Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Tyco thoughts & ideas
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Issues on HO Seeker Site Topic Next Topic: Dirt the Cat
Page: of 2

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 26 2015 :  11:31:01 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
We all know how the Chatanooga set was steam powered but later went to diesel

We know Clementine had a steam loco but NO diesel

Now IF Tyco made a diesel for that set
What would it look like?

Then there's the USA Express that is NOT a Bicentennial set
It came with a generic caboose
How would you decorate the USA Express caboose? hehe

Long time ago I wanted to do the USA Cartoon Express train in HO
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - June 27 2015 :  12:46:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I've pondered that myself. What would it look as if Tyco did a Clementine diesel and what engine? I also wonder why Tyco never gave the GG-1 a So76 treatment or a PC or Conrail job? Like to have seen that. Maybe a Royal Blue diesel to match the namesake 2-8-0. I do wanna create a Clementine 2-8-0 for fun.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - June 27 2015 :  01:25:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Or what about a Santa Fe SD24 or GG-1 or Shark Nose? Everything else in the line up was Santa Fe.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - June 27 2015 :  12:54:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Or what about a Santa Fe SD24 or GG-1 or Shark Nose? Everything else in the line up was Santa Fe.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 27 2015 :  3:40:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
course the Chattanooga diesel did resemble the Rock Island scheme
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  02:37:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
I've been on a fantasy "What If" kick lately, so I dug up a few drawings I did from some of the ideas in this thread.

Clementine GP20 and both streamlined caboose and Wide Vision caboose (Courtesy Michael Eby - http://www.trainiax.net and Joshua Moldover - http://paintshop.railfan.net )

Modern Clementine hopper

USA Express Caboose (Modified from a drawing from Joshua Moldover)

Edited by - DanMacK on September 01 2016 02:49:08 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  03:05:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Durango 4-6-0

Durango 2-8-0

Durango passenger train "The Plainsman" (Might be better with 2 coaches)

Edited by - DanMacK on September 02 2016 6:26:44 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 01 2016 :  12:11:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

USA Express Caboose (Modified from a drawing from Joshua Moldover)

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 01 2016 :  02:37:21 AM

oh I want one NOW!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 01 2016 :  2:02:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
Durango 4-6-0

Durango 2-8-0

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 01 2016 :  03:05:39 AM

Wow that Durango F Unit looks really nice. I really wish Tyco did more with that road name.

Edited by - DanMacK on September 02 2016 6:27:03 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  2:11:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Same Here. I was thinking about that last night. One of my favourite cars has always been the Durango stock car ()never had any of the other pieces)

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 01 2016 :  3:15:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Same Here. I was thinking about that last night. One of my favourite cars has always been the Durango stock car ()never had any of the other pieces)
Originally posted by DanMacK - September 01 2016 :  2:11:38 PM

well I own ALL the Durango pieces now!
even the rare streamlined caboose!

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  3:16:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
I was thinking of getting some Durango stuff and designing a small layout around it :D

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 01 2016 :  5:51:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
Durango 4-6-0

Durango 2-8-0

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 01 2016 :  03:05:39 AM

These are really nice - I'm tempted to do such a set. I think the scheme would look good on the old time passenger cars as well.

BTW, here is my rake of Durango cars, with a Laramie car thrown in. I think we're on the same wavelength.

--Thomas

Edited by - DanMacK on September 02 2016 6:27:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:04:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
I've been thinking about doing a Rocky Mountain Line excursion set, something like the real Rocky Mountaineer train. A couple of RML SD24s, plus combine, coaches, and observation. I might go non-Tyco by adding a Life Like full dome.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:12:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
I'm toying with the old-time coaches too, just need to draw a blank to paint them :D

Love the line-up of Durango cars. I'm not even sure what I have. I know I have a Durango and a Laramie.

Laramie, North Park and Western was an actual railroad up until 1951 until it was absorbed into UP.

