Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Bski1969 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Can anyone tell what this is ?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Putty? Topic Next Topic: ANY solvent out there to do this?  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 27 2014 :  12:02:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
photo 1

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 27 2014 :  1:50:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
a forest of trees!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 27 2014 :  2:37:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
I'm gonna take a real wild guess that it is a photograph of somewhere in New Jersey. Beyond that . . . I am bewildered.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 27 2014 :  2:57:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
A former right-of-way?
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 27 2014 :  3:28:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
What exactly are you looking at? The trees? The trail looking thing between the trees? What?
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 27 2014 :  4:36:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Nice try everybody. The answer is related to the type forum it is in. If in airplanes' forum it would have something to do with airplanes'. In a train forum it is trains.
* There can be many answers.
** Mine is; It is a photo of a unboxed, craftsman starter kit for a model railroad car.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 27 2014 :  4:38:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
With that being how things go. Can anyone tell me what this is?
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - October 27 2014 :  4:53:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
The start of a fuel load for a General Loco.

Doesn't appear to long enough for uncut ties, nor the right type of tree.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 27 2014 :  8:46:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Alex the wood load is kind of a answere. but sticking to model trains, and the first answerer.

second answere.
It is a photo of a started, craftsman starter kit for a model railroad train car.

toptrain

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - October 27 2014 :  10:09:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
Some day, this little elm will grow into a mighty oak and lumberjacks will come and cut it down to make knotty pine paneling for recreation rooms.
- Charles M. Schultz

The bark kind of reminds me of white oak, but I expect that it's an HO tree modeled 87 times too big.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2356  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 28 2014 :  12:54:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Well, since the tree is already cut down for you, I'd say that instead of a craftsman kit, it's more of a shake-the-box wood boxcar kit!
Glenn

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 28 2014 :  12:55:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
In a more general sense, both pictures show scratchbuilding materials.
Glenn

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 28 2014 :  07:59:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
**All us modelers never see it the same. 10 of us can take a Ambroid reefer wood kit and make 10 entirely differnet cars from it. Too many variables aviable to us. The only thing I expected, and thought to be correct for us here is that the wood would be used only for some model train purposes. Charlie's use as paneling stretches the idea, and looses the concept of everything we get is for modeling. If he said he would cut it down to lumber for a train table, or to make scale buildings, that works. Maybe some bridge building. So many easy right answers.
frank

toptrain

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 28 2014 :  11:50:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Charlie's paneling the train room!
Glenn

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - October 29 2014 :  12:27:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Its log, its log, its big, its heavy, its wood, its log, its log, its better than bad its good. remember this song from the Ren and Stimpy show?
quote:
With that being how things go. Can anyone tell me what this is?
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - October 27 2014 :  4:38:47 PM

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 29 2014 :  01:05:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
yes
Glenn

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 29 2014 :  12:42:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Log from Blamo

Sung to the tune of Slinky Song

Lets not forget Action Log

Edited by - microbusss on October 29 2014 12:45:01 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14694  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Putty? Topic Next Topic: ANY solvent out there to do this?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000