Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 22 ]  [ Total: 22 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Hollywood Foundry
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Pair of NJ Transit White E8''s Topic Next Topic: Adding some steam detail parts  

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - January 23 2015 :  11:18:40 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Has anyone heard of the Hollywood Foundry? It's a company in Australia that makes power trucks and other chassis and drive systems. They look of good quality. Mashima motors and so on. I wanna buy the hustler conversion kit. Impressive unit with a flywheel drive and all and a more reasonable gear ratio.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

rbturner
Big Six

RBT

Posted - January 24 2015 :  09:19:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add rbturner to Buddylist
http://www.hollywoodfoundry.com/

Randy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 358  ~  Member Since: April 30 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - January 24 2015 :  09:31:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
I'd love to have a shopping spree there. Lots of interesting power options.
http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 24 2015 :  10:00:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Yes, I was looking at their RDC re-power kits because my Earnst gear kit pretty much sucks. Looks like some great stuff.
~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - January 24 2015 :  11:30:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
I haven't tried one myself, but I've only heard great things about their drive units. If you want to try one, I say give it a go!

The Ernst RDC kit takes some tuning, but you can end up with a really smooth runner. I put one in an Athearn RDC a while back, and it works great!

Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 236  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thetramp
Big Six

tramp

Posted - January 24 2015 :  2:11:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thetramp to Buddylist
I was thinking of remotoring my athearn hustler for quite some time. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has used this company and what the results were.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 338  ~  Member Since: February 08 2013  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 24 2015 :  5:04:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
quote:

The Ernst RDC kit takes some tuning, but you can end up with a really smooth runner. I put one in an Athearn RDC a while back, and it works great!

Originally posted by Darth Santa Fe - January 24 2015 :  11:30:06 AM

Good job ... after what I went through with mine, I was convinced there was no hope ... I don't have that much patients, so I ripped out the Earnst kit and turned it into a dummy.

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - January 24 2015 :  5:10:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
quote:
I was thinking of remotoring my athearn hustler for quite some time. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has used this company and what the results were.

Originally posted by thetramp - January 24 2015 :  2:11:38 PM

I don't know of anyone who has one, but I found this:

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Previous Topic: Pair of NJ Transit White E8''s Topic Next Topic: Adding some steam detail parts  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000