Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 42 ]  [ Total: 42 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 Battery-powered freight unloading depot question
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: tyco 889b transformer Topic Next Topic: Unloading boxvar question  

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 17 2016 :  9:51:50 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist

Is everything in order, or do I need to put stuff back in its place?

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - May 18 2016 :  08:29:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
Looks Correct
If I recall correctly, though, wasn't there a black wire on these?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 18 2016 :  08:40:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
I don't know, this is my first time ever owning one. I would much appreciate a photo of the interior of a definitely-intact example. But the only photos I've found are of the version run from a power pack
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - May 18 2016 :  4:39:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
If I recall, there never was one that ran just from batteries.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 18 2016 :  5:47:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
quote:
If I recall, there never was one that ran just from batteries.

Originally posted by bnsfIA - May 18 2016 :  4:39:45 PM

Well, you're wrong. I've seen videos of it in use, and there are clearly marked places for C batteries inside the building.

EDIT: But it seems it was only the original Red Box version that ran on batteries. I would like to have a look at the gubbins for that, since there are some upsides to using battery power (especially when one doesn't have a power distribution strip or the materials to make one). As far as this version goes, though, it does seem I have everything besides the Prestomatic button (a questionable change for this accessory - would have been better off with adding terminal wires to the original switch).

Edited by - ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 18 2016 9:28:05 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: tyco 889b transformer Topic Next Topic: Unloading boxvar question  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000