Blue and yellow Laramie loco anyone?

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:18:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
I'm toying with the old-time coaches too, just need to draw a blank to paint them :D

Love the line-up of Durango cars. I'm not even sure what I have. I know I have a Durango and a Laramie.

Laramie, North Park and Western was an actual railroad up until 1951 until it was absorbed into UP.

Blue and yellow Laramie loco anyone?

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 01 2016 :  6:12:09 PM

LNP&W even had 2-8-2s that were about the same size as the 2-8-0. Yes, I can totally see GP20s in Laramie blue and yellow.

One thing I want to do with the Durango cars is make a drover's coach. I'll probably use an old time coach for that purpose and dress is up with shades in the windows.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 01 2016 :  6:48:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
the LNP&&W became the Wyoming Colorado Railroad WYCO
I did ride it once
it went from Laramie south to Walden, Colorado

Abandoned in 2007 about & some is a rail trail now

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 02 2016 :  01:20:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
quote:
Originally posted by Redwoods - September 01 2016 : 6:18:50 PM

One thing I want to do with the Durango cars is make a drover's coach. I'll probably use an old time coach for that purpose and dress is up with shades in the windows.

What about repainting a Mantua Drover?

Continuing with the Kansas, Durango & Colorado theme... a 40' Boxcar.

With the GP20, Stock Car, Searchlight car and Caboose, I think Durango was on par with Chattanooga as the most used "fictional" line.

Old time coaches in 2 flavours (not sure which I like better. Kind of partial to the brown.

And on another track... Rocky Mountain Lines Consolidation :D

Edited by - DanMacK on September 02 2016 04:11:14 AM

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 02 2016 :  2:18:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 02 2016 :  01:20:01 AM

The drover's caboose is of course a great idea and would look splendid in brown and yellow. I've read somewhere though that conductors and brakemen wanted to be as far away as they could from drovers due to their odor. So that's why I want to give the drivers their own coach.

BTW, great schemes for the boxcar and old time coaches. I'm leaning toward the yellow ones. And the RML steamer looks great too.

For the RML streamliners that I'm planning, I want to go with the Texas Special scheme - basically the fluting silver and the roof, window band, and skirts in orange/red. Basically substitute the white of the RML scheme with stainless steel.

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 02 2016 :  3:18:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Continuing with the Kansas, Durango & Colorado theme... a 40' Boxcar.

With the GP20, Stock Car, Searchlight car and Caboose, I think Durango was on par with Chattanooga as the most used "fictional" line.

Old time coaches in 2 flavours (not sure which I like better. Kind of partial to the brown.

And on another track... Rocky Mountain Lines Consolidation :D

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 02 2016 :  01:20:01 AM

That boxcar is really nice. The Durango scheme appears to look great on any piece of equipment. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at painting a 430 or F unit in Durango but there's no decals for the Durango logo.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 02 2016 :  4:39:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:

That boxcar is really nice. The Durango scheme appears to look great on any piece of equipment. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at painting a 430 or F unit in Durango but there's no decals for the Durango logo.

Originally posted by kristofer4301 - September 02 2016 :  3:18:52 PM

For my Pine Hill Lumber project that I did a couple years ago, I used white inkjet decal paper. I photoshopped the decals, then printed them onto the decal paper. It worked great. I'm sure that the Durango theme would work well using the same technique.

Here is a link to the project and a couple of photos.

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13586

--Thomas

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 02 2016 :  5:32:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by kristofer4301 - September 02 2016 :  3:18:52 PM

For my Pine Hill Lumber project that I did a couple years ago, I used white inkjet decal paper. I photoshopped the decals, then printed them onto the decal paper. It worked great. I'm sure that the Durango theme would work well using the same technique.

Here is a link to the project and a couple of photos.

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13586

--Thomas

Originally posted by Redwoods - September 02 2016 :  4:39:25 PM

WOW that turned out really nice! Ill look into then. It would make a good project. I guess its time to buy a MU-2 Santa Fe off eBay to get started!

