Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 26 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Well figure I should do this
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: A little history behind my railroad Topic Next Topic: A lurker converts  

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - September 09 2016 :  8:24:41 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Hello! I've posted a few times before, figured I should introduce myself before it becomes too late to do so.

I'm Pokemonprime (that's my name pretty much everywhere). I'm 13 years old, and like diesels from the 50s to the 80s. (After that they start looking a bit too "modern" and come in all of 5 colors.) I model in HO scale, and my layout will be set up on a 4 by 8 train table that I got use of after it fell out of favor with my little brother, who used it to run Geotrax and Thomas trains around. I plan to model a fairly weird setup, with the diesels and landscape/architecture of the 70s but the companies I want to run necessitate an 80s setting, so it's pretty much 70s everything else with 80s companies. My layout will feature my fictional Walkersville Northern shortline, which I plan to have run 2 Alco RS3s, and if I can fit it Maryland Midland will feature a small area, probably running a GP7 or GP9? A prototypical "Geep" basically. I also like to scratchbuilt, kitbash, and paint stuff to fit what I need. Pretty much a necessity with the fictional shortline and all. Love this forum and it's probably my favorite out of all the ones I visit. (Blocked at school though... grumble....)

sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator 

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 10 2016 :  01:34:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Welcome to the site Pokemonprime! Great to see younger members joining!

You'll find that unlike some forums, we don't judge and don't take ourselves too seriously. If you have the space for a 4X8, awesome. I love the simplicity and yet complexity that can be built on a 4X8. For all you want to do, a 4X8 with a fiddle yard extension may be the best option.

Black River Junction from Kato ( http://www.katousa.com/HO/Unitrack/customsets.html ) is an awesome plan and sounds perfect for your needs. Keep us updated on the layout.

We model with Tyco here, nothing's "weird" (except maybe microbuss)

Have fun, don't listen to the rivet counters and remember it's YOUR railroad!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 10 2016 :  03:42:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
Welcome! Look forward to seeing you around. Also make sure to take pictures and post your layout progress! Like Dan said, its your railroad do what you want!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - September 10 2016 :  2:22:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Thanks DanMack, that layout looks great, and I think I might roll with it and modify it as I go along. (With my own track tho, it's $$$$$ on Kato's website), and yeah to hell with the rivet counters! :P. They're pretty much a walking punchline in normal modelling too.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 10 2016 :  3:35:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing your posts.

-Thomas

Edited by - Redwoods on September 10 2016 3:35:52 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: February 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - September 10 2016 :  9:42:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Welcome...coffee's almost ready...you DID bring donuts, right....

Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 11 2016 :  7:28:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Welcome and glad to have you around. I like eclectic railroad operations, I am building an AMC automotive train of Tyco cars. I too prefer the 50's-80's era, and not much newer or older. But I have exceptions. Good to see some young people still getting into trains.

Jerry, 56 YOG ( year old geezer )

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 11 2016 :  8:58:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Welcome To The Forum!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

chevelle454
Big Six

SFChiefAvatar

Posted - September 26 2016 :  5:18:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add chevelle454 to Buddylist
quote:

Love this forum and it's probably my favorite out of all the ones I visit. (Blocked at school though... grumble....)

Originally posted by Pokemonprime - September 09 2016 :  8:24:41 PM

Not blocked at school though... yay!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: June 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: August 02 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: A little history behind my railroad Topic Next Topic: A lurker converts  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000