Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Life-Like Proto E8/9 reborn....
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I am DONE!!!! Proto NJT/Amtrak RDC-2 Cars Topic Next Topic: Tyco/Atlas kitbash  

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - July 28 2016 :  6:54:27 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I got this disaster at a Greenberg Train Show back in February of this year for $10.

I turned it in to this.... A NJ Transit E8.

I had a hard time with this project. The paint that was previously used must have contained Tulene which crazed some of the plastic. I had to double decal the NJ Transit Disco Stripes as the first layer had the rivets starting to poke through the decal. I hand made all of the metal hand rails on the engine and painted them Mango orange or Silver. I need the steps below the doors, cab glass and number boards. Below are a couple pics of the real NJ Transit engine.

Edited by - AF Kid on July 28 2016 7:06:27 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 28 2016 :  7:23:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*droools*
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 28 2016 :  7:43:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice !!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 28 2016 :  8:52:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Looks good Pete.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

trainman280
Little Six

trainman

Posted - August 26 2016 :  1:01:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add trainman280 to Buddylist
Good job!
I dont believe that that is a Lifelike proto E8.
It looks more like a Model Power E8, because Life like/proto E units have etch metal grills and much more detail.

If I can't fix it, I can fix it so it can't be fixed.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 105  ~  Member Since: March 16 2015  ~  Last Visit: March 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - August 26 2016 :  3:34:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
Good job!
I dont believe that that is a Lifelike proto E8.
It looks more like a Model Power E8, because Life like/proto E units have etch metal grills and much more detail.

Originally posted by trainman280 - August 26 2016 :  1:01:18 PM

It's a P2K E8. The grilles have been removed. Also, no Model Power ever had the detail you can now see that was under the grilles.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - September 05 2016 :  9:21:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Correct... I took the grills off, because there were several pics of that engine without them.
This was a Life-Like E8/9 Proto 2000 engine.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: I am DONE!!!! Proto NJT/Amtrak RDC-2 Cars Topic Next Topic: Tyco/Atlas kitbash  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000