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 02 2016 :  6:28:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
You may notice I changed the 4-6-0. Noticed original artist was picky about reposts, so I drew my own :D

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - September 02 2016 :  7:54:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
The drover's caboose is of course a great idea and would look splendid in brown and yellow. I've read somewhere though that conductors and brakemen wanted to be as far away as they could from drovers due to their odor.
Originally posted by Redwoods - September 02 2016 :  2:18:59 PM

I've seen drover's cabooses that were separate cars from the train crew's caboose. They looked like a caboose minus the cupola with lots of windows down the sides. I think one could make a convincing one out of a shorty coach and a freight car type roof. Remember a smoke jack. I assume it'd have a stove.
See old CNW Drover's Waycar on Black Hills Central:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=483365

Carpe Manana!
Edited by - scsshaggy on September 02 2016 8:02:27 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2354  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 02 2016 :  8:40:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
The drover's caboose is of course a great idea and would look splendid in brown and yellow. I've read somewhere though that conductors and brakemen wanted to be as far away as they could from drovers due to their odor.
Originally posted by Redwoods - September 02 2016 :  2:18:59 PM

I've seen drover's cabooses that were separate cars from the train crew's caboose. They looked like a caboose minus the cupola with lots of windows down the sides. I think one could make a convincing one out of a shorty coach and a freight car type roof. Remember a smoke jack. I assume it'd have a stove.
See old CNW Drover's Waycar on Black Hills Central:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=483365

Nice find. I also like the ladders on the ends. Here is another one converted from a boxcar. Using a shorty coach with freight car roof makes total sense.

http://atsf.railfan.net/waycars/d918.html

Edited by - Redwoods on September 02 2016 8:42:01 PM

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 03 2016 :  5:15:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Kristofer,

It was your Pine Hill GP20 and this thread that got me thinking with "What Ifs"

Now thanks to this, I'm seriously thinking of moving my locale from Ontario to the Southwest, lol.

Thinking about the Kansas, Durango & Colorado as an actual railroad, I could see it running along asimilar route to the Kansas Pacific. An extension would run to Durango. The GP20's would be good for the plains lines east of Pueblo, but bigger power would be needed on the Mountain routes. An SD24 would be a great addition to the KD&C roster. An interchange with the Rocky Mountain Line further into the mountains would be achieved at Durango.

I also drew up a switcher for Clementine Mining because of course, the Clementine has to be located in Colorado.

I am putting waaaaaaay too much thought into this, lol

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 03 2016 :  10:14:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hehe
BOY! did I start a good thread or what?

the way I think about a steam Durango is
It would of been all black with silver on the front
& with the old fashioned KD&C RR lettering on the tender

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - September 03 2016 :  10:25:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
A golden eagle passenger set with a pacific steam loco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 04 2016 :  01:15:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
Kristofer,

It was your Pine Hill GP20 and this thread that got me thinking with "What Ifs"

Now thanks to this, I'm seriously thinking of moving my locale from Ontario to the Southwest, lol.

Thinking about the Kansas, Durango & Colorado as an actual railroad, I could see it running along asimilar route to the Kansas Pacific. An extension would run to Durango. The GP20's would be good for the plains lines east of Pueblo, but bigger power would be needed on the Mountain routes. An SD24 would be a great addition to the KD&C roster. An interchange with the Rocky Mountain Line further into the mountains would be achieved at Durango.

I also drew up a switcher for Clementine Mining because of course, the Clementine has to be located in Colorado.

I am putting waaaaaaay too much thought into this, lol

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 03 2016 :  5:15:32 PM

Unfortunately that is not my GP-20 its Redwood's. None the less, that SD-24 looks extremely nice too. The Durango scheme seems to work on anymodel. It would be cool to make multiple units and maybe patch a few for like the UP since we can assume that the Durango would probably merge into it like every other Western RR.

