Blackstone Models. No DCC SOUND but price was right.

[URL=http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/jdboomer904/media/Mobile%20Uploads/_3-37_zps4ohfndsw.jpg.html] [/URL]

" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 13 2016 :  3:28:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
345's sister #346 is at the Colorado Railroad Museum

I thought that loco looked familiar
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 13 2016 :  6:27:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
This is a C19 in HOn3 by Blackstone Models.
Originally posted by Redneck Justin - November 13 2016 :  12:52:33 PM

C-19 - Consolidation with 19000 lb. of tractive effort, and more importantly, cute as a bug.
I do have a soft spot in my head for Consolidations.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2356  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - November 13 2016 :  11:29:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

My first set was American Flyer...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - November 13 2016 :  11:32:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

My HO entry this week is Athearn CN...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 14 2016 :  6:41:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Oooh! Ah! Great variety of remarkable and beautiful pieces
this week. The wheel base on that RI is most interesting, as
well as the art deco lettering. The CN ABBA set is striking.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

fourteen
Little Six

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 15 2016 :  02:02:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add fourteen to Buddylist
Rivarossi 2-8-4
[URL=http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/14fourteen14/media/DSC02460_zpsqff0nyn1.jpg.html] [/URL]

Modeling on the cheap
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 137  ~  Member Since: December 08 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - November 15 2016 :  02:12:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist

I been gone a long long time but here is a LOTW. Weird Athearn FP-45 in factory applied Hiawatha paint with no lettering ....weird
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 15 2016 :  05:57:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
I been gone a long long time but here is a LOTW. Weird Athearn FP-45 in factory applied Hiawatha paint with no lettering ....weird

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - November 15 2016 :  02:12:54 AM

Well nice to here from you again. Maybe you can get a decal set for the loco and finish it. Or just run it like it is.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

weekendrailroader
Little Six

Posted - November 15 2016 :  12:02:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add weekendrailroader to Buddylist
I think this may be the first time I've posted a locomotive of the week, but here it is. Its a Marx 333, O gauge. It came in a set that my friend gave me as a gift. I finally got around to disassembling and cleaning, and oiling it, and straightening out the axles on the tender. It runs quite nicely now.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/weekendrailroader?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 189  ~  Member Since: March 07 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - November 15 2016 :  1:05:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
Here is my LOTW. It's been a while since I bought an engine but this deal was too good to pass up.

This is a Bachmann Spectrum engine that one of the local hobby shops was selling "as-is". THe guy at the shop really didn't know much about it or what issues it had but it is complete and looks like its never been run. I paid 90 dollars for it and it comes with factory dcc and sound. A steal.

I get it home and find that there is a short somewhere. I havent isolated it yet as im still working on the layout but will do so this week sometime.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 16 2016 :  06:47:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I bought a pair of Bachmann decapods and both had shorts and would not run. The dealer set me 2 more and I returned the first two. One of the new ones was shorted also. Even though it was new I took a look at it. The problem was easy to find. Bachmann used a split frame as usual, so there is two thin pieces of brass picking up power from the wheels one for each side. If improperly installed they sag and touch the metal bottom plate causing a short circuit in the locomotive. A piece of scotch tape fixed the problem. My decapods have run perfect since then.
* I don't know if this is your problem or not.
frank

toptrain

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - November 16 2016 :  07:45:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Lovely loco there weekendrailroader.
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - November 16 2016 :  3:13:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
I bought a pair of Bachmann decapods and both had shorts and would not run. The dealer set me 2 more and I returned the first two. One of the new ones was shorted also. Even though it was new I took a look at it. The problem was easy to find. Bachmann used a split frame as usual, so there is two thin pieces of brass picking up power from the wheels one for each side. If improperly installed they sag and touch the metal bottom plate causing a short circuit in the locomotive. A piece of scotch tape fixed the problem. My decapods have run perfect since then.
* I don't know if this is your problem or not.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - November 16 2016 :  06:47:02 AM

Thanks for the advise. I have a feeling it is something as simple as what you described. The first thing that I will try is hooping up another tender and see if I can isolate the short. I have a feeling that what you recommend will fix the issue.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - November 16 2016 :  3:47:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
My LOTW: Atlas ALCO RS-11 Locomotive for CV Central Vermont:

Just purchased, s the picture is not actually mine but it is the listing photo.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - November 17 2016 :  07:44:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
Lately I have been gobbling up Rivarossi steam engines since I only need the ultra rare TYCO trains. My first assault was going to be the streamlined steamers, then the bigger steamers, and finally all the GG1's. I got this for a steal, it came with an Athearn Special Edition set (FEC GP40-2), a really nice set.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 17 2016 :  09:38:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
that CV logo is after CN took over

here are 2 I got from train show

Amtrak by Athern

this has AWD & flywheels too!
I dunno the designation of this loco *derp*

Hershey's Dark Chocolate by Bachman!

need the rest of the cars but already have the Tyco Hershey's boxcar

last nite when I was loading these TF broke & I swear I felt like I broke it

Edited by - microbusss on November 17 2016 09:40:37 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 17 2016 :  9:39:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That Amtrak is really different and cool, Micro. Nice find. A former
resident of Brattleboro, Vermont, I sure can appreciate that fine
Alco. Nice get, Mustang. That Hiawatha is fabulous.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 22 2016 :  8:51:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
On the short in the Bachmann loco.....
Sometimes the wheels may not have the correct polarity on the tender. Someone may have removed the wheels from the trucks and re-assembled it with the insulated wheel on the wrong side.
Something to consider.....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - November 22 2016 :  9:10:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
Fresh from the shop and heading for the paint shop for some touch up before striking out for the woods for a load of logs.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - November 22 2016 :  10:45:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Nice machine there Alex.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW Nov 20 - Nov 26 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Nov 06-Nov 12  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000