Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 What style to use for my streamliner 4-8-4
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Is your layout DC or DCC? Topic Next Topic: What is the best DCC system for a large layout?  

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 11 2016 :  4:11:19 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Poll Question:
So, I managed to get the 4-8-4 drivers I wanted. I can now build the fantasy streamlined 4-8-4 I want for my fictitious railroad. But I'm not sure how I want to build it. Here are the four main possibilities I've been considering

A smokebox and boiler jacket like that of the LNER A4, with sideskirts and a skytop casing

A standard style boiler with a flat-fronted smokebox, and sideskirts and a skytop casing

^The above but with a conical smokebox front instead

A bullet-nose streamlining akin to that of a streamlined K4, but integral and with access hatches

Choices:

A4 style smokebox and boiler
Standard style boiler, flat smokebox front
Standard style boiler, torpedo smokebox front
Integral version of a smooth shell

(Anonymous Vote)

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 11 2016 :  6:58:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I voted.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 11 2016 :  10:16:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Thanks Chops
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 12 2016 :  3:50:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Probably going to end up obviating this poll and the duplicate I have going on another forum.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 12 2016 :  9:42:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Yeah, I'm obviating it - I was able to make up my own mind on this. Sorry to those who voted.

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 13 2016 :  7:47:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Yeah, I'm obviating it - I was able to make up my own mind on this.
Originally posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman - May 12 2016 :  9:42:03 PM

This is as it should be. You're the one who'll live with the model.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Is your layout DC or DCC? Topic Next Topic: What is the best DCC system for a large layout?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000