|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 08:58:48 AM
|
Ok, posting my other Mantua Heavy I got a few weeks ago, this Pacific fruit growers Express car is in fantastic shape, as was the gondola last week. Great grabs for $5 each. :)
Jerry
" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 3974 ~
Member Since: January 04 2009 ~
Last Visit: January 11 2019
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 09:19:15 AM
|
$5 for something that good?! Wow, that's awesome, man! Anyway, my COTW is a Penn Line Pennsylvania observation coach. 
-Steve
"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 3533 ~
Member Since: February 17 2014 ~
Last Visit: January 11 2023
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 10:11:37 AM
|
Nicely toasted. Coach looks beat to Heck and back. Slap a PC logo on it, and its crispy creme.
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 11691 ~
Member Since: December 09 2013 ~
Last Visit: September 07 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 10:15:19 AM
|
Back after a short absence with a Texaco tank car by Tyco.
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 338 ~
Member Since: February 08 2013 ~
Last Visit: January 27 2019
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 11:05:14 AM
|
quote:Nicely toasted. Coach looks beat to Heck and back. Slap a PC logo on it, and its crispy creme.
Originally posted by Chops124 - June 28 2015 : 10:11:37 AM
|
No kidding, it totally looks like a PC car.
-Steve
"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 3533 ~
Member Since: February 17 2014 ~
Last Visit: January 11 2023
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 11:09:07 AM
|
hi jerry wish my 3 were in as good a condition as yours ken
|
Country: United Kingdom ~
Posts: 8294 ~
Member Since: September 28 2006 ~
Last Visit: October 20 2021
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 12:26:03 PM
|
quote:Back after a short absence with a Texaco tank car by Tyco.

Originally posted by thetramp - June 28 2015 : 10:15:19 AM
|
Wekcome back tramp - was wondering where you were. Nice photo of the texaco tanker
http://tycodepot.com/
|
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 12:30:19 PM
|
quote: quote:Nicely toasted. Coach looks beat to Heck and back. Slap a PC logo on it, and its crispy creme.
Originally posted by Chops124 - June 28 2015 : 10:11:37 AM
|
No kidding, it totally looks like a PC car.
Originally posted by kovacste000 - June 28 2015 : 11:05:14 AM
|
What are you kidding?? It's a brave new world just after the merger, and PC is leading the way. HERE is a PC observation car 

http://tycodepot.com/
|
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 12:58:23 PM
|
quote: They basically just stamped the PC logo on a lot of their passenger cars. Especially in their early era.
-Steve
"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 3533 ~
Member Since: February 17 2014 ~
Last Visit: January 11 2023
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 2:13:30 PM
|
quote:hi jerry wish my 3 were in as good a condition as yours ken

Originally posted by catfordken - June 28 2015 : 11:09:07 AM
|
Any idea what company made those reefers? I think I have the Armour car (will have to dig it out to check number) but it's one of the few cardboard side cars I can't pin down.
--CRC
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 930 ~
Member Since: January 25 2012 ~
Last Visit: August 23 2023
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 3:43:23 PM
|
quote:They basically just stamped the PC logo on a lot of their passenger cars. Especially in their early era.
Originally posted by kovacste000 - June 28 2015 : 12:58:23 PM
|
Maybe in your world, Stephen - but in mine the PC rules the Northeast, and is getting ready to take over the entire eastern half of the country
http://tycodepot.com/
|
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 5:28:36 PM
|
quote: quote:They basically just stamped the PC logo on a lot of their passenger cars. Especially in their early era.
Originally posted by kovacste000 - June 28 2015 : 12:58:23 PM
|
Maybe in your world, Stephen - but in mine the PC rules the Northeast, and is getting ready to take over the entire eastern half of the country 
Originally posted by JNXT 7707 - June 28 2015 : 3:43:23 PM
|
Oh, okay. So your's is like an alternate universe.
-Steve
"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 3533 ~
Member Since: February 17 2014 ~
Last Visit: January 11 2023
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 6:19:56 PM
|
I'm having PC envy. Would love to see that PC universe! Bring it on! By the way Tramp, very nice shot of a classic piece. Love that brass rail.
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 11691 ~
Member Since: December 09 2013 ~
Last Visit: September 07 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 28 2015 : 6:51:01 PM
|
quote:
Any idea what company made those reefers? I think I have the Armour car (will have to dig it out to check number) but it's one of the few cardboard side cars I can't pin down.
Originally posted by PRR 4800 - June 28 2015 : 2:13:30 PM
|
Um, if you read my first post at top, it's a Mantua. If you didn't, it's still a Mantua - heavies edition. Blue box type.
Jerry
" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 3974 ~
Member Since: January 04 2009 ~
Last Visit: January 11 2019
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 29 2015 : 09:02:19 AM
|
Imagine my surprise when I walk into my local train shop and seen this. Actually, I did a double take because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Yes, it was right in front of the junk section, the owner considers TYCO and Mantua either toys or trash. He knows I'm a TYCO collector, so when he sees me grab it with the quickness, I think I may have over played my hand. I compose myself, then ask "How much"? His reply"10 buck should do it". Can you say "SCORE"!!!!! I think the last time I seen this on eBay it went for close to eighty dollars.
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 664 ~
Member Since: May 05 2012 ~
Last Visit: June 11 2024
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
waw47
Hudson
 
Status:
offline
| |
Posted - June 29 2015 : 1:07:14 PM
|
| GG-1, Is there any identification on the box? The BSA cars usually turn up in Mantua Boxes.
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 466 ~
Member Since: August 09 2010 ~
Last Visit: July 22 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 29 2015 : 2:08:39 PM
|
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 11691 ~
Member Since: December 09 2013 ~
Last Visit: September 07 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 29 2015 : 4:54:43 PM
|
** Mantua Union Pacific Bunk Car. frank
toptrain
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 7539 ~
Member Since: August 07 2008 ~
Last Visit: June 22 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 29 2015 : 9:39:10 PM
|
Lots of nice classic stuff already this week!
Here's mine. I picked it up on ebay. I don't want to start controversy, but it was cheap and I figured I'd better get one while I can.
Edited by - burlington77 on June 29 2015 9:55:53 PM
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 1166 ~
Member Since: October 18 2009 ~
Last Visit: December 23 2018
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - June 30 2015 : 11:25:54 AM
|
I has that car, toptrain Along with the 2 flatcars & the gondola one flatcar is a former derrick car but it was missing when I got it
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 15046 ~
Member Since: February 23 2009 ~
Last Visit: October 07 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - July 04 2015 : 6:28:43 PM
|
quote:** Mantua Union Pacific Bunk Car. frank

Originally posted by toptrain - June 29 2015 : 4:54:43 PM
|
Dang!
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 11691 ~
Member Since: December 09 2013 ~
Last Visit: September 07 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|
|
|
Posted - July 04 2015 : 9:24:12 PM
|
quote:I has that car, toptrain Along with the 2 flatcars & the gondola one flatcar is a former derrick car but it was missing when I got it 
Originally posted by microbusss - June 30 2015 : 11:25:54 AM
|
I should add that I even have a few of the newer MOW gondolas that Tyco did in the BB era
|
Country: USA ~
Posts: 15046 ~
Member Since: February 23 2009 ~
Last Visit: October 07 2026
|
Alert Moderator
|
|