Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Lionel Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Andy's 1964 Lionel Pounding the Rails
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Drive belts/bands for Lionel HO Rectifier Topic Next Topic: Polar Express - Lion Chief???  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 25 2016 :  10:12:39 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

The year was about 1964, and my older brother Andy, aka "Frosty," rec'd a Lionel
Scout and a pile of rusted track that Mom had picked up at a yard sale. Not much
older than 4, myself, I was amazed how by brother made this fascinating contraption
come to life. I didn't see it again for three and a half decades, when it turned up
in the mail about the time he and his wife, Diane, quit shore life to live full time on
their single masted sail boat.

A little investigation revealed this piece was typically used in a model train display
at Woolworth's Department Store, and was not built to last. It ran for hours at the
El Paso Model Train Club Open House hour after hour like a good old watch.

Here's to you, Andy!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator 

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - September 26 2016 :  10:46:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
My first Lionel set was from 1960 bought at a American Legion Sale in 1970 ny my mom for 1.00
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - September 26 2016 :  11:40:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
Got my first Lionel set for Christmas 1954. Still have it and it still runs. Engine #2056, NYC Hudson with tender whistle. I also have the operating freight station.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 26 2016 :  3:20:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great memories.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Drive belts/bands for Lionel HO Rectifier Topic Next Topic: Polar Express - Lion Chief???  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000