Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Lionel Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Drive belts/bands for Lionel HO Rectifier
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Lionel HO PRR Floodlight Flat Car Topic Next Topic: Andy''s 1964 Lionel Pounding the Rails  

RobM
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 11 2016 :  9:11:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RobM to Buddylist
I picked up a Lionel HO Pennsylvania Rectifier on ebay. Runs fine but the drive belts are shot. Anyone know if I can use Athearn 90101 drive belts. In an old message in another forum someone said they'll work. Can anyone here confirm?

Thanks
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11  ~  Member Since: August 30 2016  ~  Last Visit: November 22 2023 Alert Moderator 

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - October 11 2016 :  11:24:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
If they don't, you can try using O rings from the hardware store. If you take the old ring off, take it to the store and try to match it up. You can even get an assortment until you find one that fits.

I've done this on different engines, including the Revell switchers.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RobM
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 12 2016 :  11:31:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RobM to Buddylist
Thanks. This jogged my memory of being at the local Ace Hardware a couple of weeks ago. They had an O ring assortment in one of the sale bins. This might be better than trying the Athearn belts. The ones I saw on ebay seem to be more like rubber bands with a flat surface instead of round.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11  ~  Member Since: August 30 2016  ~  Last Visit: November 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 12 2016 :  1:35:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ooooh- I'd like to see that! A Lionel rectifier??
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - October 12 2016 :  5:15:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RobM
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 12 2016 :  10:18:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RobM to Buddylist
Here's the one I just got:

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11  ~  Member Since: August 30 2016  ~  Last Visit: November 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 13 2016 :  06:24:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Nice photo Rob. The rectifier looks good. Be careful when changing belts and removing those 2 clips that hold the drive shaft to the truck. They by now are brittle and once broken not replaceable. Athearn GP9 drives will fit the rectifier and operate it better than the Lionel one. You can pick one up at a train show or hobby shop, if they sell used equipment.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 13 2016 :  12:02:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh I gotta find one in Conrail at train show next week
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - October 13 2016 :  1:35:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Buss

Lionel only produced the Rectifiers in PRR, New Haven and Virginian. Athearn also made a Virginian.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RobM
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 13 2016 :  11:22:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RobM to Buddylist
quote:
Nice photo Rob. The rectifier looks good. Be careful when changing belts and removing those 2 clips that hold the drive shaft to the truck. They by now are brittle and once broken not replaceable. Athearn GP9 drives will fit the rectifier and operate it better than the Lionel one. You can pick one up at a train show or hobby shop, if they sell used equipment.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - October 13 2016 :  06:24:26 AM

Thanks Frank. I read about the Athearn GP9 drive fitting on another post so I just picked one up on ebay (different trucks). I'll still get the original drive working and preserve it if I ever want to sell it (probably not). I’ll be extra careful with the clips when I replace the bands.
  Previous Topic: Lionel HO PRR Floodlight Flat Car Topic Next Topic: Andy''s 1964 Lionel Pounding the Rails  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000