Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Life-Like Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Unknown Campbells Soup Billboards Found...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Life-Like accessory/scenic expansion sets Topic Next Topic: LL 8 wheel drive?  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 12 2015 :  01:45:16 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
A few nights ago, I spotted an auction with an oddball Life-Like billboard that I had never seen before. I blew it off as something someone had cut a paper sign for and made. Tonight I stumbled onto a Life-Like Campbell's Soup train set complete. This set had THREE billboards in the set that I never knew L-L had made. After searching a while, I found that the Campbell's set did come with 3 billboard signs I knew nothing about...

I thought I would search ebay to see if any of these 3 are on auction. Surprisingly, I found an auction that had all 3 in still in the package they come in with the set! More surprising, the auction was listed with a $2.00 by it now and $4.00 shipping... I had to have them and bought the set immediately! Auction w/ photos below..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plastic-HO-Train-Scale-Bilbooards-with-Paper-Inserts-Set-of-3-NIP-/111591459317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fb5e89f5

Edited by - walt on February 12 2015 3:22:09 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 12 2015 :  08:25:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Sometimes sets get stuff that you can't buy loose, so that was a Hmm! Hmm! Good! grab, Walt! For the price, you can't beat it. Way to go.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 12 2015 :  09:42:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
$6 is all you paid for that? Not bad man, not bad.Oh, and Jerry, nice reference.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 12 2015 :  10:52:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
make us copies when you get them!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 12 2015 :  1:56:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Jerry... It was kinda like I discovered them, researched them, and bought a set all within a hour...

Yes, Stephen...I thought it was a reasonable buy!...

Ben, Remind me sometime to make copies if you "wants" them...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 12 2015 :  2:37:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Ben, Remind me sometime to make copies if you "wants" them...

Originally posted by walt - February 12 2015 :  1:56:59 PM

I DO!
Campbell's discontinued use of Franco-American on Nov 18 2004
Plus this year is the 100th Anniversay of Campbell's acquiring the Franco-American brand
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - February 12 2015 :  6:54:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
Umm... not to burst anyone's bubble, but I found a bunch of these Campbell's billboards a few years back in somebody's freebie bin and kept 'em just for the hell of it, never really wanted them, but they were in such nice shape I didn't want them to go to waste. Haven't dug them out of the box in over a year. Anyone want more?
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 12 2015 :  8:24:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
This one come in the 2 package with the Coke billboard sometimes. Other was the Coke & Like-Like advertisement...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 15 2015 :  10:51:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Both sides of the Campbell's billboards...

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 16 2015 :  2:19:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Umm... not to burst anyone's bubble, but I found a bunch of these Campbell's billboards a few years back in somebody's freebie bin and kept 'em just for the hell of it, never really wanted them, but they were in such nice shape I didn't want them to go to waste. Haven't dug them out of the box in over a year. Anyone want more?

Originally posted by PRR 4800 - February 12 2015 :  6:54:31 PM

YES! gimmies!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 16 2015 :  2:34:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I had a few of the Life-Like lighted billboards back in the 70s. In my second childhood I bought all of them that was once sold at stores. Since there was a Campbell's back then I just thought I would get these 3 since they are related pieces. No lights ever come on these 3 though which is OK...
  Previous Topic: Life-Like accessory/scenic expansion sets Topic Next Topic: LL 8 wheel drive?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000