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 04 2016 :  01:53:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by bnsfIA - September 03 2016 :  10:25:29 PM

I've drawn a streamlined Golden Eagle set with a Shark. A Pacific would be cool. Leave it with me :P

Sorry Redwoods! lol

Edited by - DanMacK on September 04 2016 02:06:05 AM

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - September 04 2016 :  03:32:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
DanMacK, those are some lovely digital mockups. The only ones I would take exception to are the streamlined Clementine caboose and its non-streamlined counterpart - in case you didn't know, there's an official Clementine caboose and it's red.
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 04 2016 :  04:21:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Thanks Zelda :) I know there's an official Clementine caboose. I designed the diesel version and caboose as an homage to the Chattanooga. There are 2 official cabooses for that one two (three if you include the Wide Vision)

I remember seeing a couple of Durango Dash 9's here. Only managed to find one again. Anyone have those links?

Edited by - DanMacK on September 04 2016 12:16:07 PM

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - September 04 2016 :  4:05:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
DanMacK, those are some lovely digital mockups. ...

Originally posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman - September 04 2016 :  03:32:33 AM

I agree with Zelda... you are doing excellent work DanMacK

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 04 2016 :  7:27:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

I agree with Zelda... you are doing excellent work DanMacK

Originally posted by Redwoods - September 04 2016 :  4:05:52 PM

yes I agree

now GIMMIE that USA Express caboose!!

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 04 2016 :  11:16:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Now this is some nice fantasy Tyco work! I finally went back and started at the top of this thread and read the entire thing. I really like some of the ideas ( and drawings ) shown here. I too want a USA Express caboose. :)

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 04 2016 :  11:27:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Thanks all :D Now here's a question... the reporting marks on the Durango stock car are just KC... Does that mean it's just the Kansas & Colorado? lol

It would make more sense as Durango is IN Colorado, but it just sounds cool with the 3 names.

Fits better on a passenger coach too.

Edited by - DanMacK on September 04 2016 11:29:14 PM

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 04 2016 :  11:56:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks all :D Now here's a question... the reporting marks on the Durango stock car are just KC... Does that mean it's just the Kansas & Colorado? lol

It would make more sense as Durango is IN Colorado, but it just sounds cool with the 3 names.

Fits better on a passenger coach too.

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 04 2016 :  11:27:07 PM

I think the "Durango" part was just a nickname or name of the Road. Based on the reporting marks it would just be Kansas and Colorado.

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 05 2016 :  02:53:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
That's what I was thinking.

I painted a 50' box in that vein. Kansas & Colorado, as well as Kansas, Durango & Colorado.

Kansas & Colorado has an interesting simplicity about it.

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 05 2016 :  05:29:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:

I painted a 50' box in that vein. Kansas & Colorado, as well as Kansas, Durango & Colorado.

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 05 2016 :  02:53:43 AM

I love the "updated" logo. Definitely getting some great ideas from this thread. I have a friend who is a graphic designer....I'll ask him to make some modernized versions of the Durango logo. Would be neat to see a SD-70ACe in Durango colors.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 05 2016 :  10:17:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 05 2016 :  02:53:43 AM

I love the "updated" logo. Definitely getting some great ideas from this thread. I have a friend who is a graphic designer....I'll ask him to make some modernized versions of the Durango logo. Would be neat to see a SD-70ACe in Durango colors.

Originally posted by kristofer4301 - September 05 2016 :  05:29:32 AM

yeah?
well I'd do The Rock/Route Rock on a modern loco too!!

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - September 05 2016 :  11:54:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
DanMack,
These fantasy drawings are awesome. The most interesting thing I have seen here in a while. What program were they drawn with? I have done fantasy drawings with MS Paint but are not the same in quality. These would be interesting to frame and have in the layout room.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 05 2016 :  1:02:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist

quote:

yeah?
well I'd do The Rock/Route Rock on a modern loco too!!

