Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 How Rare Are These 430s?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My roster of Tyco locomotives Topic Next Topic: Royal Blue tender drive zinc pest  

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 23 2016 :  12:52:45 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
About a month or so ago I decided that I wanted to acquire all of the Brown Box Alco 430s.

I am close to completing the set but I am missing a few important pieces. I am wanting to know how "rare" and how often do the models listed below come up. I would list or mention the Great Northern Alco 430 but that is a discussion for another day. (I have one coming in the mail and this particular one is very interesting. Look for my thread in the "Prototype" topic section once the model arrives.)

Tyco made a couple of neat 430s in 1981. I have yet to see these two on eBay or anywhere else. I was wondering if anyone here has some examples. If you do please post some pictures. My suspicion is that they are both extremely rare variants and that I will have to be lurking and watching on eBay for a long time to finish my collection. Hopefully I am wrong.

Blue/Yellow Warbonnet

Grand Trunk
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 24 2016 :  06:38:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Yup, you'll probably need to lurk a looooooooong time to find these! I've seen a GT once or twice, but can't remember seeing the blue and yellow warbonnet scheme at all. Since the Santa Fe you want was only made in 81-82 in sets, they won't be common, I'm sure. Good luck with your hunting.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 24 2016 :  1:34:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
Yup, you'll probably need to lurk a looooooooong time to find these! I've seen a GT once or twice, but can't remember seeing the blue and yellow warbonnet scheme at all. Since the Santa Fe you want was only made in 81-82 in sets, they won't be common, I'm sure. Good luck with your hunting.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - September 24 2016 :  06:38:48 AM

That's what I figured. :/ Well I guess that just makes the fact of eventually getting one that much more satisfying!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 25 2018 :  09:12:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
I have one Blue Bonnet and Two GTs. The first was a weathered GT that I managed to clean up with out damaging the original paint and I got it to run. probably one of my first auction wins at a fair price. Later I got one mint in the box. The SF looks nice but not a good runner.

There is a worn GT at auction now.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: My roster of Tyco locomotives Topic Next Topic: Royal Blue tender drive zinc pest  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000