Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Greetings from Alabama
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Getting out Topic Next Topic: layout  

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - January 04 2016 :  7:35:36 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
Hello! New to the forum but long-time model railroader. My first set was a Marx clockwork set I received for Christmas of 1963. This was followed by an O-27 Marx Allstate set from Sears in 1966. My first HO set was from Tyco in 1969 with a Burlington GP-20. That sparked my first layout - a 4x5 loop with one siding, all brass track that came with the Tyco set and some Atlas track thrown in. It included the old boxcar unloader accessory with the Burlington box car.

As time progressed, the Tyco set was superseded by Athearn and later Atlas engines although I did purchase a Mantua Mikado that was a great runner!

College, Seminary, marriage, children, etc. put the hobby on the back-burner for several years. As the kids got older and began to go off to college and marriage, I returned to the hobby - first getting into O gauge with vintage Lionel and Marx - trains I still enjoy and run on a Christmas layout - but also back to HO. My current layout is a switching layout, 6 and a half feet in length. I have a variety of HO equipment collected over the years including a few brass locos but I still like the older Mantua/Tyco steamers. Currently I own two of the 0-4-0 steamers with the slope-back tender, a recent 0-6-0T, and even two freight cars from my original set - the CB&Q caboose and a gondola. Alas, the GP-20 and the Mikado are long gone - sold or traded along the way.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 04 2016 :  8:19:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Hey, John! Glad to have you onboard!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - January 04 2016 :  8:32:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
Thank you!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - January 04 2016 :  8:36:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Welcome to the Tyco forum.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - January 04 2016 :  10:18:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Welcome aboard. I look forward to your posts.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 05 2016 :  06:15:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Welcome to the Tyco forum. I hope you like it here.
Frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 05 2016 :  1:30:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
welcome
Hope you get lots of info on here & we welcome all scales
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - January 06 2016 :  9:30:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Getting out Topic Next Topic: layout  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000