Originally posted by microbusss - September 05 2016 :  10:17:33 AM

I'd love to see that nice blue and white paint scheme on a modern diesel. It would probably look great. I know NS made their Rock Island heritage unit but it used the red and black paint scheme. I really wish Tyco did a "The Rock" 430.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 05 2016 :  7:51:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

I'd love to see that nice blue and white paint scheme on a modern diesel. It would probably look great. I know NS made their Rock Island heritage unit but it used the red and black paint scheme. I really wish Tyco did a "The Rock" 430.

Originally posted by kristofer4301 - September 05 2016 :  1:02:32 PM

nopes wrong!
it was Iowa Interstate Railroad that did that
I think they bought the RI trade name but idk if it includes Route Rock/The Rock
prolly does

dmoney2015
Switcher

devinbaker

Posted - September 05 2016 :  8:00:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add dmoney2015 to Buddylist
i like your ideas going to try to make durango decals for freight cars and engines
devin "give me the ugly steam none of that streamlined stuff"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: February 13 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 05 2016 :  8:50:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by kristofer4301 - September 05 2016 :  1:02:32 PM

nopes wrong!
it was Iowa Interstate Railroad that did that
I think they bought the RI trade name but idk if it includes Route Rock/The Rock
prolly does
Im so confused. :/ I thought "The Rock" was the Rock Island Line. Please help.
Originally posted by microbusss - September 05 2016 :  7:51:17 PM

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 05 2016 :  9:18:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
quote:
DanMack,
These fantasy drawings are awesome. The most interesting thing I have seen here in a while. What program were they drawn with? I have done fantasy drawings with MS Paint but are not the same in quality. These would be interesting to frame and have in the layout room.

Originally posted by Alco Fan - September 05 2016 :  11:54:36 AM

Thanks!

Believe it or not.. MS Paint. I've been drawing with it for so long, I'm used to it. Most of the drawings are ones I've just painted, but I did draw the steam locos (not overly detailed ones though).

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - September 05 2016 :  9:21:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by bnsfIA - September 03 2016 :  10:25:29 PM

I've drawn a streamlined Golden Eagle set with a Shark. A Pacific would be cool. Leave it with me :P

Sorry Redwoods! lol

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 04 2016 :  01:53:17 AM

Finished with that golden eagle set? Can't wait to see the results
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - September 05 2016 :  9:22:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
DanMack,

Originally posted by Alco Fan - September 05 2016 :  11:54:36 AM

Thanks!

Believe it or not.. MS Paint. I've been drawing with it for so long, I'm used to it. Most of the drawings are ones I've just painted, but I did draw the steam locos (not overly detailed ones though).

Originally posted by DanMacK - September 05 2016 :  9:18:00 PM

Your'e really good at ms paint!

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - September 05 2016 :  9:28:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Thanks bnsfIA :D. I take no credit for the majority of the drawings, just the painting.

The Golden Eagle set is on my PC at work, lol. I'll post it shortly.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 06 2016 :  12:22:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Im so confused. :/ I thought "The Rock" was the Rock Island Line. Please help.
Originally posted by kristofer4301 - September 05 2016 :  8:50:59 PM

yes Route Rock & Rock Island was the last paint scheme CRI&P they did b4 total bankruptcy in 1980

which is why I'd number the modern The Rock loco 1980

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 06 2016 :  12:36:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:

yes Route Rock & Rock Island was the last paint scheme CRI&P they did b4 total bankruptcy in 1980

which is why I'd number the modern The Rock loco 1980

Originally posted by microbusss - September 06 2016 :  12:22:11 AM

Neat. The Rock is a pretty old fallen flag then. It would be cool to paint a ES44AC or SD70ACe in those colors. Personally I like the NS Heritage paint scheme better. But it would be cool to have all three paint schemes on modern locos. I wish I was good at painting so I could do that.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Issues on HO Seeker Site Topic Next Topic: Dirt the Cat  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000