Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 Auto Loader... Did i overpay??
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: minimum voltage output on a Tyco transformer? Topic Next Topic: tyco signal man accessory wiring?  

pacbelt
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 06 2015 :  11:18:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add pacbelt to Buddylist
I picked this up today on EvilBay...

$11.00, free shipping.

I've been buying and selling for a long time, but this may be my FIRST TYCO purchase since I was a kid!!
Did I overpay?? I actually got it for the AMX's that it came with.
I may go and resell the Auto Loader car.

Carmine - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer
Pacific Belt RR, in HO Scale, Since 1975!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 82  ~  Member Since: September 27 2015  ~  Last Visit: October 26 2015 Alert Moderator 

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - October 07 2015 :  12:01:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Well Yes and no You are missing the blue auto and it's in pieces BUT it ca be put back together if the tabs are good plus it has a box

Should have paid say 7.00

But considering that e bay prices can get ridiculous...................
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - October 07 2015 :  12:19:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
AMX's & Chevy's... Brown or Red Box, it's a kit, too... and looks like never been built, (almost mint...) $11 and free shipping, you got a treasure!

Now, to build it or keep it as is... you'd better have fun with it whatever you choose.

I'd keep it.
Would you take pictures of the box as well?

And keep an eye on that brake wheel! Usually they are the first things to get broke or lost.

Build date on this car says 10-68. I have this car in its original box but not in kit form as yours is. The autos were just like yours on a placecard-shrink-wrapped and seemingly could have been sold separately, and still made in New Jersey. I paid $5.00 for mine, Brown Box, although the box was in rough shape... the car itself was basically untouched-pre-assembled.

Nice car.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - October 07 2015 :  12:23:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
... You are missing the blue auto..."
But considering that e bay prices can get ridiculous...................

Originally posted by thesiding - October 07 2015 :  12:01:36 AM

D'oh! I thought it was a white car! Missing blue car... ahhh... yes, considering that those e bay prices...

I really thought it was a white car!

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

pacbelt
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 07 2015 :  03:08:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add pacbelt to Buddylist
Thanks guys!
Considering I got it with free shipping - AND it IS EvilBay.......
I'll call it a Deal. Not good, not bad...!

EvilBay GOT ME BACK.....
The Athearn Genesis SD70M I just had on there, just sold for 51 DOLLARS !!!

So the TYCO wasn't my worst deal today.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 82  ~  Member Since: September 27 2015  ~  Last Visit: October 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - October 08 2015 :  2:30:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Well on my way from a sale (got some Marklin will be posted up tommorrow)

SAW auto loader at a hobby shop I use to frequent when I worked in the area AND GUESS HOW MUCH IT WAS??????

(no did not buy it)

It was brown boxed with the cars still carded
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

pacbelt
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 09 2015 :  05:20:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add pacbelt to Buddylist
I'll try to get better pictures when it Arrives, including the box.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 82  ~  Member Since: September 27 2015  ~  Last Visit: October 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

pacbelt
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 11 2015 :  04:45:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add pacbelt to Buddylist
It arrived today!

With, and without flash... if it helps.

Also, he was nice enough to replace the missing car in the set....

With a Chevy Citation!!!!
I'm actually glad... I don't have enough cheesy 70-80s vehicles!

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 17 2015 :  9:21:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Actually, $11 isn't bad, I've paid from 8 to almost 20 for them. ONLY if they have the autos with them, those are the pieces I wanted because of the AMC AMX cars. That said, I don't buy them much anymore, as I have probably over 20 of these now. I started converting them to Kadee couplers and and Athearn trucks awhile back, I have about 9 done. They roll fantastic, and I love pulling all those AMC cars. :) I'd say anything under 12 is pretty much a bargain price if it's boxed and complete and intact. Some of my collection :

This is my boxed collection. Some I won't open, others I will raid just for the AMC cars.

This is the 3 different ways you can find this auto loader - Red Box, Brown box, and brown box split set. There is the later one with Chevy Citations, but I don't count that one :D I'm only interested in the 1968 version.

"Some" of my loose collection. I found more when cleaning up in the basement, and I"m sure I've missed a few more. Like I said, I think I have 20+ of these scattered around my basement. I collected as many as I could to get them upgraded.

One of my test runs at the club, I had 6 auto loaders converted, and 2 gave me problems,so I dropped down to these 4 and the trailer flats. I hope to eventrually run 8-9 of them, plus converted Santa Fe trailer flats to AMC trailers, and a couple of truck cab flats, and then add some LIma flats with two Bachmann Trackster Jeepster bodies on the former Mercedes chassis. :) Got a few of the Jeepster/Lima flat conversions done, haven't done much with the Santa Fe trailer conversions yet, other than the flat cars to kadee/Athearn trucks. Will hopefully make more progress on it this winter. Cleaning off my workbench in the basement now, AAMOF. :) Glad to see the top of it again.

Anyway, good hunting, and enjoy your TYco Autoloader!

Jerry in VA, Tyco Auto Loader collector and operator.

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - October 17 2015 :  10:48:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Always thought the later cars were Buick Skylarks

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 17 2015 :  11:26:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by thesiding - October 17 2015 :  10:48:26 PM

You might be right - I think the Citations came with the Life Like auto rack come to think of it. The other car was so generic I couldn't identify it. Now I"ll have to go Google Buick Skylarks to see if they match up.....ah, looks like the 1980-85 Skylark is close to a dead ringer!

I'd say you're spot on that one, thesiding! :)

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

pacbelt
Switcher

LIRRDashingAvatar

Posted - October 18 2015 :  07:08:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add pacbelt to Buddylist
Jerry,
You've got QUITE a collection of Autoracks!!

I've never seen the newer set... the cars look like a mix of a
Buick Skylark and a Dodge Aries Coupe....

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 18 2015 :  07:40:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by thesiding - October 17 2015 :  10:48:26 PM

Nope...those are 1982 Mustangs

It's the slanted grille and hood scoop that gives them away.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 18 2015 :  07:42:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
double post
Edited by - JNXT 7707 on October 18 2015 11:11:04 AM
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - October 18 2015 :  10:15:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Regardless what they are how I came to that conclusion is even more interesting

The ep of Simpsons where Krusty gets celeberty friends to help jump start his career Johnny Carson "holds" a 1987 Buick Skylark over his head

start singing Carmen now

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 18 2015 :  11:10:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
LOL - I missed that one!
I'll agree that it's generic 80's styling more than anything else. Not Tyco's finest modeling moment. I'll stick with the Mustangs though

Previous Topic: minimum voltage output on a Tyco transformer? Topic Next Topic: tyco signal man accessory wiring?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000